SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-09, 05:09 PM   #961
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0
tmowtw 163

found it many thanks BUT its a jumbled mess can just make out the radio but the buttons are all over the place and when pressed nothing happens when you do pull down the radio it comes out the size of the screen whats wrong ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 05:44 PM   #962
Grizzybear
Watch

Downloads: 18
Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo
I'm not sure what you are asking about the gun crew and careers, but your download looks good to me.

You should have a half dozen or so crew slots for the deck gun in your crew screen, and when you start a career one of the options offered is difficulty--Easy, Normal, Hard (or something like that) and Realistic. Also, when you start a new career don't forget to reset your game options in the 'office' prior to starting your first patrol.
Thanks for the response Banjo But the gun crew is still at two men. I am gonna play around with a few things. Is there a possiblity of doing a fresh install and then adding tmo and rsrdc again. I just took off the old mods I had with the mod enabler and reinstalled the new ones..
Old 02-17-09, 11:58 AM   #963
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Since I don't understand why you don't have the enlarged gun crew if you are using TMO 1.6.3, I would suggest you unload all your mods, reload TMO 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 and then the appropriate RSRD. Make sure it's the correct RSRD. If that doesn't work you probably should unload the entire game and re-install it. Good luck.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 08:28 PM   #964
antares81
Swabbie

Downloads: 24

I am in an early war porpoise sub.
When I go into the hydrophone display, I can't hear anything in the hydrophone and the green light doesn't light up. Is this intended?

The sonarman still automatically picks out targets, but I can't hear them myself.
Edit after testing:
I think it's related to ship type.
The stock ships show up fine, its the ships like "KMSHogislandJPN" that seem to make no sound. This might be better geared in RSRDC forum.

Last edited by antares81; 02-17-09 at 09:14 PM.
antares81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 01:43 AM   #965
thumper
Gunner

Downloads: 394
Default any map updates

I have been sent to the Sea Of OKHOTSK, any japanese covoy routes thru here??
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 10:39 AM   #966
AGOSTINO
Watch

Downloads: 20
Order of installation??

This order of installation is corrected??

Thanks in advance!!
AGOSTINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 08:34 AM   #967
Major SNAFU
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Hi all,

I installed TMO 1.6.3 and then the RSRD for TMOV163 and then the patch for RSRD. I installed according to the suggestion in the readmes for the two patches.

All is working fine except that I I have tried 3 campaign starts two December 1941 and 1 spring 1942, each boat clearly (Narwhal, Gar and Tambor) shows and SD radar, but I cannot activate the radar at sea....

I've tried all of the buttons. I can raise and lower the radar mast, but I cannot activate the set itself.

A second question I have is how do you use the 2nd deckgun on a Narwhal? I can't figure out how to jump between the guns. I looked in the TMO pdf, but I must have missed this information.

Thanks
Major SNAFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 11:15 AM   #968
kilarius
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Please help if possible

First off I loaded and ran the mod with extreme hapiness and pleasure albeit a short lived run of hapiness for only one item.

While this mod is running, whenever I am submerged and go into free camera mode, I no longer see the icon that represents where my sub is within the water. I know that the free look camera was never really an option in the real sub, but it sometimes helps when I am trying to get out from under a few destroyers. I would really love to continue to run this mod because I love the way it is set up, I just really need help figuring out how to re-enable the icon on the water surface. Please help if possible, and thanks again for the most excellent of mods.
kilarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 12:30 PM   #969
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

Kilarius, check this out......http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...highlight=kosh
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 12:42 PM   #970
wildcards
Sailor man

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares81
When I go into the hydrophone display, I can't hear anything in the hydrophone and the green light doesn't light up. Is this intended?

The sonarman still automatically picks out targets, but I can't hear them myself.
Edit after testing:
The stock ships show up fine, its the ships like "KMSHogislandJPN" that seem to make no sound. This might be better geared in RSRDC forum.
Thank god I'm not alone with this problem.

Never took notice of it, but now you point it out I'm 100% sure its the same issue I'm having. No sonar sound or light indicator, even tho the crew can detect them.

I hope this little bug can be fixed any time soon. Its a real pain in the ass for me, I've to learn now to thrust my crew again.
wildcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 04:51 PM   #971
kilarius
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dave

Thank you so very much, gonna try this as soon as I can load the game.
kilarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 08:37 PM   #972
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares81

Edit after testing:
If you will click the button on the interface that has the soundman "report the nearest contact", the hydrophone sound and light will start working. All you have to do is click it on and off and your problem will be solved.
Old 02-27-09, 11:35 AM   #973
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

BUGs report for TM176

These bugs are found on multiplayer game, after destroying player's sub (KIA status).
Game parameters:
  • UBM+TM176,
  • no others mod,
  • 100% real,
  • multplayer (3 subs)
  • original SH4 mission (Tokyo-Saipan convoy)
Introduction - what happend before:

1. Player (80m depth) was highly damaged - almost all rooms were flodded by depth charges.
2. Decide: emergency surface - blow ballast!
3. Player was killed during surfacing on 30m depth (KIA) - at this moment external camera was available.
4. Sub was without control, player was still active in observation mode.

BUG #1
After KIA status, player's sub was unfloodable:
1) Player's surfacing sub (after KIA = sub was totally flodded) still moved to surface...
2) And surfaced.

BUG #2

After surfacing player's sub was unfloodable & indestructible:
1) Player was KIA (sub with no control)
2) Sub was totally flodded
3) Sub was permanently heavy attacked by DDs
4) Sub was rammed by DD

BUG #3
After surfacing player's sub was clashed or bonded (no rammed!) with small merchant:
1) Player was KIA (sub with no control)
2) Sub was rammed by DD few seconds before
3) Sub was migrated inside merchant (!)

BUG #4
Clashed merchant was indestructible:
1) Composition of player's sub and merchant was highly attacked by DD's guns.
2) Few minutes observation: no results on merchant although direct hits from DDs (like speed, smoke, fire etc)
3) For example: DD was highly smoked and fired after ONE friendly hit from other DD.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 07:59 PM   #974
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Something that needs fixing:

1) hitting a Jap midget-submarine with a torp will make the mini-sub jump into planet's orbit

2) Not only that but once it decides to come down from space and without parachute it starts losing oil once under water and never sinks to the bottom. It remains exactly at same depth that it was when it was striked by the torp (5m).

3) Worst! Not 2 without 3! It also gives the interesting ZERO tons on the Capitains LOG

4) With such destruction the midget doesn't even show a small scratch (but this cosmetic thing is not that important than previous points)

Jap midgets seem to have 3 bugs that need fixing...

Last edited by thyro; 03-01-09 at 08:11 PM.
thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 10:43 AM   #975
wildcards
Sailor man

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesplanet
If you will click the button on the interface that has the soundman "report the nearest contact", the hydrophone sound and light will start working. All you have to do is click it on and off and your problem will be solved.
I've tried it, but besides the sound man telling me where the damn thing is, I still don't hear it nor do I see the sound indicator light up.
wildcards is offline   Reply With Quote