Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-22, 02:19 AM   #1
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Mission Editor problem TWOS

I cannot open common.pj in the mission editor after installing twos. it will open with fresh install, but once twos goes on, i get an error window "data reference consistency check failed."

It goes on to say, "Data reference missing in mission layer Basen_TG Platform Class NCOSM for Unit_Coastal Schooner (Motor-Version)#1 was not found in the Roster."

The other campaign projects seem to open with no problem.

Reinstalling doesn't seem to help. Is this normal with TWOS or is it a sign of a failed/corrupted install?
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-22, 02:27 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBatman View Post
I cannot open common.pj in the mission editor after installing twos. it will open with fresh install, but once twos goes on, i get an error window "data reference consistency check failed."
For what it's worth, I get the same error so it might just be normal.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 03:37 PM   #3
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
For what it's worth, I get the same error so it might just be normal.
Thanks. I'm just trying to make sure everything is right. I had an odd problem where a save file went corrupt. I went to earlier known good saves, which loaded. But any new saves from there wouldnt load and cause CTD.

My response was to do a clean install of sh5, then install twos again.

I may or may not be using mission editor to see where the shipping lanes are, but i guess ill have to use the other campaign files. They all seem similar enough to get the gist. I just LARP that i have a friend in Abwehr's naval division!
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 02:54 AM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBatman View Post
Thanks. I'm just trying to make sure everything is right. I had an odd problem where a save file went corrupt. I went to earlier known good saves, which loaded. But any new saves from there wouldnt load and cause CTD.

My response was to do a clean install of sh5, then install twos again.

I may or may not be using mission editor to see where the shipping lanes are, but i guess ill have to use the other campaign files. They all seem similar enough to get the gist. I just LARP that i have a friend in Abwehr's naval division!
Best solution in this case would be to load campaign your current character is in, set starting date to your current date in game and run simulation from there. Won't be 100% accurate because simulation would not take into account convoys that sailed before and results of their interacting with each other but it will be close enough.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote