Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-22, 10:14 AM   #3796
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The bill is for additional funding for vet health problems. Are we supposed to believe the senate didn't understand that when they voted for it?

One would think but it wouldn't be the first time Congress has passed unfunded mandates.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 10:52 AM   #3797
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The bill is for additional funding for vet health problems. Are we supposed to believe the senate didn't understand that when they voted for it?
Based on my understanding you are correct. It is supposed to provide an additional 280 billion over ten years.

Everyone is happy.

The issue from what I understand is someone added to the bill that the VA’ s normal discretionary operating expense would be moved to a direct funding account.

And that’s the point of contention because it would also for lack of better words create another 40 billion to cover the gap left in the already approved 2023 spending bill.

IMO it was added knowing full well it would cause Senate republicans to vote ‘nay’ on the colture vote. Which we see made them out to look like they were the bad guys feasting on infants and drinking the blood of veterans. I also read the move was NOT in the original bill from the lower house.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-01-22 at 11:21 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 11:27 AM   #3798
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
IMO it was added knowing full well it would cause Senate republicans to vote ‘nay’ on the colture vote. Which we see made them out to look like they were the bad guys feasting on infants and drinking the blood of veterans. I also read the move was NOT in the original bill from the lower house.
No, it wasn't added in. I've already told you the difference in the bill between the first and the latest Senate vote was. A single sentence was removed which was about taxation. You can check it yourself using site like: https://www.diffchecker.com/

Here, I made it easier for you:
https://www.diffchecker.com/2JQgCpEp
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 11:33 AM   #3799
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The fact remains it was in the Pact Act

Old 08-01-22, 11:42 AM   #3800
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
The fact remains it was in the Pact Act
You said it was added in before the latest vote, I showed you it wasn't. Now you're just going "nuh-uh".

Show me where it is in the bill. Trust me, I've tried my hardest to find anyone to point it out to me, but no one seems to be willing or able to do so.
Old 08-01-22, 11:45 AM   #3801
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Here’s an article that goes into what might happening. Partisan politics

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/sena...exposure-bill/

Old 08-01-22, 12:34 PM   #3802
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Trust me, I've tried my hardest to find anyone to point it out to me, but no one seems to be willing or able to do so.
‘Cause it’s not there

Old 08-01-22, 03:32 PM   #3803
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Only thing I've wanted for YEARS was to Die at home and not out in the Road!
I'm retired now So let's get this crap over with!
Unleash the Dogs of War! And stop playing around.
Old 08-01-22, 09:26 PM   #3804
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Hate it or love it. Reffitt sentenced to seven years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62382492

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 01:00 AM   #3805
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Biden and Trump maybe are irrelevant both now, havign been silenty sacked already by de Saantis - being extreme right wing and on the path of Trump - but unfortunately being much brighter. Bad news both for the US and Europe.

Pence should not even consider to run , he showed too long too much submissive loyalty and Kadavergehorsam - he is burnt.

I see no worthy candidate on any of the two sides. Not a single one. Nobody. Not even somebody I would describe as the smallest of all evils.
For such an educated guy, I say come to America and live with us.Pence was the perfect deep throat leaker.And your right .Pence should not even consider to run. But Political ego's in America mimic Germany's.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 01:41 AM   #3806
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Biden and Trump maybe are irrelevant both now, havign been silenty sacked already by de Saantis - being extreme right wing and on the path of Trump - but unfortunately being much brighter. Bad news both for the US and Europe.

Pence should not even consider to run , he showed too long too much submissive loyalty and Kadavergehorsam - he is burnt.

I see no worthy candidate on any of the two sides. Not a single one. Nobody. Not even somebody I would describe as the smallest of all evils.
For such an educated guy, I say come to America and live with us.Pence was the perfect deep throat leaker for the Left.And your right .Pence should not even consider to run. But Political ego's in America mimic Germany's and that's why our country's will become the depository's of the world's workers not the thinkers .That's for the U.N E.U to decide. Hell i think Belgium will become the Capital of the New World Order.
Really isn't that were the smartest people on this Planet have decided to congregate and dictate? Belgium was Beat down twice over. And it is a beautiful country.Look we have Kamala to take over from Joe. All the box's will be checked. And the U.S.A. will still be in the hands of I don't know who.Maybe Ukraine President is in charge. Do you know who is in charge ? We sure as hell don't

Last edited by Gorpet; 08-02-22 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-02-22, 02:51 AM   #3807
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Only thing I've wanted for YEARS was to Die at home and not out in the Road!
I'm retired now So let's get this crap over with!
Unleash the Dogs of War! And stop playing around.
Well Jeff, If the Joe Biden Buses and 747's keep flying and rolling in.You might have to allow some Dreamers on your property. I hope you have good plumbing. Then again your county might be run by Democrats. And when their voters set their tent's up on your property. Well now you have a Village and it takes a Village and just think of what this Village on your land could offer you.

