SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-09, 09:24 AM   #841
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
when you open the message, lower left coner, there is a box labeled CO, "x" there to initialize, thats how it`s done
Fantastic !!

Thank you!

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 01:27 PM   #842
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

I went out on my next mission and up pops the opportunity as we've talked about...

I don't see any place to acknowledge it yes/no.. I went to the radio reports tab and clicked a report because it was the only thing I could see at all to respond back and it just gave me the normal "Yeah yeah, do your job and don't call us again," message.

What am I missing?

Old 01-03-09, 04:09 PM   #843
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532
I went out on my next mission and up pops the opportunity as we've talked about...

I don't see any place to acknowledge it yes/no.. I went to the radio reports tab and clicked a report because it was the only thing I could see at all to respond back and it just gave me the normal "Yeah yeah, do your job and don't call us again," message.

What am I missing?
I though you were getting critical messages not standard messages
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 04:29 PM   #844
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Nope.. just these...

over and over and over and over. They're the exact same messages just updated with new dates/deadlines.

Always like 8-18 days away from where I'm at with a 1-2 day travel time to get to them; so I can never get there to help anyway.

Old 01-03-09, 05:13 PM   #845
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532
Quote:
Nope.. just these...

over and over and over and over. They're the exact same messages just updated with new dates/deadlines.

Always like 8-18 days away from where I'm at with a 1-2 day travel time to get to them; so I can never get there to help anyway.
I have never heard of this repeat message over & over again, messages are broadcast out to all boats because that the way the game engine works.
Old 01-03-09, 10:32 PM   #846
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Ducimus just uploaded version 1.62. Get it while it's hot!
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 10:45 PM   #847
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
The new RSRDC version that supports this will be up in about an hour
Old 01-03-09, 10:50 PM   #848
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
WooHoo!

Old 01-04-09, 07:53 AM   #849
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default thanks!!

Quote:
Quote:
You are the man!

muchas gracias, lookouts below, clear the bridge, dive dive dive!

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-09, 08:31 PM   #850
ElAurens
A-ganger

Downloads: 19

Thanks for the quick update on RSRD.

TMO 1.6.2 really works well as a stand alone as it has W_clear's fine Environmental 5.0 included.

RSRD will be the icing on the cake.

" And the sea shall grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home." Christopher Columbus
ElAurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 12:11 AM   #851
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

What El said. This thing has incredible legs. Forget about the sales just get TMO 1.6.2 and RSRDC.

Thanks Ducimus! You are the man!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 08:45 AM   #852
E.B. Fluckey
Sailor man

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Is there any documentation on what changed in 1.62? Also, are there instructions on how to install 1.62 if I already have the previous version installed and working?

Thanks!
E.B. Fluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 08:53 AM   #853
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B. Fluckey
Quote:
Is there any documentation on what changed in 1.62? Also, are there instructions on how to install 1.62 if I already have the previous version installed and working?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
//changelog 1.6.0

- OOD now only says, "yes sir" only once. Say for example when plotting a course and resuming course. Now only says returning to course while not in any hostile contact. If hostile contact is around, he will only respond with "yes sir" when plotting a course.

- Crewman serving as firing key operator in the conning tower during general quarters is no longer a mime pretending to be at a table. IE, no longer holds his hands out in front of him holding onto a non existant object.

- Steersman in conning tower is no longer reaching up to grab a non existant telegraph.

- Crewman at Xmas tree now goes through the animated motions of opening valves during diving operations. (unfortunatly the valve levers themselves dont actually move)

- Crewman at xmas tree will now occasionally let out a "yeah!!!" when a torpedo hits its target.

- Diving officer now says, "dive planes set to steep dive" when using the deep dive command to go below 450 feet.

- Diving officer now says, "rudder, 0 degrees" when setting rudder to amidships instead of "rudder, rudder"

- Watch officer now says "yes sir" only once when going to battle stations instead of 5 or 6 times.

- Improved/revamped/ deck gun crew.

- reduced submarine proppeller TGA file in size from 1024 * 1024, to 512*512.... (talk about unneccessary bloating)

- Improved splash effects on conning towers while diving.

- lowered AC value on player subs a bit more. Previous value 15, new value 12. (i thought i had already done this. *shrug*)

-re evaluate torpedo textures. Used a modified stock graphics to make torpedo types more distinct and easily recognizeable. What you see in inventory, is what comes out of the tubes. Also Improved torpedo descriptions in localization file.

-re evaluate salmon/sargo torpedo loadouts. I decided to leave them as/is. Reason is there's so many conflicting sources, im not sure what to model the loadout after, and the existing loadout could very easily serve as an abstraction of a historical one. I did however, change what torpedo's come with each boat by default based on increasing usage of MK18 torpedos from 1944 to wars end.

-Completely revamped US and GE torpedo sim files. Requires testing.

- adjusted torpedo renown values.

- increased exposure ratings for Deck and AA gun crew members. AA and deck guns being hit by enemy fire should now be fatal to the crewman at those stations.

- added death animation to deckgun crewman on the main deck.

- In order to prevent user error, I've limited deck gun options to either bow (default) OR stern (optional mod) only. It is no longer possible to be able to select both at the same time.

- campaign -> task forces -> increase spacing by another 100 meters in an effort to reduce or remove formation fishtailing.

- Campaign->merchant/convoys-> increase random waypoint radius. Traffic should no longer be as predictable as it once was. (This represents nearly 1 full day of work. This, combined with all the honing ive done on the default campaign, i have to say, I hope i never touch another campaign file again for as long as i live. )

- increased clipsize of jap 25MM AA gun from 15 to 50 in order so that it may lay down sustained fire.

- Bow splash wave sound can now be heard in rough seas.

// 1.6.1 changelog
- revamped torpedo errors.
- added selected parts of W_clears EE 5.0

//1.6.2 changelog

- greatly reduced respawn chances on ASW patrols (they were reproducing like rabbits)

- altered torpedo dud rates on 20 to 45 degree angle

- changed availablity date for Tench conning tower incase the game stupidly decides to give the boat out early. (this way it has a conning tower if you get it early, otherwise it wont)

- adapted EE5 enviormental dats and sky colors. After much experimentation, all these files seem to be the best combination.

- adapted EE5 shaders for lightshafts and seafoam.

- added splinter explosion sound from EE5

- fixed repeated message on rudder amidships command. Now is only said once, not twice.

- Phillpines patrols should no longer be issued until the asiatic fleet has left the P.I. and moved to Surabaya

- fixed sonarman vocalization feedback for player issued commands.

- reduced player watchcrew's ability to spot targets in fog to less radarlike levels.

- First three sea man ranks are again rewarded automatically while on patrol if experience requirements are met. Petty Officer and above remain in port promotions only.

- fixed erronous entry in minkaze eqp file.

- updated 1st sea trial to better reflect current gameplay.

- lowered premature detonation changes on torpedos.

- altered musuem camera to allow free movment

- added updated files for NDE_MOMI by Lurker for RSRD compatiblity.
TMO 1.62 is a standalone mod. Disable the previous TMO with JSGME and delete it if you wish. Simply enable TMO 1.62 with JSGME.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 09:13 AM   #854
E.B. Fluckey
Sailor man

Downloads: 11

Thanks, where (what post) is this change log you quote?
E.B. Fluckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 09:15 AM   #855
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

I believe it is from Ducimus's FF site, a PDF available for download.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote