SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-23, 08:53 PM   #5251
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Hey, look who finally made it to East Palestine, OH. I reckon the toxicity levels must have been low enough for Pete to finally show up for a quick visit and tell everyone there’s nothing to worry about. Drink the water, you’ll be fine.

East Palestine train derailment killed more than 43,000 fish and animals, officials say

Paige Bennett
The Repository

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/11337404002/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-25-23 at 09:02 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 09:23 PM   #5252
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

And made certain to show how Trump era regulation restrictions were laxed based on railroad industry findings that cut their costs. So what?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 09:57 PM   #5253
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Obama, Trump and Biden had every opportunity to consider higher safety standards for our nations railways. But they didn’t and now people lives have been affected and poisoned. Because THREE administrations including the current one didn’t give a ****.

And it took 19 days for a democrat party elite to show their face at the derailment site, 20 days for the President to even publicly acknowledge that it happened. But let me guess you’re still gonna run with the Trump Putin cabal and water tests in Cincinnati?

Old 02-25-23, 11:05 PM   #5254
Buddahaid

Yes, and it was Trump that laxed regulations from the Obama era. It would take an Act of Congress to reinstate the brake regulation. That's the history whether you like it, or not.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...alestine-ohio/

David Bowie
Old 02-26-23, 12:51 AM   #5255
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes, and it was Trump that laxed regulations from the Obama era. It would take an Act of Congress to reinstate the brake regulation. That's the history whether you like it, or not.

The regulations relaxed under the Trump administration had nothing to do with what caused the accident.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 02:03 AM   #5256
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Society is crumbling under the democrat model. My Publix grocery store is now an "ub" because there's no one to fix the sign. Harbor Freight doesn't even have a sign. Taco Bell can't even open their lobby. All these other problems that seem to be making the news more often are the result of us old fellas with at least a certain work ethic being replaced by nobody of any value. That's my take at least. Scary if you think about nuclear power yet.
Old 02-26-23, 03:04 AM   #5257
Buddahaid

There ain't nobody here but us chickens,
There ain't nobody here at all,
So quiet yo'self, and make no fuss,
There ain't nobody here but us.....

David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 02-26-23 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-26-23, 06:54 AM   #5258
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post

One political party blaming the other political party and that means what? Why don’t you go ahead and explain to everyone here exactly how that helps anyone in East Palestine Ohio or communities in the future? This administration has been in office for two years now and like the previous Trump & Obama administrations has done absolutely nothing to better railway safety, they just kicked the can down the road. And when a train did derail spilling toxic materials in a community, ground, atmosphere and water. After 12 days later out pops a ‘fact sheet’ blaming the other party, which is just an admission they knew about it but still did nothing. Then 19 days later after toxicity levels dropped they finally got a visit by the guy responsible for regulating railway safety, and eventually personal public acknowledgement of the accident by his boss on the 20th day.

And who in the hell said it would take an act of congress to reinstate the brake regulations? God I hope nobody is stupid enough to believe that.

Anyone with the slightest clue would know the 1966 Act of Congress establishing the Department of Transportation is quite sufficient authority for Petey to do his job. Department of Transportation Act of 1966. The purpose of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is to promulgate and enforce rail safety regulations, administer railroad assistance programs, conduct research and development in support of improved railroad safety and national rail transportation policy, provide for the rehabilitation of Northeast Corridor rail passenger service, and consolidate government support of rail transportation activities.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-26-23 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-26-23, 08:06 AM   #5259
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Toxic chemicals like phosgene, vinyl chloride and by-products of controlled burns could affect 25 million people.

Ya but what about Trump?

Old 02-26-23, 11:39 AM   #5260
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-bid-rcna71976

With Trump running, nearly all Republican senators say no to a presidential bid.

Elections 2024. Choice is yours.

Old 02-26-23, 11:47 AM   #5261
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-bid-rcna71976

With Trump running, nearly all Republican senators say no to a presidential bid.

Sorry I asked

Old 02-26-23, 12:10 PM   #5262
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

I genuinely feel sorry for my American friends. Imagine having to choose between the clown prince of tweeters and an old guy who falls going up stairs. God help you people.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 12:11 PM   #5263
Skybird
Soaring

Actually, I had no link to your post in mind, just now I realise that it could be seen that way.

No comment on the train issue intended by me, I only was about the story I linked, nothing else.
Old 02-26-23, 12:14 PM   #5264
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

25 days have gone by since the accident and Sleepy Joe finally takes notice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/11348656002/

Quote:

Biden directed employees to get to as many homes as possible by Monday. Officials said the immediate goal was to visit at least 400. The president said he currently has no plans to personally visit Ohio.

Biden's order came as House Republicans opened an investigation into the Feb. 3 derailment, blaming Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg for what they contend was a delayed response to the fiery wreck. The focus on DOT came even though the EPA took charge of the federal response this week and ordered Norfolk Southern railway to pay for the cleanup and chemical release.

Rep. James Comer, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, became the latest lawmaker to jump into what has become a political proxy war as each party lays into the other after the derailment and chemical leak that led to evacuation of the small Ohio community.

Meanwhile, the controversy spread far beyond the little Ohio town. Officials in Texas and Michigan expressed concern about contaminated wastewater and soil being transported to their states for disposal.

"Despite the U.S. Department of Transportation's responsibility to ensure safe and reliable transport in the United States, you ignored the catastrophe for over a week," the Kentucky Republican said in a letter to Buttigieg. "The American people deserve answers as to what caused the derailment, and DOT needs to provide an explanation for its leadership's apathy in the face of this emergency."
Yes I agree we deserve an answer. Kudos to those that will investigate the matter. But then I also believe it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize what happened, and why. What’s more important is what are you doing about? At least three administrations have just kicked the can down the road.

What will change for the better? Will clean-ups be handled correctly and efficiently, Reports have said up to 25 million people could be affected because of the neglect by both parties. Will minimum standards and modern tech be required to help ensure things like this don’t happen again or atleast reduce fallout when they do? Or will you just ramp up the divide with more pointless, brain dead, trivial political team red team blue arguments over who’s to blame?

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-26-23 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-26-23, 12:15 PM   #5265
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I genuinely feel sorry for my American friends. Imagine having to choose between the clown prince of tweeters and an old guy who falls going up stairs. God help you people.

When I see the "alternatives" offered in Germany, I almost envy them.

The whole West seems to suffer from a certain form of Chinafication when it comes to the quality, or lack of quality, of its political personnel.

They are all unelectable. To elect them is to incur guilt. The excuse of the supposed least evil cannot be accepted, they are all far too harmful for that.