SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-20, 10:53 AM   #211
Viktoria
Watch

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Perfect Fifi well done, I have never come across the mines thing that's why I didn't want to touch it bc I thought you could handle it better however I've not come across the switched T1 thing....idk tbh.

Is it working now tho?

Keep me updated

Also if you have discord maybe add me there so we don't spam the forum here with our de facto private conversation
Viktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 11:07 AM   #212
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
Perfect Fifi well done, I have never come across the mines thing that's why I didn't want to touch it bc I thought you could handle it better however I've not come across the switched T1 thing....idk tbh.

Is it working now tho?

Keep me updated

Also if you have discord maybe add me there so we don't spam the forum here with our de facto private conversation
Yes it’s working now
SMA mines are ONLY to be used with the VIID rear tubes (otherwise with other types it will CTD like Lurker said)
And in reality, that was VIID who was used as mines layer.

I don’t have discord...anyway my English speaking is awful, i much better like the writing
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-20, 03:36 PM   #213
magerrer
Nub

Downloads: 7

Bonsoir! In the IX-C/40 there is a graphical glitch involving the flange circled in the photo. It does wobble a lot

Also, I do wonder: It never rains in my campaign. Played from Sept till April and I have never gotten any rain. Is this intentional? I did change the main cfg as you did recommend.

Also, airplanes get detected very late by the crew, even in clear weather. When I get out of timewarp the British bombers are just maybe 20-30 seconds away from dropping their bombs. It is a challenge but not so sure how realistic it is.

Enough nagging! Thanks for V5!
magerrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 02:42 AM   #214
Fifi
Navy Seal

Hi magerrer,

Yes, if i recall well, this graphical glitch exists from day one of SH4 U-Boat mission add-on. I suspect Ubisoft made it intentional...
I never looked into it to try to fix it, because it never bothered me in fact.

You are right, rain is not falling often, but it still happens sometimes…
Weather is a complex mechanism in all silent hunters, not really predictable and adjustable by modders.
Furthermore SH4 was created for Pacific theater, and as you know, the quieter seas over there are in January/February … and we get it too in Atlantic theater! (Should be the inverse here)… nothing can be done to counter this of what I know. And we can’t import SH3 weather in SH4!
The fact remains the more you TC (time compression) the less the weather will change, and the game inside clock will go offset … best is to play from 1 to x1024.

About planes, keep in mind AI doesn’t see clouds! Clouds are not a handicap in game unfortunately (except for storms where planes can’t fly)
Also, the more you run high TC, the less the game will react instantly! That is a handicap for player...
It remains with high waves planes will not see you like with flat sea. So flat sea + plane around is very dangerous...even periscope depth with periscope raised! They can see a periscope trail now in V5....if the sea is flat enough.
What i do is keep a man on the AA gun until last moment of crash dive, to cover me. And best is to hit C as soon as a plane is detected. As in real, each second is vital...
Old 02-07-20, 03:22 AM   #215
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Hi magerrer,

Yes, if i recall well, this graphical glitch exists from day one of SH4 U-Boat mission add-on. I suspect Ubisoft made it intentional...
I never looked into it to try to fix it, because it never bothered me in fact.
OK, next version will be without this visual glitch in type IX (in fact i confirm it was intentional because of the notset nodes inside the part)
Very easy to fix
Old 02-07-20, 11:17 AM   #216
Viktoria
Watch

I found the snorkel doesnt resupply the ships air and only allows the diesel ngines to be used, so even with snorkel you have to surface... is that intentional or a bug?
Old 02-07-20, 01:21 PM   #217
Fifi
Navy Seal

It’s a known SH bug, nothing can be done to solve it.
You have to surface to get 100% air. It takes 3 seconds, nothing big.
Old 02-07-20, 07:39 PM   #218
Viktoria
Watch

Aw well kinda ruins the immersion bc it worked in SH3 but well if it can't be changed then I'll have to live with it I guess..

What are the next big plans for the mod?
Old 02-07-20, 10:00 PM   #219
Autopilotman
Swabbie

Downloads: 258

Whenever I try to start a campaign with the 30th flotilla; it crashes immediately, also using F8 to bring up the mission orders hasn't worked since V4.
Autopilotman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 04:49 AM   #220
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilotman View Post
Whenever I try to start a campaign with the 30th flotilla; it crashes immediately, also using F8 to bring up the mission orders hasn't worked since V4.
You are right there is a problem with the 30th flotilla
We are going to look into it to fix it.
Thanks for reporting.

As for the F8, I’ve never used this key...i always hit M and then open the order tab.
Old 02-09-20, 04:42 AM   #221
Fifi
Navy Seal

Next version will have planes visibility revised, so they can’t see a periscope from far away
Old 02-09-20, 12:47 PM   #222
Viktoria
Watch

I#ve also noted that even when the snorkel just became available the planes do still find and bomb me, although they should only be able to do that at the end of 44-45 afaik....

(im really hyped for the next update for the mod btw <3 )
Old 02-09-20, 09:43 PM   #223
astexe
Nub

Downloads: 195

This RAOBF is really small and without a Wedge which use in 1.5X,and very hard to read when i want to use the number of 22-24 in the outside circle because a handle right on it. In fact i prefer the old RAOBF because it has a good view and no obstacle on it
astexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 10:04 PM   #224
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

astexe! after a nine year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 10:31 PM   #225
astexe
Nub

Downloads: 195

I really cant read 22-25 accurate
astexe is offline   Reply With Quote