SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-09, 05:09 PM   #871
Rowddy
Gunner

Downloads: 202
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the new update on TMO it works like a charm as far as i can tell atm except for 1 thing. If i leave the port for a new mission it struck me that i have in the Technical department set-up (where crew management also is) nothing being mentioned about a flak gun but it is there with a crew. But for a deckgun there are only bow guns availeble now i can have only a deckgun crew for a stern gun (i have/had a stern gun) but wenn i undouck i have a crtew but no gun?? Wenn i choose in the menu for a bow gun and i undock i gave a gun on the dck but i've lost the deckgun crew . What can i do to have a deckgun and a deckgun crew as i always had??

oh and i just noticed 2 more things more i almost forgot:
1. i can't wonder around in the Command station of the ship. I can wonder around in the Cunningtower and on the deck though.

2. i have no outside camera which was activited with the . button i do have the camera outside with the camera button.

The Graphics on ships, harbor etc look awsome betetr then before

Regards Rowddy.
Rowddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 06:08 PM   #872
PoweredBySoy
Watch

Downloads: 0

Hi, friends.

After a year I finally picked up SH IV yesterday. With this series I typically like to wait awhile for all the patches and mods to mature.

So I installed TMO and I'm having an annoying issue with it. It doesn't seem to be saving my realism settings when I go into a campaign. Namely it's not saving Manual Targeting or External Camera. I'll set my Realism settings from the main menu, and if I do a single mission or patrol it will save them. It even lists my realism percentage when the mission starts. But when I create a new campaign it resets to some unwanted default.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? Other than that I love what the TMO mod does.

Oh! And here's a random noob question: the SD radar antenna? Up or down - does it matter? Sometimes I forget to raise it when I surface, and sometimes I forget to lower it when I dive.

Thanks.
PoweredBySoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 06:37 PM   #873
Rowddy
Gunner

change and save your settings in the clock on the left then then stay in the game as you wanted.
Old 01-06-09, 07:57 PM   #874
PoweredBySoy
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowddy
change and save your settings in the clock on the left then then stay in the game as you wanted.
I have no idea what that means. What clock? Do I do this while actually in the campaign, or while I'm still in the main menu?

For now I'm content with the War Patrols, which are pretty fun.
Old 01-06-09, 09:49 PM   #875
PoweredBySoy
Watch

Ah! I found it. That clock..... It's like I'm playing an old point-and-click adventure game from 1994.
Old 01-06-09, 11:03 PM   #876
salac_78
Seaman

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
SH4 is special, first: it runs on my PC, second I have the luck to command a great bunch of guys in subron 14, and I enjoy the exchanges with you guys on subsim.

SH5 and 6 will come sometime, but for me, day by day, give me 4 with TMO, RSRD or RFB or Monsun and Im a happy man.

Carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by salac_78
@cgjimeneza
unfortunatly i have done all that(read few posts up),still no joy(i just love this head banging smiley).I have good deal of experiance with mods(impementation,not creation),and other ,lets call them software changeing programs,and i have prity good picture of how they are working.I think that at 21:30 at dec 8 there is a huge spawn of ships or something like that and that that is causing ,first lock up,and than chrash(my processor is just 2 ghz)-think thats the prob.I will give it a go as soon as i get a new pc,but i suspect that all of us will be more interesanted in newest mod for sh6 than that ancient mods for old sh4:rotfl:.
No arguments here;all sh series are just great,and mods make them perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
dont send SH4 to pasture yet
Never
salac_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-09, 06:12 PM   #877
Rowddy
Gunner

Quote:
Thanks for the new update on TMO it works like a charm as far as i can tell atm except for 1 thing. If i leave the port for a new mission it struck me that i have in the Technical department set-up (where crew management also is) nothing being mentioned about a flak gun but it is there with a crew. But for a deckgun there are only bow guns availeble now i can have only a deckgun crew for a stern gun (i have/had a stern gun) but wenn i undouck i have a crtew but no gun?? Wenn i choose in the menu for a bow gun and i undock i gave a gun on the dck but i've lost the deckgun crew . What can i do to have a deckgun and a deckgun crew as i always had??

1. i can't wonder around in the Command station of the ship. I can wonder around in the Cunningtower and on the deck though.

2. i have no outside camera which was activited with the . button i do have the camera outside with the camera button.

Regards Rowddy.
Hi Decimus,

I solved the Deckgun problem by replacing the 4 series for a 3 series stern mounted and all works again. The "Wondring Eye" thing is something i can't solve myself. as i said before i cannot move around in the Centrale where the diving officers but i can move around in the tower where the radar is and i can move around on the deck freely. However the Centrale is most interesting to make awsome screnies. so how can i solve this.
the last point with camera outside that goes to next target i solved by editting the Cfg files as stated in the PDF which was included.

So a little help would be highly appriciated.

i also found out today that the latest version will not close properly i always get the mesage that "windows could close this programm properly" and then a balck screen which requiers a reboot the game plays and saves normally as i can tell for now.

Rowddy.

Last edited by Rowddy; 01-08-09 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-10-09, 11:27 AM   #878
Senor_Droolcup
Watch

Downloads: 23
Mare Island misplaced

Love TMO! One nag: Mare Island is misplaced. In TMO, it appears just east of San Francisco: this is Yerba Buena Island (aka Treasure Island NS), not Mare Island. The Mare Island shipyard is well to the northeast, in San Pablo Bay opposite Vallejo. The TMO map has space for it and it would be nice to sail down through San Pablo Bay and then out the Golden Gate as did the real submariners. Any chance of a correction in future updates?
Old 01-10-09, 09:55 PM   #879
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Quote:

Regards Rowddy.
Hi Decimus,

I solved the Deckgun problem by replacing the 4 series for a 3 series stern mounted and all works again. The "Wondring Eye" thing is something i can't solve myself. as i said before i cannot move around in the Centrale where the diving officers but i can move around in the tower where the radar is and i can move around on the deck freely. However the Centrale is most interesting to make awsome screnies. so how can i solve this.
the last point with camera outside that goes to next target i solved by editting the Cfg files as stated in the PDF which was included.

So a little help would be highly appriciated.

i also found out today that the latest version will not close properly i always get the mesage that "windows could close this programm properly" and then a balck screen which requiers a reboot the game plays and saves normally as i can tell for now.

Rowddy.
I can't help with the closing problem but "shift F2" will give you the free cam.
Old 01-11-09, 06:52 AM   #880
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default Game not running

one of our new subschool graduates reports game not running after TMO162

he`s running SH4 Gold.

anyone has had a problem?

will try to talk to him by skype to find out if it just freezes, or if its a CTD like we have with TMO+RSRD around the Truk lagoon (anyone else has had this problem, I know of mine and another case, already reported to RSRD thread)

thanks

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 10:01 AM   #881
Rowddy
Gunner

Thanks for the reply Kyle, all the errors happened due to a wrong order of install of certain Mods.

Now it all works but the only thing i cannot seem to get working is the AA Gun. I have the gunner but not the gun and i have no clue how to fix this. It's on all boats wenn you start a new carreer at Pearl.

anyone having this problem also? i have search but cannot find a post about it so i'm not sure it is normal in the latest TMO or is it a bug.
Old 01-11-09, 08:40 PM   #882
E.B. Fluckey
Sailor man

Downloads: 11

I have a couple of potential bugs to report. I'm new to SH4 so I'm not sure if these are TMO bugs or what. Here's what I'm seeing:

Mods:
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_162_Full
RSRD_TMOv162_V372
SCAF1.5 for RSRDCv371

Bugs:
Completed a war patrol starting December 8 and ending February 18 (was running TMO 1.5.2 at the time). Sank 6 (solo) merchants throughout the patrol. Upon entering port 4/6 sinkings were reported to happen on the same day. I think this error contributed to receiving the Medal of Honor

I added SD radar to my sub, handed out promotions and medals and then saved my game and quit for the night. I then upgraded TMO to 1.62 and upgraded RSRDC as well. SCAF is the same as before.

When I loaded my saved game I double checked the SD radar was installed before leaving port and at this point I'm offered an amazing array of upgrades for 1942 including:
  • SJ Radar
  • Mark 27 Cutie, Mark 26, Mark 18, etc (essentially every torpedo model used throughout the war)
  • Decoys
Now, perhaps this isn't a bug and all of this should be available in 1942. However, from what I've read this stuff came much later. Maybe these aren't bugs but the upgrades weren't offered before saving / loading my game. Only the SD radar was offered.

Thoughts?
E.B. Fluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 10:27 AM   #883
Hmuda
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 27

I use the newest TMO with RSRDC.

I noticed that my ship no longer starts at Midway if setting out from Pearl "out of dock".

Is this becasue of RSRDC?
Old 01-12-09, 05:23 PM   #884
DaveyJ576
Officer

Downloads: 20

How do you unzip a .7Z file?

Dave
DaveyJ576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 06:14 PM   #885
lurker_hlb3
Admiral