Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-16-22, 02:57 AM   #4516
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
By now too many republicans (should) have unterstood that Trump is a roadblock rather than a stepping stone, and it also has become obvious that there are other republican candidates who can/may/promise to deliver the same things, but are more competent and less dramatic.
I don't think Trump can get anywhere close to DeSantis in the primaries, let alone defeat him. Afterwards Trump might leave the republicans and form his own party, but only a small part of the party will follow him, the majority will be quietly thankful.

The mid-terms have just showed that being Trump-backed is a way to lose elections.

I thought it showed that being Trump-backed means you're subhuman so anything is fair in the fight against you, 25% of the vote counting machines in Maricopa county malfunctioning for instance because Kari Lake is a Nazi?
Old 11-16-22, 07:04 AM   #4517
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Lats night's not-so-new "news" is good news for the Democrats and bad news for democracy.
Old 11-16-22, 07:39 AM   #4518
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
... so I guess we'll find out if he eludes a felony conviction in the meantime.
There are those who believe that this may be the reason why he is running. If Biden's DOJ tries to indict him he can claim any number of things, but mainly that the Dems are trying to interfere in an election.

Oh man I gotta make some more popcorn.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 07:45 AM   #4519
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

One thing is sure-The American politics will from now on and until Nov 2023 be very interesting to follow. Well even after the election it will be interesting to follow-If Trump lose-His supporters are going to...yea you know....

Will it be the end of Rep. ?
Will Trump run solo if he is not elected as their candidate ?

And so on(forgot what I had on my mind)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 08:41 AM   #4520
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
One thing is sure-The American politics will from now on and until Nov 2023 be very interesting to follow.

We are after all what has been called "A Lively Experiment"

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 09:10 AM   #4521
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
There are those who believe that this may be the reason why he is running. If Biden's DOJ tries to indict him he can claim any number of things, but mainly that the Dems are trying to interfere in an election.

Oh man I gotta make some more popcorn.
That may be his hope but his legal problems all have been well established before his announcement.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 11:12 AM   #4522
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
That may be his hope but his legal problems all have been well established before his announcement.
Well that we know. But like I said it won't stop Trump or his followers from making that claim. And I fully expect that the Dems will, while they still are in charge, try other things as well. Such as the 14th Amendment.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-16-22, 11:16 AM   #4523
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Well that we know. But like I said it won't stop Trump or his followers from making that claim. And I fully expect that the Dems will, while they still are in charge, try other things as well. Such as the 14th Amendment.
I had to look it up this 14th Amendment and it made me even more confused.

You have told me that Dem has done everything to get rid of Trump-But the text in this 14th Amendment say something different as I understand it. It says:

Quote:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Markus

Old 11-16-22, 11:26 AM   #4524
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

When you think about all the accusations made that voters believed in. After six years of political dog and pony shows and boondoggles at tax payer expense that resulted in no evidence, no indictments, no convictions, only empty promises, statements and one massive amount of trolling. The only thing left for Blue Anon as evidenced by what some of them here have said. The whole point then and now is to prevent him from running again. And of course if you disagree with that then YOU are the one who gets called un-American anti-democracy, fascists and what not. So much for that thing called voting huh?

Oh but wait I forgot I was told voters don’t believe what politicians tell them anyhow.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-16-22 at 12:14 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 12:22 PM   #4525
u crank

Quote:
I had to look it up this 14th Amendment and it made me even more confused.
This would be the relevant section.

Quote:
Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-16-22, 12:28 PM   #4526
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you.

Another question-To use this 14th Amendment doesn't it require a sentencing ?What I understand Trump haven't got any sentencing yet.

Markus

Old 11-16-22, 12:40 PM   #4527
u crank

Quote:
Thank you.

Another question-To use this 14th Amendment doesn't it require a sentencing ?What I understand Trump haven't got any sentencing yet.

Markus
And of course that is true. He has not been convicted of insurrection or rebellion but that won't stop some of the more deranged Dems in Congress from trying.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-16-22, 12:56 PM   #4528
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
This would be the relevant section.

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

In other words "We don't want any damn Johnny Rebs or anyone else from the former confederate states running for US President unless they we want to make an exception (and that ain't gonna happen)".

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 01:07 PM   #4529
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

To become a President in USA you have to be born and have the American citizenship.

I know that in some States people have voted on animal like dog or cats.

With this in mind and the fact there's no rules about where they are born and whether they have an American citizenships or not

I'm going to let me 11 years old Female cat run for Presidency 2024.
Of course there will be a need of a few Americans to create the government.

Markus

Old 11-16-22, 03:18 PM   #4530
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^
Good idea
But then your cat must have been born in the US (?)
Also what i take from the first sentence is that the first US president at least must have been a native american indian.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote