SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-13, 10:33 AM   #3826
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Thanks Hunter, still a big dl for me, since I don't have any of it installed at the moment, plus I have a lot of dlc from before. Just don't use it as much as other sims, but enjoy it when I do. Need a much bigger HD!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 12:43 PM   #3827
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

@Red

Dead Space is not a particularly demanding game to be honest though for example it only requires 1GB of RAM and guys with 4GB RAM and more have stutters with Misery.

My PC has these specs(fell the power.... not) I have had this same PC since 2008.

Vista 32 bit
Nvdia EVGA GT 440 1GBVRAM(not the original card I went through two 8800GTs one was a refurb)
Q6600 2.40 GHz(quad core so I get a lot of miles out of this)
3GB RAM(but it is a 32bit OS so that is the max anyway)
1680x1050 resolution.
Super awesome fan thingy for melting I mean cooling.

With that Misery was very very stutter laden enough to become very pesky talking a 2~4 second stutter each time.

By comparison I can run a game like Fallout 3 or New Vegas with fairly strong settings and some fairly demanding texture mods and have no real issues.

The most demanding game I own which would be ArmA II I can run that but some settings i must skimp on or suffer a very low FPS.

Of course the thing with Stalker is the X-ray engine which can be very wonky at times.I would suggest loading up the Complete mod for COP see how your PC runs that.I can run that fairly smoothly with some things maxed.If you can run Complete mod with very high settings with no trouble then you might not have much trouble with Misery.

This gets me thinking do you run any GPU control/monitoring programs? Like Rivatuner?
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 04:58 PM   #3828
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
This gets me thinking do you run any GPU control/monitoring programs? Like Rivatuner?
No. I don't...

Vista 32? I feel sorry for you.
Old 10-02-13, 05:50 PM   #3829
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I'm stuck.

This is the only door out of this room and I can't go through it.

Old 10-03-13, 04:58 AM   #3830
VipertheSniper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

If that is where I think it is, you need to kill the Poltergeist(s?), before that door opens again. The first time I came to that point, I loaded a savegame and jammed the door before I had a look at the documents, because I didn't know I could shoot those flying flashes/flames, and that the door would open again.
VipertheSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 05:06 AM   #3831
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Don't know how this happened.

The train was behaving a bit odd when braking, hud speed showed different speed to the speedometer in the cab.
And the train was jerking back and forth when using dynamic brake. When all of a sudden the train came to a sudden stop.
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 05:41 AM   #3832
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

@Lionclaw:

Well done, Well done!

HunterICX
Old 10-03-13, 06:43 AM   #3833
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipertheSniper View Post
If that is where I think it is, you need to kill the Poltergeist(s?), before that door opens again. The first time I came to that point, I loaded a savegame and jammed the door before I had a look at the documents, because I didn't know I could shoot those flying flashes/flames, and that the door would open again.
You can shoot the fire things?

I'll try that out later. I tried everything on that door and the thought never crossed my mind.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-13, 07:17 AM   #3834
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionclaw View Post
When all of a sudden the train came to a sudden stop.
If you're after a job I believe there may be a vacancy for a driver in Spain. Looks like you're just the candidate they'll be looking for to replace their previous driver.
Old 10-03-13, 07:28 AM   #3835
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Well I'm unemployed at the moment, so why not.

I wonder if they accept Train Simulator experience instead of real world experience.
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 07:58 AM   #3836
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionclaw View Post

Well I'm unemployed at the moment, so why not.

I wonder if they accept Train Simulator experience instead of real world experience.
Looking at the last driver they had that is the only experience he had - pfft, corners? Only a game, no need to slow down for these.

*on a more serious note, hope you get some work soon*

Edit - two seconds after I posted this my little email arrived pop-up appeared informing me of an email from JustTrains.
Old 10-03-13, 03:36 PM   #3837
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

HunterICX
Old 10-03-13, 11:24 PM   #3838
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

You guys should have a contest and show us your biggest wrecks!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 12:17 AM   #3839
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I have MS Train Sim laying around somewhere....never did get really "hardcore" into it...but I liked it for a little bit...was kinda fun.
Old 10-04-13, 10:15 AM   #3840
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Vista 32? I feel sorry for you.

Why? Works pretty good for me unlike lots of Windows 7 and 8 users that seem to have lots of trouble running games.

The only real limitation is 3GB of RAM.It depends on the GPU as well if you use a more powerful GPU one of the top line models you wont get full use of it on 32bit system.Beyond that it really does not matter.On the PC I have the RAM happened to be 3GB which is within the limit of 32 bit so in my case I would not get any benefit from a 64 bit OS.

Post 2008 it is much more logical to have 64bit as CPUs and RAM that need that OS became much more affordable prior to that the 8GB or higher RAM was pretty high end and outside the needs of all but the most hardcore PC gamer that had to have the latest tech.

Now a days 8GB 16GB of RAM is much cheaper.Of course still there are only a few games that really require 6GB or more of RAM to even run half way decently for example the latest DCS stuff.

That is one of the reasons I have not upgraded yet.There really are not any games(I have any interest in) out or on the horizon that my current PC cant run well enough for my needs.

If I am going to spend a large chunk of disposable income it is gonna go towards my two Datsun Z cars or a weekend trip with my family.The cars in particular also result in a return on investment as I can sell them for a profit and then buy other cars to mess with and later sell those.I also buy old tractors and fix those up and sell them but those hobbies pay for them selves largely.An old PC I cannot sell for a profit.

Here is a rel train an American train over a mile long ya pansy Europeans and your pansy locomotives.
This train runs over 100 rabbits a day because it dominates.

Last edited by Stealhead; 10-04-13 at 10:43 AM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote