SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-22, 03:29 PM   #106
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

How long did you stare at those dirty pictures in order to ascertain that?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 12-03-22 at 10:29 PM.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 03:30 PM   #107
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
That is pure bull crap and the files released prove that it is. For the year 2020 Twitter staff political donations were: for Republicans .. $14,140.00. For Democrats .. $909,430.00. Seems like the Twitter workforce was overwhelmly to the left. Now tell me that didn't effect what these people were up to. Oh they were doing their best. Question is what were they trying to accomplish? It is now painfully obvious that the goal was to suppress a story that would have made candidate Biden look bad. What makes it all so bad is that the story was true and the laptop contents were not stolen or "Russian Disinformation". In other words it was a legitimate story and it was suppressed for political reasons.
Donations are no proof at all that was a choice by twitter like it is in any other company google apple etc. the other thing, Twitter’s then-CEO, Jack Dorsey, said he regretted the platform’s decision to censor the story so old news nothing in this has proven anything that was already publicly known. The only result will be Elon in hospital because he shot himself in the foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 03:56 PM   #108
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Donations are no proof at all that was a choice by twitter like it is in any other company google apple etc.
I think it is a pretty good indicator that it is exactly what was going on. Ten times more donations to Democrats than Republicans? Just what kind of indicator would it take to convince you?

Quote:
.. so old news nothing in this has proven anything that was already publicly known.
And yet the left wing media is still trying to spin this as something it is not.

Glenn Greenwald said it best.

Quote:
The whole sleazy, in-group liberal gang from NBC, Daily Beast, etc -- all the censorship advocates who think censorship advocacy is somehow compatible with journalism -- are furious that the the acts of their Dem Party allies in getting the Biden story censored are being exposed.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 04:03 PM   #109
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I think it is a pretty good indicator that it is exactly what was going on. Ten times more donations to Democrats than Republicans? Just what kind of indicator would it take to convince you?
I do not live in the U.S. so I do not care, it does not have any influence on me.
Quote:
And yet the left wing media is still trying to spin this as something it is not.

Glenn Greenwald said it best.
Glenn? That same Glenn that released the files of a man that just got a Russian passport and swore allegiance to it?

Quote:
Old 12-03-22, 04:13 PM   #110
Dargo
Admiral

Exclusive: Twitter leans on automation to moderate content as harmful speech surges... https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...es-2022-12-03/

Quote:
Old 12-03-22, 04:21 PM   #111
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
How long did you stare at those dirty pictures in order to ascertain that?
Proper government conspiracies used to *mean something* in the US, God damn it! Time was there were break-ins (called ‘em ‘third-rate,’ but they were first-class all the way), off-book juntas, plausibly deniable coups, even exploding Cuban cigars. Now? ****, son.

Quote:
Old 12-03-22, 04:58 PM   #112
u crank

Quote:
I do not live in the U.S. so I do not care, it does not have any influence on me.
Seems to me that you do care. Seems to me you are trying to make a point.

Quote:
Glenn? That same Glenn that released the files of a man that just got a Russian passport and swore allegiance to it?
I do not live in Russia so I do not care, it does not have any influence on me.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-03-22, 05:15 PM   #113
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Seems to me that you do care. Seems to me you are trying to make a point.

I do not live in Russia so I do not care, it does not have any influence on me.
Why MAGA Republicans and Elon Musk are so adamant that people be able to post photos of Hunter’s johnson is something that should probably be explored with their respective preachers or psychiatrists, but it is certainly not a matter for constitutional scholars or litigators. While Mr. Lisbon from the Virgin Suicides may derive a depraved type of happiness from publishing pictures of other people’s genitals on a private company’s public bulletin board without the approval of those pictured, the First Amendment does not bestow upon him the right to prevent the company from taking down the offending material. To sum up what we learned: Big penis, little news, First Amendment not under threat. Nice try, troll, but companies can do what they want.

Quote:
Old 12-03-22, 05:22 PM   #114
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
That is pure bull crap and the files released prove that it is. For the year 2020 Twitter staff political donations were: for Republicans .. $14,140.00. For Democrats .. $909,430.00. Seems like the Twitter workforce was overwhelmly to the left. Now tell me that didn't effect what these people were up to. Oh they were doing their best. Question is what were they trying to accomplish? It is now painfully obvious that the goal was to suppress a story that would have made candidate Biden look bad. What makes it all so bad is that the story was true and the laptop contents were not stolen or "Russian Disinformation". In other words it was a legitimate story and it was suppressed for political reasons.
Corporations are people too.

"Consolidated Silver Mining Co. v. Pennsylvania – 125 U.S. 181 (1888), the Court clearly affirmed the doctrine, holding, "Under the designation of 'person' there is no doubt that a private corporation is included [in the Fourteenth Amendment]. Such corporations are merely associations of individuals united for a special purpose and permitted to do business under a particular name and have a succession of members without dissolution."[17] This doctrine has been reaffirmed by the Court many times since.[citation needed]

The 14th Amendment does not insulate corporations from all government regulation, any more than it relieves individuals from all regulatory obligations. Thus, for example, in Northwestern Nat Life Ins. Co. v. Riggs (203 U.S. 243 (1906)), the Court accepted that corporations are for legal purposes "persons", but still ruled that the Fourteenth Amendment was not a bar to many state laws which effectively limited a corporation's right to contract business as it pleased."

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 05:30 PM   #115
u crank

Quote:
To sum up what we learned: Big penis, little news, First Amendment not under threat. Nice try, troll, but companies can do what they want.
I could care less about yours or anyone else's penis. That is not what this is about. As soon as we get close to what it is about you defer, attack journalists and change the subject.

But you are right about one thing. Private companies can do what they want. And that is what Musk is doing. Don't like it, well that is to bad.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-03-22, 05:37 PM   #116
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As I asked before would it make some huge difference in the political landscape in United States these revelations of a certain mans laptop.

I was told no-These released stuff was already known-Well some if not most of it was kind of new to me.

Had Musk any hopes for some reaction in USA after the release of these Twitter Files ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 05:45 PM   #117
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I could care less about yours or anyone else's penis. That is not what this is about. As soon as we get close to what it is about you defer, attack journalists and change the subject.

But you are right about one thing. Private companies can do what they want. And that is what Musk is doing. Don't like it, well that is to bad.
And Musk will already have destroyed the income of twitter more advertising will leave, more countries will take action against the surge of hate on Twitter and more services will ban the Twitter app his behavior will cost him allot. They forced him to overpay $44 billion with no due diligence and then turn off advertisers with conspiracy theories and Nazis. Will he ever get the feeling he is being cheated?

Quote:
Old 12-03-22, 06:04 PM   #118
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The 14th Amendment does not insulate corporations from all government regulation, any more than it relieves individuals from all regulatory obligations.
I for one am not making that argument. Twitter as a private entity could do what ever they want. Just because it was legal doesn't make it right from a political point of view. The evidence is quite clear. Members of the Biden team, leftwing MSM and certain Twitter employees worked together to suppress a story that could have had an effect on the 2020 election. Even when some people at Twitter and a Democrat politician, Ro Khanna question this they went ahead and did it anyway. And again I stress that they had the right to do it. The fact that a new owner who doesn't have the same political taste is uncovering this now because he can seems to have gotten some people's shorts in a knot. Why? Is what is being revealed untrue? He and others are using the employees own words to make the case. I do not understand why people are upset about this?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 12-03-22, 06:06 PM   #119
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I'm still unsure what people are hoping to find on Hunter Biden's laptop.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 06:09 PM   #120
u crank

Quote:
And Musk will already have destroyed the income of twitter more advertising will leave, more countries will take action against the surge of hate on Twitter and more services will ban the Twitter app his behavior will cost him allot. They forced him to overpay $44 billion with no due diligence and then turn off advertisers with conspiracy theories and Nazis. Will he ever get the feeling he is being cheated?
It is his company so I guess he can do what ever the hell he wants to do with it. My advice is if you don't like it, don't use it, don't advertise on it and don't buy shares.

― Arthur C. Clarke