SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-22, 12:11 PM   #331
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Red Bull's Max Verstappen broke the record for wins in a season with a comfortable and controlled victory in the Mexico City Grand Prix.

The world champion held off a challenge from Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes in the first part of the race before pulling away to take his 14th win of the year.

It moves the Dutchman clear of Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel, who won 13 races in 2004 and 2013.

Red Bull's Sergio Perez took third ahead of Mercedes' George Russell.

Mercedes had hopes of winning the race after qualifying close behind Verstappen in second and third places.

But, on divergent tyre strategies, early promise faded after the pit stops and Verstappen moved into a race of his own, leaving Hamilton to fend off Perez for runners-up spot.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-22, 12:16 PM   #332
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-03-22, 12:22 PM   #333
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Ticket sales for Las Vegas 2023 are open. $500.00 for standing and $2500.00 for grandstand seating. Forget it.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 01:07 PM   #334
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Get me a couple for the grandstand seating

Old 11-14-22, 07:37 AM   #335
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

George Russell took a maiden grand prix victory - and a first for Mercedes in 2022 - as Max Verstappen was penalised for a collision with Lewis Hamilton in Sao Paulo.

Russell was in control of the race throughout after Verstappen and Hamilton came together as they disputed second place in the early stages at a safety car restart.

Hamilton dropped to ninth place after the collision with his 2021 title rival but came back to secure a Mercedes one-two and seal the team's recovery after a difficult season that the eight-time champions started with an uncompetitive car.

Russell's accomplished drive included him surviving a late safety car that bunched up the field and put Hamilton right behind him heading into the final 10 laps.

The Mercedes drivers were told that they were allowed to race but Russell held the lead at the restart and kept Hamilton at bay until the end.

Behind them, the final 10 laps were a frantic fight as a number of drivers who had had difficult races revived their afternoons.

Among them were Ferrari's Charles Leclerc - who had been barged off the track by McLaren's Lando Norris at Turn Five shortly after the Verstappen-Hamilton incident and dropped to the back - and Verstappen himself.

Leclerc was sixth at the restart but moved up to finish fourth behind his Ferrari team-mate Carlos Sainz, as both passed the fading Red Bull of Sergio Perez.

Alpine's Fernando Alonso also overtook the Mexican to take a strong fifth place after starting 18th.

The late caution period also helped Verstappen move up from the bottom of the top 10 to sixth place, just failing to pass Alonso on a race to the line.

Verstappen had been allowed to pass Perez a few laps earlier to chase Alonso, but was told heading into the final lap that he should let his team-mate back ahead if he did not pass Alonso by the final corner. But he did not comply.

Asked what happened, Verstappen said: "I told you already last time, you guys don't ask that again to me, OK? Are we clear about that? I gave my reasons and I stand by it."

Perez said over his radio: "It shows who he really is."

Old 11-14-22, 08:08 AM   #336
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-20-22, 01:53 PM   #337
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Red Bull's Max Verstappen won the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi as Ferrari's Charles Leclerc beat the Dutchman's team-mate Sergio Perez to secure second in the championship.

Leclerc, who was Verstappen's title rival earlier this year before Ferrari's season imploded in a flood of errors and reliability failures, held off Perez on divergent strategies to take second place.

Sebastian Vettel's final race ended in disappointment, the four-time champion bemoaning what he felt was a poor strategy from Aston Martin.

Vettel took the final point for 10th place after Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes retired from fourth place with three laps to go.

Hamilton's result means he has finished a season without a win for the first time in his career - ending a record only he held.

Verstappen's win was his 15th of 2022, extending the new record he has set this year for wins in a single season.

Old 11-20-22, 01:59 PM   #338
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-06-23, 01:10 PM   #339
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Red Bull's Max Verstappen started the new season as he ended the last, with a dominant victory in the Middle East.

The two-time champion led the Bahrain Grand Prix almost from start to finish, initially lapping at a pace beyond his rivals and then controlling the race.

The drive, Verstappen's 36th victory, underlined his status as favourite for a third consecutive world title.

Sergio Perez made it a Red Bull one-two ahead of an inspired drive by Aston Martin's Fernando Alonso in third.

"It was very, very good first stint where I made my gap," said Verstappen. "From there, it was all about looking after tyres. You never know what's going to happen later on the race. We just wanted to make sure we have the right tyres and in good condition as well.

"We have a good race package. We can definitely fight with this car and also big thank you to the team, over the winter, to get us a quick race car again."

Perez had won a fight with Charles Leclerc over second place before the Ferrari driver retired from third with 16 laps to go when he lost drive.

But the big excitement in the race was created by Alonso, who dropped from fifth on the grid to seventh behind the two Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and George Russell on the opening lap, but fought back to take the final podium place.

Alonso passed Russell before the first pit stops, then caught and passed Hamilton after their second stops, before closing on Sainz.

The moves on Hamilton and Sainz were of the highest quality.

Alonso and Hamilton battled for a couple of laps, with the Spaniard passing the Briton into Turn Four before a snap from the rear allowed the Mercedes back past.

Then Alonso came back at Hamilton and overtook down the inside of Turn 10, an extremely rare place for a move.

With Sainz, the two touched as Alonso tried to pass out of Turn Four. Sainz was then wise to the same move at Turn 10, but Alonso got better drive down the following straight and passed into the fast Turn 11.

"To finish on the podium first race of the year is just amazing," said Alonso. "What Aston Martin did over the winter, to have the second best car on race one, is just unreal.

"We had not the best start and had to pass on track - it made it more exciting but we enjoyed it."

Alonso's pass left Sainz holding off Hamilton for fourth. The seven-time champion initially looked as if he might also pass the Ferrari, but he was unable to close in, as both suffered with tyres and had to settle for fifth.

The second Aston Martin of Lance Stroll took sixth place, despite hitting Alonso at Turn Four on the first lap, costing the Spaniard a place to Russell, who finished seventh.

Old 03-06-23, 01:19 PM   #340
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-06-23 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-06-23, 01:47 PM   #341
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

So I got this new tv-provide(Satellite) and Yesterday I had 5 channels to chose from. I could choose the drivers seat throughout the drive. or watching the pit. or follow the ordinary tv channel.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-23, 02:04 PM   #342
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I use IPTV

Old 03-09-23, 02:43 PM   #343
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Mercedes 'hold emergency meeting' after Lewis Hamilton criticism as 'ultimatum' given

Toto Wolff insists there is no rift between Lewis Hamilton and senior Mercedes staff despite the seven-time world champion's public criticism in the wake of the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Mercedes were desperate to provide their drivers with a more competitive car this year after a challenging 2022 season for the team. But Hamilton and George Russell again have a machine which looks unlikely to be challenging for the title and an 'emergency meeting' was reportedly held at the team's factory.

After managing only fifth place in Bahrain, Hamilton spoke to the BBC and was critical of the team. He said: "Last year, I told them the issues that are with the car. I've driven so many cars in my life, so I know what a car needs, I know what a car doesn't need.

"And I think it's really about accountability, it's about owning up and saying 'yeah, you know what, we didn't listen to you, it's not where it needs to be and we've got to work'."

In the wake of those words, it was reported by Italian publication Formu1a.uno that a meeting took place "late at night" at the team's factory. Technical director Mike Elliott was supposedly given an "ultimatum" placing extra pressure upon him to get the W14 into a place where it is more competitive on track.

This latest reported development will do nothing to quell concerns that there may be a rift among the big players at the Silver Arrows. But team principal Wolff's initial response to the result in Bahrain was to reassure fans that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

He said: "The Lewis situation is you heard him on the radio. He is an integral part of the team, picking the team up and we are all sticking together and I don't think that is going to change just because we had a start that was really bad.

"We have won eight constructors' championships and six drivers' championships with him and that relationship holds. As much as being transparent as to how we need to turn the car around, it is not the point to talk about the driver situation in 2024.

"It is far too early, we need to all push in then same direction, the drivers, the engineers, all the management rather than throwing in the towel. We have never done that and we will not do it. We just need to really dig deep and deeper than we have every done and provide both drivers with a car they are able to fight with."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...e38483b36&ei=8

Old 03-09-23, 07:45 PM   #344
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Makes for an interesting season but Lewis can whine all he wants to, and I don't care. Mercedes enjoyed domination from the 2014 major rules change and he rocked it, but now he isn't in the best car and cries like a baby. Let him go and see if he can do better somewhere else.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-23, 06:50 AM   #345
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Only team for an improvement would be Red Bull then