SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-14, 06:10 PM   #61
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie9666 View Post
So your telling me that the only ways I am going to be able to play SH5 is to either, play a broken un-modded Steam Version or to buy yet another SH5 but this time on DVD?
Basically yes. Steam is utter crap. I despise anything like it (origin, etc.). I don't nor will I ever support crap like that. By not holding a physical copy of the software in your own hands you are at the mercy of whomever as to when they will let you play/use. They ultimately have the power to also stop you from ever playing/using it again (if they go out of business or decide they no longer want to support that piece of software). Why people use/support this crap is beyond me.

When Microsoft finally goes to the way of 'the cloud' like it intends to do I hope it's the death of them. This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 06:13 PM   #62
Brodie9666
Swabbie

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

....so wait, are you saying you think its crap?
Brodie9666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 06:15 PM   #63
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 06:16 PM   #64
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie9666 View Post
....so wait, are you saying you think its crap?
I'm not here to derail the topic of this thread. Steam is utter crap in my opinion. Nothing more needs to be said about it. You have your opinion and I have mine
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 10:46 PM   #65
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I've noticed some issues and glitches with the mod:

The Das Boot crew images, for me at least, destroys immersion because of the fact that the actual crew looks nothing like them. It would be great if this was made optional.

The UZO sight is now identical to the periscope's.

The binoculars also have this problem.

The underwater view is really messed up.
Old 01-24-14, 12:23 AM   #66
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 12:28 AM   #67
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
So what people want is clear underwater visibility , GPS plotting , bright nights so that you can see ships in total darkness miles away etc etc etc LOL .
I want GPS plotting (or as I prefer to call it, letting the navigator do all the tricky stuff) so I can read a book or watch a movie in transit, clear water so I can make good videos... but I don't want bright nights.
Old 01-24-14, 12:31 AM   #68
drexvil
Swabbie

Downloads: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Ha ha ha, oh no the can of worms!
drexvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 12:45 AM   #69
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
I want GPS plotting (or as I prefer to call it, letting the navigator do all the tricky stuff) so I can read a book or watch a movie in transit, clear water so I can make good videos... but I don't want bright nights.
Fair enough . You can transit with real navigation automation , only in straight line . But you already knew that . I must try to stay out of this thread , keep to my own thread .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 12:46 AM   #70
drexvil
Swabbie

Downloads: 153

Personally I see minimal usefulness of the underwater blur effects in a submarine sim. I know it's for 100% immersion, but no real WWII captain went outside underwater to see his own boat anyway.

I use the underwater views it to admire the graphical beauty of the boats & torps speeding through water and of ships sinking to the abyss. Sounds lame, but I love the ocean and it gives me a thrill. I understand why it's been implemented, but in this case I'd leave it off.

Awesome megamod, it seems much faster than individual mods put together.
drexvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 08:34 AM   #71
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

@Cybermat47,

Yes, Das Boot crew is a bit messed up, I could deal with that in the future...

Regarding binocular view... If you ever used binoculars you must agree with me that the views from your screenshots are much more realistic then default "two circles" solution. I use binoculars a lot when I pay a visit to my parents in the country side and I always see only one circle, not two...

Default underwater visibility in SH5 is totally unacceptable . I decided to use old Sober's FX2 solution because it's only one which will give us illusion that we can see something underwater but in a fact, we can't. This is very important for realistic gameplay. But it's not good for movie making , I agree...

Regarding "simple navigation" patch... It can't be done with single simple patch because most of the files needs to be manually deleted from the archive. This means that you'll have to wait until I create new archive and re upload it again.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 02:33 PM   #72
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Regarding binocular view... If you ever used binoculars you must agree with me that the views from your screenshots are much more realistic then default "two circles" solution. I use binoculars a lot when I pay a visit to my parents in the country side and I always see only one circle, not two...
Yes, but I've used WWII U-boat captain binoculars, and they don't have marks on them.
Old 01-25-14, 06:02 AM   #73
Cond
Watch

Downloads: 16

Are Stoian's free upgrade ( renown) mod and voice recognition 1.4 mod compatible with this megamod? Any of these maybe? If I'm fortunate and these are compatible is it okay if I install these two mods after the megamod,and the megamod's patch ?
Cond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 07:41 AM   #74
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I fully agree with TheDarkWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
This whole cloud thing is the most idiotic thing in the world! I swear people are either way too desensitized or they love sharing information about themselves to anyone/strangers. Using 'the cloud' is like broadcasting to the world ALL your personal information. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are the same. Wake up people. If you keep buying/using this crap then it will never go away/end. Everyone wonders why the US is so 'insert favorite explicative here'. It's all this Steam, Origin, Facebook, Twitter, Cloud crap.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 08:02 AM   #75
Cond
Watch

Downloads: 16

I managed to install the voice recognition mod quite a bit.

Last edited by Cond; 01-25-14 at 08:37 AM.
Cond is offline   Reply With Quote