SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-10, 10:53 AM   #2311
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Yes...I remember a post by Ducimuse stating this.
BillBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 02:10 PM   #2312
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281

Here's what Ducimus had to say about it:

Quote:
Just FYI, TMO's use of Hogan's alley differs from RFB's implentation of it. In TMO it's more of a place to stash personnel you don't need all the time so they don't get killed, like gun crews, or the damage control team if you don't like looking at them everytime you call GQ. Also the alley in TMO has no bearing or relevance to the watch crew. Which is a point of confusion if im not mistaken.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...13&postcount=5
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 06:16 AM   #2313
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default TMO 2.0

anyone? is there any news on the final release of TMO 2.0. If my memory is correct, Ducimus was testing it. If you know the asnwer, please give me a update. Thanks in advance. Messed up my TMO 1.9 and was thinking: reinstall or just wait for TMO 2.0 release. kind regards, Aniuk.
Old 05-11-10, 08:03 AM   #2314
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3
I would reinstall 1.9 and not sweat it.
If memory serves Ducimus is preoccupied with other IRL jazz but even when he gets back to finishing 2.0 he mentioned doing more documentation, which is least enjoyable.
Give him time.
Old 05-11-10, 11:35 AM   #2315
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve View Post
I would reinstall 1.9 and not sweat it.
If memory serves Ducimus is preoccupied with other IRL jazz but even when he gets back to finishing 2.0 he mentioned doing more documentation, which is least enjoyable.
Give him time.
Sure! All the time he wants or needs. Just wondered if I had missed a update. Be happy to reinstall. Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-20-10, 02:28 PM   #2316
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
new computer

loaded TMO1.9 and RSRDC. I have not played awhile since Ducimus finished off my old motherboard with a well placed depth charge from one of his merciless subs.

Two questions. I have a laptop with a regular keyboard. I do not have a gaming keyboard. How to I man the deck gun which is blocked by the ship's dials? ./del is not a key on my keyboard. Do I use two separte keys?

Also, what is the shortcut key for heading to periscope view and vice versa. I forgot.

Actually, I asked four questions.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 03:11 PM   #2317
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Your laptop should have a means to press Del key, possibly by means of a function key in another colour.

= is head to view. View to heading is... not defined as far as I know.
Old 05-20-10, 03:18 PM   #2318
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

View to heading is "-", not the one on the numpad.

(At least on mine.)
Old 05-20-10, 03:59 PM   #2319
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default nisgeis

Thanks, Captain Nisgeis.

A few more quesions.

When setting the aspect ratio, do I line up the keel of the shadow target with the flag, the mast or the deck? I have overlayed TMO with RSRDC, so their is no highlighting of those points on the enemy ship drawings viewed during the game. As I recall, merchants and warships had different demarcation points for aspect ration determination in TMO, but I could not find a discussion of them in the literature supplied with the mod (i.e. the readme.)

I forgot how difficult this game is. I missed 6 easy shots on a freighter because I could not get an accurate aspect ratio. I fianllly sank it iwth my deck gun. Also, my custom Gto is not operational even though I selectd a Gato for my boat. I think this occurred because Gatos were not available in early 1942 and Ducimus wrote them out of the game script.

My first mission was a disaster. I forgot to uncheck "no map contacts" at the start of the campaign and forgot to unckeclk "no camera" views. I finally spotted two junks, but they were so far away, I lost them. Then I ran into airplaines and could not man the anti aircraft gun to command the crews to engage on them. Fianlly, I had fuel problems, and limped into Midway on battery power. Further, I modded in a Midway start. That apparently wiped out the various mission start dates input by RSRDC, and left me with start dates of 1941,'42. '43 etc. I wonder if the Midway start mod overrides RSRDC or if the RSRDC mod is still acitve? I disoabled the Midway start mod just in case.

I spent all day yesterday getting familiar with Vista, but I have a ways to go to get back to the semblence of competence that the caption of the USS Barbarrina used to have. I need a shore leave already!
Old 05-21-10, 04:01 AM   #2320
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

@Nisgeis, If I am correct he needs the numpad-Del not the Delete.

@IGD You could remap to another key if one is available, or you could go into the towers.upc file and change "IDLinkCrewMember= NULL" and in place of NULL put a rank or NR if TMO allows that. Then they would be manned all the time.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 04:16 AM   #2321
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
@Nisgeis, If I am correct he needs the numpad-Del not the Delete.

@IGD You could remap to another key if one is available, or you could go into the towers.upc file and change "IDLinkCrewMember= NULL" and in place of NULL put a rank or NR if TMO allows that. Then they would be manned all the time.

Peabody
I think I need Ducimus to give me instructions, as I not familiar with what you are suggesting, and I do not want to screw up the game, as I finally got it to work on Vista.
Old 05-22-10, 01:49 AM   #2322
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default i forgot where to set aspect ratio

I have been out of action for quite some time. I resumed playing and noticed the Recognition Manual does not indicate where to line up the shadow ship with the target for establishing range. I think merchants have difffenent points of contact than warships. And carriers are different still.

Could someone let me know what the contact points are for merchants, carriers and sarships other than carriers.

Thank you.
Old 05-22-10, 08:28 AM   #2323
BillBam
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I have been out of action for quite some time. I resumed playing and noticed the Recognition Manual does not indicate where to line up the shadow ship with the target for establishing range. I think merchants have difffenent points of contact than warships. And carriers are different still.

Could someone let me know what the contact points are for merchants, carriers and sarships other than carriers.

Thank you.
I installed SCAF for TMO and that added the red line to the spot you need to line up with.
Old 05-22-10, 10:14 AM   #2324
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default that leads to a fiurther question

I have enabled TMO1.9 and RSRDC v502. Their is a SCAF mod for each. Do I enable one or both of the SCAF mods? I will try the SCAF mod for TMO1.9 and see what happens re the red dot appearing.
Old 05-22-10, 12:33 PM   #2325
BillBam
Watch Officer

Just SCAF for TMO