SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-10, 01:06 PM   #211
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154
Uploads: 0

Dude this mod of yours is getting better and better can't wait till I can download that light switch.

Hihaaaaaaaaaaaa
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 01:35 PM   #212
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Oh yes, that night light switch... tempting, tempting.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 11:15 AM   #213
DonaldFaQ
Nub

Downloads: 38

I found this mod and i must say....... excellent.

But i have a small Problem there i needs help. I'll play the solo campaign and cannot play correctly , because the Player Guidance Icons are removed.

I know that can turn on in the Page Default Hud.ini but i don't find the right Line for the correctur. Can anyone help me , please ?
DonaldFaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 11:27 AM   #214
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldFaQ View Post
I found this mod and i must say....... excellent.

But i have a small Problem there i needs help. I'll play the solo campaign and cannot play correctly , because the Player Guidance Icons are removed.

I know that can turn on in the Page Default Hud.ini but i don't find the right Line for the correctur. Can anyone help me , please ?
I ythink you can also just check your captain's log regularly to see the new tasks you are assigned. You'll only need to do it in your first mission (training).
Old 09-06-10, 12:51 PM   #215
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Great mod R7 but what hurts it a little for me is the upscaling of everything.
I run the game at 1920x1200 and it would be great if everything was sharper.
I know that no one expects you to do this especially myself but I would attempt it if possible.
How hard would it be to do?
Old 09-06-10, 01:42 PM   #216
DonaldFaQ
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
I ythink you can also just check your captain's log regularly to see the new tasks you are assigned. You'll only need to do it in your first mission (training).
I have no captain's Log on my first missions. The Torpedo firing list is to high, too. But only by the campaign ??? in single missions it works perfectly.
Old 09-06-10, 02:06 PM   #217
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
I have no captain's Log on my first missions. The Torpedo firing list is to high, too. But only by the campaign ??? in single missions it works perfectly.
The UI is only messed up like that in the very first mission (sinking 3 Polish vessels). Later it should be "normal". I'd suggest doing the first mission as fast as possible with vanilla game to get through it, and then installing the mod and finally fully enjoying it. The first mission won't give you any immersion after all, with many UI/game features disabled (and no watch crew when surfaced, as example).
Old 09-06-10, 02:29 PM   #218
DonaldFaQ
Nub

THX, I have completet the first Mission with Vanilla UI and now this UI works great. Thank u for help
Old 09-06-10, 02:43 PM   #219
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barso View Post
Great mod R7 but what hurts it a little for me is the upscaling of everything.
I run the game at 1920x1200 and it would be great if everything was sharper.
I know that no one expects you to do this especially myself but I would attempt it if possible.
How hard would it be to do?
I originally had the UI done that way, but then it was only useable for people playing in 1080P mode. V1.0 is done that way - you could use that but there are bugs not fixed in that version that are fixed in version 2.0

I will be sticking with this format from here on out, as it is useable by everyone.

Quote:
THX, I have completet the first Mission with Vanilla UI and now this UI works great. Thank u for help
Yes its best to play with stock UI if you have to play the Training mission.
But you can pass it using this UI, but it is made difficult due to the game removing neded features.
I generally face straight at the target and just fire a torpedo using The TorpedoMan Fire torp command. Or use deckguns to sink them (Works also ).
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 02:59 PM   #220
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

For anyone who tried my markings file and found it to work, there is an improved version--easier to read.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1vae19b2mjkjbxn

Above deleted--latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?77fyghcppcccqe6

Last edited by nodlew; 09-11-10 at 07:31 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 03:17 PM   #221
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
For anyone who tried my markings file and found it to work, there is an improved version--easier to read.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1vae19b2mjkjbxn
Thanks, Nodlew.

I can add to the Addons Post (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...56&postcount=2) of this UI if you wish for all to find.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 03:27 PM   #222
Barso
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

No bother R7,
No harm in asking but looking at your other mods, perfectly understandable.
Thanks.
Old 09-06-10, 03:32 PM   #223
nodlew
Engineer

Hey Reaper. Sure thing. I need to incorporate a disclaimer text in it to explain why it may not work for some people. I know when I first tried to use the RAOBF I was completely in the dark about all the i's that need to be dotted for the damn thing to work. And I'm thinking of including a brief run through on how to use it since a lot of people are obviously still in the dark. But that will take a little time. In the mean-time you are free to include this as an add-on. It works for me, although I think I was getting bad range on a Cimmaron tanker a few missions back. Could have been an error on my part. Just recently I wasted four torpedoes on a merchant because I got port and starboard mixed up. Another great way to waste torpedoes is to forget to turn the TDC back on after you've input all the data from the RAOBF. Done that a couple times. This emoticon aptly portrays my frustration upon realizing I've done something along those lines.

Question: I would like to make a small change in the mod so I can get Latitude and Longitude coordinates back on the Nav map, but try as I might, I can't figure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Can't wait for the night light button. My night light doesn't come on until it's been dark as crap for six hours. The filters help.

edit--Speaking of which, can you tell me what to do to make my markings file light up when the RedLight is active? As it is, mine seems to do it about 50% of the time.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-06-10 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-06-10, 10:22 PM   #224
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Having a little trouble with manual TDC using this interface. Namely is the recognition manual used at all in the process? I noticed in the commands.cfg file the hotkey is disabled and I can't find a button for it anywhere in the game so far. How do I identify the target or select the tick from the rec manual? Don't I need to do this to get range using the stadimeter? I tried reenabling the hotkey N by removing the ';' in front of it, but then I can only scroll through American warships, and it seemed to mess up some of the other commands like "nearest visual contact' from the watch officer. Did I miss something here?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 12:39 AM   #225
nodlew
Engineer

Quote:
How do I identify the target or select the tick from the rec manual
Since I'm probably the only one on the East Coast still awake to answer this question, I'll field it.

Supposed, the Recognition Manual is hidden off of the left side of the screen. There is a little triangular tab sticking out, or should be. If not, then re-download and install the mod. You can click on the tab and drag the Recog Manual into view. You open the manual by clicking on the cover.To identify a ship, either use the glowing green button to the bottom right of the scope, or hit the space bar while the target ship is in the scope cross-hairs. You should hear the XO shout "Tracking New Target!" or something to that effect. I find that with this mod I have to use the button, or space bar several times before it "takes". If the ship information refuses to come up in the manual, then the ship is probably out of recognition range because of fog, rain, or darkness (you do have to scroll through the various ships and select the correct one, unless you want to have the Torpedo Man, or the Watch Officer ID the target for you). The RAOBF is especially helpful in such situations because if you know the details of the ship off-hand (length, mast height) you can get a target solution without reference to the manual at all. Everything else should be pretty intuitive.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-07-10 at 12:52 AM.