You could accept this village and set a new standard for the future of , Well let me think Ah Utopia

Last edited by Gorpet; 08-02-22 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-02-22, 04:27 AM   #3808
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
So is Sleepy Joe gonna declare a climate emergency ala the dictator up north and his War Powers Act used against truckers?
Nope, The plan is Miragent Truckers.With Shell companies.That both parties can benefit from will be able to travel the highways of America. See each state has it's own Dot.Look that up. Each Governor of every state.Works with the gov of the next State.They work hand in hand.What will happen is you will wake up every morning and hear on your local news. A big truck has been involved in a fatality wreck.
Old 08-02-22, 10:03 AM   #3809
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

These are the changes to the Pact Act Senate Republicans wanted

https://rules.house.gov/bill/117/hr-3967-sa

Quote:
1 Version 1 Budd (NC) Republican Requires the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs to delay enrollment dates outlined in Section 103 if VA wait times increase by 20 percent or more during the relevant two year period. Submitted

2 Version 1 Roy (TX) Republican Provides that the Secretary shall remove an illness from a presumption of service connection previously established pursuant to a regulation issued under subsection (a) if there is a lack of evidence establishing a positive association between the illness and the toxic exposure. Submitted

3 Version 1 Roy (TX) Republican Provides that all of the funding appropriated under this act shall be unobligated amounts available under COVID relief funds. Submitted

4 Version 1 Bost (IL), Roy (TX) Republican Limits the Cost of War Toxic Exposure Fund to $116.8 billion over 10 years. Prevents the Fund from converting up to $396.6 billion of existing, already appropriated VA health care costs from discretionary to mandatory.

The highlighted amendment request is related to the 400 billion everyone is talking about. Seems there are two possibilities. The public copy of the bill we are are arguing over here at is different from the one both houses are arguing over because that one has not been made public yet. Or, nobody here knows enough legalese to find the legislation concerning the 396 billion in the one that is public. Either way it’s there ‘somewhere’ because two Senators submitted requests to amend it.

It’s not like this bill popped up over night and the fight just began. It’s been almost a year since it was introduced on 17 August 2021. I’m sure it’s going to get passed in form or another. I’m still not too keen on the possibility of creating another 400 billion more of debt. I look at it as one of the biggest pork barrels known to mankind.

As for the process.

https://www.house.gov/the-house-expl...lative-process

Quote:
Laws begin as ideas. First, a representative sponsors a bill. The bill is then assigned to a committee for study. If released by the committee, the bill is put on a calendar to be voted on, debated or amended. If the bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill.

My understanding of what’s happened so far is, the lower house approved their version of the bill and the upper house approved their version of the bill . We are now at that highlighted stage of working out any differences. Once settled they will take another cloture vote and eventually move it on to enrolling.

And NO, nobody suddenly changed their minds, the problem I think is nobody will change their mind. What I imagine happened is the Senate voted 84-14 to approve their version of the bill and sent it back to the lower house. The lower house completely disregarding anything the Senate proposed instead made some meaningless ‘technical’ change and sent it back to the Senate. The Senate looked at it and voted ‘nay’ as did Schumer leaving the bill open for debate. Next days headlines? Republicans don’t care, hate veterans, eat babies and drink their blood! Not one effin word about why the process or details are going the way they are. Where’s our journalists who are supposed to be our great watchdog. Seems like they’re working for government nowadays instead of watching over it.

Don’t ask questions just shut-up and pass the bill.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-02-22 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-03-22, 04:26 AM   #3810
Dowly
Lucky Jack

I do appreciate your way of mental gymnastics, but the PACT act has now passed 86-11 with no changes to the text making last week's vote pointless.

Well, not pointless. Had it passed last week it would have simply been seen as congress getting something done, but now instead it became a win for the Dems.

Last edited by Dowly; 08-13-22 at 02:49 AM.