SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-13, 09:49 PM   #1
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default A Marines letter

Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Dear, Senator

Ditto

not even close to being respectful
yubba
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 09:58 PM   #2
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

He is only a Corporal in the Marines and he has been in since 2004 eight years? He should be an NCO by now really even if you take a while you should be an NCO after eight years in the armed forces.Even if he is in the Reserves he should be an NCO after eight years.His military discipline must be very poor.The new cut off limit for a Sargent in the USMC is now 10 years of service earn Staff Sargent or leave this dude has been that long nearly and he is not even a Sargent yet.

Also he should learn to follow the regulations and standards of the Marine Corps one of them is not to make political statements using the fact of being active duty service to put across your point.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 09:59 PM   #3
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Very well said.
Old 01-02-13, 10:03 PM   #4
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
Also he should learn to follow the regulations and standards of the Marine Corps one of them is not to make political statements using the fact of being active duty service to put across your point.
I am not sure about that one, but, this Marine was right. The Senators are supposed to serve us. Soldiers are the people that allow people like you and me sleep at night. We know that when we go to bed that we have people out there every day fighting for our rights. Even if most of America is lazy and on welfare/food stamps.
Old 01-02-13, 10:09 PM   #5
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I am not sure about that one, but, this Marine was right. The Senators are supposed to serve us. Soldiers are the people that allow people like you and me sleep at night. We know that when we go to bed that we have people out there every day fighting for our rights. Even if most of America is lazy and on welfare/food stamps.
I am sure it is against Department of Defense regulations for military members to make political statements publicly he can vote and he can attend a rally in civilian clothes but not in uniform and can not make statements or endorsements publicly.This letter has been made public.Well never mind I missed the "retired" bit more like he got a "thakns for you time but you are not advancing in rank" discharge.So the rules do not apply to him anymore.

I don't expect you to know the UCMJ and DOD regulations UCMJ is Uniform Code of Military Justice a code is a law in the UCMJ.Maybe others missed it but I recall very strong emphasis on political things what we could and could not do when I was in the Air Force and for any military member ignorance of a code(law) is not a defense.

Honestly the guy who wrote this letter sounds like a screw up to me based on his service time and rank it is pathetic.I would have respect for Marine that simply used his name but not his rank or branch of service and also only mailed the letter to the intended recipient.

Also the guy is a moron because in most states when you buy a firearm you are required to register it anyway it has been this way for many years in many states even some of the most lax gun law states require you to register.
Old 01-02-13, 10:19 PM   #6
yubba
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
I believe he said he was a veteran of 8 years, so he might be a discharge Marine like myself ..If he isn't active then you are wasteing your breath
Old 01-02-13, 10:23 PM   #7
Stealhead
Navy Seal

I know I saw that but he is only separated then not retired no 20 or more years and he is not a wounded vet because he surely would have said so.No offense but after 8 years only being a Corporal is not very impressive that is only E-4 most have this rank in two or 3 years and this guy stayed at E-4 for 5 years not a very good Marine.
Old 01-02-13, 10:29 PM   #8
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I think this is more likely a case of Cpl Chain Mail than it is Joshua Boston.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 10:31 PM   #9
yubba
Admiral

That's why we call it the Suck, I did 4 years and was a E-3 I was a very bad Marine but non the less I was a Marine, a good Marine either dies or gets fragged. I knew 30 of the 300 that died in the barracks bombing in Beiruit, if I had been a good little Marine I, might have died there too.
Old 01-02-13, 10:54 PM   #10
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Advancing in rank is highly overrated. Never could picture myself as a chief sitting around drinking coffee all day and not actually getting my hands dirty. E-6 didn't look much better either, I'd rather be back to those Operation Petticoat days with chiefs still in dungarees. I blame Robert S. McNamara, the military was better before it was a bureaucracy. They used to win also.
Old 01-03-13, 12:09 AM   #11
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
There is more of that nonsense flying in emails around here, then you could imagine Oberon. The big bad boogy man is coming to take their guns (only in their imaginations, mind you) so they are wetting themselves over nothing,lol Just strutting their so called macho ego's around, to anyone willing to listen to their fairey tales. Next thing you know, these folks are going to march on Washington DC and set things right. Watch out America, the delusional new Minute Men are coming to the rescue!
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 02:19 AM   #12
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I would never have guessed.
Pretty dumb attempt isn't it.
Do not ask me if I have guns as I own an AR-15 and I will not tell you that
I think cpl Just Bull has a bit of Captain Mainwairing about him

Quote:
Watch out America, the delusional new Minute Men are coming to the rescue!
Unfortunately they might be true words Eddie.
If you recall one of those well publicised "once a marine always a marine" friends of yubba did lots of rants about his second amendment rights and protecting the constitution from evil politicians who are supposed to serve him...just before he alledgedly murdered a big pile of people then topped it all off by killing some woman and children before doing the world a favour and blowing his brains out.
Old 01-03-13, 03:33 AM   #13
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
I would never have guessed.
Pretty dumb attempt isn't it.
Do not ask me if I have guns as I own an AR-15 and I will not tell you that
I think cpl Just Bull has a bit of Captain Mainwairing about him

Unfortunately they might be true words Eddie.
If you recall one of those well publicised "once a marine always a marine" friends of yubba did lots of rants about his second amendment rights and protecting the constitution from evil politicians who are supposed to serve him...just before he alledgedly murdered a big pile of people then topped it all off by killing some woman and children before doing the world a favour and blowing his brains out.
Well no-one said you had to be smart to be a grunt corporal did they?

Does this guy have a problem with the government knowing he owns a car or holds a driving license? What's the difference and why would having to have a gun license and ownership of a weapon registered, be any different to having a drivers license and having your car registered? They are both deadly inanimate objects.
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 04:05 AM   #14
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Rgr that....so much of it about right now I suspect.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 05:34 AM   #15
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Dawgone Europeans tryin' t'take our guns agin

HunterICX