SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-11, 07:44 PM   #91
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Takeda nervously eyes the rafters from his bunk. Thinking to himself; his mind raced over the events of the past day.

'I'll never get to sleep tonight. I'll never get used to this. These guards, this restrictive talk, the cruelity. It is obscene. It is inhuman. I just want to get out of here. 'Guess none of that matters. I'll die here. I'll never see home again. Never....'
Old 06-24-11, 08:06 PM   #92
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

In my bunk thinking of the days events and home:

"Time for some shut eye and dreaming of home. Thankfully I have the garden to keep my sanity. Mom and dad, "Go join the army. See the world." What were they thinking? Here I am seeing the world! Sure, in my 4 square miles of not much to look at. Surrounded by not much to look at water. Add Nisgeis and his nutty SS ideas. The man just looks diabolical! Throw in Tinman who is apparently spooked yet one who sends me to get water for thankless POW like he is about something. I don't get it nor will I. Perhaps I will make some small talk with the POW tomorrow if I can. See what is going on in the outside world. After all, a gardener who is just above worm grade does not get much information about the outside world. Mostly I hear how crappy my meals are. I'm a private. I don't see much advancement on this rock. Private Gardner at your service. Fetch water for the POW's. So and so would agree to kiss their liver lilly arses. Meh, they can hug my ripe tomatoes. I have really grown a great distaste for this island. If I keep on I will only grow more angry with my situation. Yes, perhaps tomorrow I will talk with our POW. "

Rolls over disgruntled.
Old 06-24-11, 08:50 PM   #93
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Hauptmann Rear puts down his book and stretches (loudly). Time to grab something to eat from the kitchens. He tries to find an on-duty soldier to cover the wall and turrets overlooking the POW camp, but the castle seems almost deserted.

10 minutes later Rear gulps down the last of the sausages and mashed potato dinner. Suddenly his stomach growls and it seems this meal has decided to pass right through...time to run past the POW camp to the privy.

Curse AVGWarhawk and his goddamn potatoes. This might take a while

Old 06-24-11, 09:07 PM   #94
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Old 06-24-11, 09:38 PM   #95
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58

*goes inside

damn its cold out there
Old 06-24-11, 10:09 PM   #96
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

*taking a sip from his hipflask*

Ah that's bettter. Look at those Germans watching us. They seem even more nervous then we are. And we're the ones being held captive. Can't blame them though; they hardly have us outnumbered. Hah! If only we had some guns we'd be showing them... Hm nature calls... Ah man, those privy's don't really look inviting, but I"ve gotta make some room though, my flask isn't even half empty.

*Walks to the privy's in a not-so straight line and relieves himself*
Ok, time to hit the sack. Maybe I'll come up with a brilliant plan to....

*hears a noise from the woods, runs/stumbles back to the bunkhouse*

Ok ok, take it easy. No reason to loose your marbles. It's an island for god's sake, nothing to worry about accept those Krauts.

*Empties his flask*
W-Well I'd better get all the shleep I can. There's probably *hip* going to be enough aczion tomorrow....

Last edited by Bakkels; 06-24-11 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-24-11, 10:46 PM   #97
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
Darkness falls as I continue to walk the perimeter. Occasionally I drag my foot across the soil, digging through the soft earth crust. It looks like sand - I guess that is to be expected on an island. I'm thinking tunnel.

A cold chill begins to blanket the isle. The shadows of the castle reach across the compound. The sun is behind the turrets and walls, but not yet down.

"They put the compound in the wrong spot." I think. A look around sees few lights. It feels colder, like death is hanging over.

Pioneer walks into the bunkhouse and flops down on his space. He curls up the Watchmans jacket tighter to fend off the cold.

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Old 06-24-11, 11:42 PM   #98
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It is Night

The sun crawls behind the ominous forest and night descends on Verposten X. Oberst HunterICX, Schuetze the_tyrant, & Hauptmann Rear dine on a rich feast in the Great Hall, leaving only Schuetze Oberon on guard in the East Turret.

Gefreiter August, Oberfeldwebel Ducimus, Gefreiter Tinman764, &
Schuetze The Enigma have turned in early.

Schuetze AVGWarhawk stands watch in the dock guard.

Seaman Jimbuna is alone, in the infirmary, bound securely.

No one has seen SS Nisgeis since the afternoon.

In the camp, Captain Raptor and his men troop into Bunkhouse A. Sailor Pioneer announced that he has found an old latrine trench running under the fence.

"The bunkhouses shield it from the view of both the tower, so a man may be able to crawl through the trench to the privies and escape," he said.

"There's no where to escape to," countered Chief Tarrasque. "If you haven't noticed."

"All the same," mused Captain Raptor, "it may be useful to reconniter the grounds and get to know the terrain better. One man won't be missed and he could be back in the camp by night. Any volunteers?"

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 06-24-11 at 11:58 PM.
Onkel Neal is online  
Old 06-25-11, 12:20 AM   #99
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
The Enigma called it a day and went to bed.

Aaaah, glad to have those damned boots removed, what a relief.
Hitler should send me a pair of his boots,
I'm sure those are hand made.....

*Hildegard was machst du den jetzt? Ist alles noch OK bei dir?*

After a short period, The Enigma felt asleep. A light snarl was send into the deep dark night

Old 06-25-11, 03:21 AM   #100
Rear
Helmsman

"Schuetze the_tyrant, you are lucky that we allow you the privilege of dining with the officers tonight. Pass me the salt please.

Oberst HunterICX, the armoury was in order during my inspection earlier. On a side note I also found some rather toxic potatoes in the kitchen that I thought Nisgeis might like to use during interrogation.

Also, with your permission, I would ask you to reconsider the decision you made earlier and allow some prisoners to seal the breach in the North Tower... Ducimus could oversee this perhaps - the British pigs seem scared of him haha! I feel this is an important issue still because who knows what sort of beast could crawl in through there"

Old 06-25-11, 03:29 AM   #101
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

*Starts snoring very loudly, then rolls over and jerks awake.*

"What the! ...Must have been a bad dream."

*Lays head back down and snoring starts again.*
Old 06-25-11, 03:51 AM   #102
Rear
Helmsman

Mein Gott, I swear I can hear those prisoners snoring all the way from their camp! Englisch schwein have no manners even when they're asleep

Old 06-25-11, 04:26 AM   #103
Tinman764
Chief

Downloads: 177

*Wakes up with a start*

huh? ah damn, it must have been a bad dream again... these dreams....
oh well, no use trying to get back to sleep now. What is the damn time? I need a coffee.

*Changes into uniform and walks over to the kitchen, still only half awake*

I hate this place... I hate it! 8 months I've been here... 8 months! I don't even know what this place is or what I'm doing here! Guard this, do that! ha!
Now there's some REAL work to be done with these Englishmen, I can finally show these officers that I'm not just here to guard!
What was that dream I was having anyway?... No, it's gone... like always - but I know it isn't pleasant.
And those woods to the north! Hell! What is in those woods? The noises I hear from there... does anyone else hear them? I don't know... I dare not ask though... "Ha! Gefreiter Tinman is afraid of the woods!" yes, sure... best not to mention the noises...

*Sits down in the kitchen with a hot mug of coffee and lights a cigarette*

I wonder what is in that submarine.. maybe I will try and look around it today, see if I can find clues or whatnot... maybe an encoding machine or...or maps or plans.. is this a scout party for an invasion force? ha! The British are welcome to it!
I shouldn't have returned that rifle to the armory... I think I will need it soon.

*A hand instinctively reaches for the handle of the holstered pistol at his side*

NO! Where is my pistol? I've dropped it somewhere! Someone took it!? HELL!

*frantically starts searching around and retracing his steps for the lost pistol*
Old 06-25-11, 05:34 AM   #104
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

*after a long moment of silence*

Hauptmann...let's not worry about that breach too much.
Maybe later but for now we have more important matters at hand.

*leans back and lits his pipe*

Schütze Tyrant, have you seen our friend Nisgeis? Has he begun his inspection of the submarine yet?
Old 06-25-11, 06:34 AM   #105
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

* L J Slowly awakens, lying back on his bunk begins to go over events in his mind * " I wonder how the old gal is? (HMS Terrific) I hope she is not to spent! If it were not for her last blast of breath and my hard fought attempts, we would all be dead! What thanks do I get? nothing! The higher officers just want to dish out orders and draw up guard duties, perhaps I should have enlisted in the army, a frikin guards regiment!! Still, for the time being orders are orders, a chap ought to look good in front of the men and all that Also that Jerry, water boy, I may have caught his eye, poor sod though, probably wants away from here like us, he is young, serving his country and doing his duty, though somewhat arrogant. God knows how long he has been here, he should be with some young girls enjoying the spoils of war. Well from now on I think it best to just blend in, to try not get noticed, until we all work out some kind of escape plan. As for my morale, I have an idea, I shall speak with our American guest in the morning... * Falls back asleep *