SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-23, 10:41 AM   #4126
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Anyone who love cats and animals and not to forget sailing isn't a bad guy.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-23, 11:20 AM   #4127
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Old 08-19-23, 12:23 PM   #4128
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

^ and bald - don't forget bald
Old 08-19-23, 01:36 PM   #4129
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

They both look like Evil Villains from a James Bond Movie.
Old 08-19-23, 02:16 PM   #4130
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
^ and bald - don't forget bald
VEE HAF VEYS UFF CUBBERING DAT UPP ...Or so four Polish 'Mata Hari's' thought at 4th & Mission in the SF Tenderloin
then one found out and did me in!!??....with my own Berretta 92DAO!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-19-23 at 10:51 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-23, 02:19 PM   #4131
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

That picture just proves my Evil Villian theory!
Old 08-19-23, 06:38 PM   #4132
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Getting ready to watch the Packers

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-23, 07:10 AM   #4133
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

My light-sleeper wife awakened me up st 4:15, even as I was having a miserable night in my CPAP mask anyway, to report a PM from our Enphase solar service company advising us that an automobile accident out on the main ingress-blvd. a block over, had caused a utility power failure; and we are now operating on our standby Chinese-made battery which is down to 56%...I can operate devices; but need to conserve the battery...how like a U-boat! Example: I'm posting this on my battery-charged Verizon tablet rather than my mancave's computer. Power from worthless, criminally negligent PG&E is expected to be restored by 06:45...(the Krupp coffee-maker uses a lotta energy) and I can resume selling them excess solar-produced Kws (reducing my electric bill to approx. $30 a month ) and recharging the battery!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-22-23, 07:49 AM   #4134
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

UPDATE: An Enphase PM just informed me: 'my system is back on the grid'..."U may fire up the Krupp when ready...Gridley" and I'll now toast a crumpet to boot, and read about the missing Chinese submarine in the Taiwan Strait; and have a great Tuesday after all!

Old 08-22-23, 01:23 PM   #4135
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Funnily enough that is what I ate for breakfast this morning....two toasted crumpets with a slice of cheese on the top of each one.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-23, 02:00 PM   #4136
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Repaired the Citroen today with a bit of maintenance, I am literally crawling on all fours now
"Made in Trance"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-23, 04:59 AM   #4137
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Will soon be off with the boy to look at a house he fancies closer to his place of work to ease his travel burden periodically.

The area is rural apparently (don't remember the name) so hopefully it'll be nice and his mom and I will get to spend a few days in it from time to time when he's staying at his original house.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-23, 01:58 PM   #4138
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Today was yearly Summer's Relief Day.

Its the third summer in a row that my squirrels of the the first hour (three brothers born in winter/early spring 2020) with whom I began squirrel business in spring 2020, for absolutely unknown reasons disappeared in mid-July, and at some time near end of August one by one come back and report back for nutjob.

Its weired, really, i have no clue what they are doing in these 5-6 weeks and where they go, but they are not around, do not show up. Also, its only the three nutketeers from spring 2020 behaving like this, foreign squirrels and wanderers who just transit through, are not shy to come over my nuts supply.

Today's video control shows me that both Taro and Kira were visiting, and drank from the waterbowl in the tree, and got a nut or two. I havent seen them since mid-July. I am relieved, and thankful. Its strange to note that I formed a social bond to them, somehow. These two, probably brothers, are very dear and special to me, with them and a third guy named Sari, it started. Sari is a rare guest throughout the year anyway, and he wasnt around since Eastern. I hope he is not dead and will coem back. This year was the first time also that Kira and Taro accepted nuts from my hand. Very, very rare. Or one of them hangs head-down beside me in the tree when I fill the nut boxes, half a meter away, and letting me know his squirrel stories. They are cautious, but no longer in total alarm and stress mode when close to me. Different to grey squirreels, they stay alone, form no social relations most of the time , and do not live in families and groups, so yzu see why I take it so precvious that they tolerate me now. I never lured them - they decided it all by themseleves.

They are four years old now. Red European squirrels can, if taken good care of (food, medication), reach an age of 10, very rarely 11 and 12 years (American grey squirrels for example up to 28-30 - think of that next time you think you must shoot at them all for nothing). The European Reds in Germany to 75-80% do not make it to their first birthday. In the wild, not even every tenth animals gets 3 years old, not even one in a hundred reaches 5 years. You understand why I am so happy that Kira and Taro are still here, and came back today after weeks of absence. I will do my share of help to assist them over thwe inter: always fresh or unfrozen water, and more than enough nuts.

If only I knew what they are doing every summer. They are males. Probably flying to Tenerife, partying and drinking themselves into coma. Nut liqueur, what else.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-24-23 at 02:06 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 11:36 AM   #4139
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

10 years is indeed a long life for a wild animal when many domestic cats can only hope to make it to 14 or so
Old 08-29-23, 07:29 PM   #4140
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Getting ready to watch Ahsoka <------------ bit of a SW geek

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote