SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-13, 07:10 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default PC reinstall, new problems

I have gotten monitor and new HD today, gfx still missing, but not needed anyway, it seems. After installin ghte HD, the system showed stable images onscreen again, and suddenly Acronis was functional again and the updates on external drives were accessible again.

Note to myself: when the monitor occasionally blacks out, needs top be switched of and on again and then works again for some time, it is the - HD. You never stop wondering with computers...

Anyhow, I have in hardware monitor now some yeloow warning triangles.
All four "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz" are marked, both "High Definition Audio-Controller" entries, and the single "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface". The message when opening these says that "a driver service was deactivated for this device. Possibly another driver could take over this functionality. (Code 32)" (translated form the German).

I googled, and found many different comments, all pointing at different directions. What it really is, I still do not know.

I tried to reinstall the intel chip drivers that came on the moptherboard DVD, I neve rha dany others. Also installed the Realtake sound driver from this DVD again, also never had any other.

I also checked in service manmagetr for services that currently are marked as "deactivated". There were these entries listed as "deaktiviert":

- DSL Manager
- shared use of internet connection
- Logitech Bluetooth Service
- Media Center Extender Service
- Microsoft.NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X64
- " _X86
- Net.Msmq-List Adapter
- Net.Tcp Adapter
- Net.Tcp Port release service
- Routing and RAS
- Windows Defender

The HD is a WD Blue, 1TB, with 64 MB Cache and 6 MB/sec, was it MB/sec? The old one was a Samsung, 1 TB, 32 MB Cache, 3 MB/sec. Is there an incompatability? I have an Asus P8H67-B3.

Windows Update, and Malwarebyte and Antivir Updates have been run. I tried to use driver reinstall option for CPU1 in hardware manager, but it said the latest version already is installed. I looked in BIOS, but found nothing catching my eye there, it is one of these newer graphical interfaces, I hit defaults in easy setup screen, then switched "balance" to high performance again, and left it to that.

Oh, and I have no sound. The icon for volume control is red-crossed. Going to "problem solving from there", gets me a message that hardwarechnages possibly were not recognised. System says no sound output device is installed.

Clueless. What to do now? Can I safely deactivate and delete the CPU drivers in Hardware Manager, and then have them reinstalled via that option there? I mean it is the CPU, not just some addon. When the CPU has no drivers working for the CPU, isn't the system then dysfunctional?
Old 09-25-13, 07:21 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

I just noticed that the USB 3.0 connectors also do not get listed under USB controllers. I just reinstalled the drivers for them from DVD, but they do not show up. I however closed the yellow marker on the entry for Management Engine Interface by reinstalling the software from DVD. Trying reinstall again for the the CPU and Sound device did nothing, however.
Old 09-26-13, 04:45 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

No advice. Darn, than I bite the sour apple and start system manual reinstallation now. Will be on travels from next days on. Great timing.
Old 09-26-13, 05:15 AM   #4
DragonRider
Predator of the sea

Downloads: 6

These problems I have seen Random failure of different devices.
The cause I'm sorry to say is usually Motherboard related However that said.
have you changed the ram modules if not try removing some of the modules
to see if one is malfunctioning.
A failing device such as the Graphics card can cause this also so if you can remove
the graphics card and still use the computer as with some on-board motherboards try that.
Just disabling something may not work remove it from the board
DragonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 07:14 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

The new gfx card arrived. I put it in.

New now are gfx, HD, monitor.

The system ran the image installation that I still had on it from yesterday. The one with the yellow markers.

I then formatted partitions and deleted them as far as possible.

Then went on with manually installing. DVD in, thing started, Wndows now even lets me set up partitions and delete them again. I partitioned and had Windows going to the first one.

Coming back ten minutes later, I see the process has been stopped. Error warning 0xc0000034, and a text saying that Windows was unable to find the drivers for some hardware. No specification whatever. And that it now stops and I should start new with drivers being available.

I googled and read the error number is related to some SP1 update sometimes for W7. But I am not adding SP1, I m installing W7 from scratch. Or try so.

???? Mailboard failure?
Old 09-26-13, 07:29 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

while typing the above, a second installation attempt already was under way.

This one succeeded, I have the desktop now, and hardware manager says nothing of about yellow flags.

Im now going to install intel chip drivers, Realtake sound, USB 3.0 and the like from mainboard DVD, then see what I get. Sound hopefully comes back.

Too early too celebrate, but maybe I can evade bad news about mainboard failure.
Old 09-26-13, 08:09 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Hooray, maybe it was just a dust particle on the DVD drive's sensor ruining the first run, this one so far is smooth as silk. I installed all Asus DVD driver stuff, plus nVidia 314.22. The hardware manager purrs like a cat.

Hope it stays like this! Will be on travels from tomorrow on, for 3 days, maybe 4. Cannot complete all stuff tomorrow.

Thanks, dragoin, but you understand that I hope your suspicions turns out to be wrong...
Old 09-26-13, 10:27 AM   #8
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58

I'm thinking hardware issue too, maybe your disk drive is failing? (hopefully its just dust like you said)

At this point, you should switch to a mac lol
Old 09-26-13, 10:29 AM   #9
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
At this point, you should switch to a mac lol
At least you didn't say a Chromebook!
Old 09-30-13, 02:56 PM   #10
DragonRider
Predator of the sea

Downloads: 6

Fingers crossed for you Skybird
DragonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 03:25 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Thanks, but so far, with three new hardware components, the only minor issues here are that Explorer 10 (my first try with it) works not too well, and Opera 12.16 is a bit slow at times. No indication for hardware problems so far.

These will not show up before I have completed my simulation- and FSX-addon-installation and have finished fine-tuning all and everything.
Old 12-22-13, 02:26 AM   #12
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I had similar problems a little while ago. Over a period of some months, the computer would freeze, reboot, fail to boot (the monitor would sometimes stay dark), off and on. Finally, I got fed up with it and decided to do a clean re-install of the OS.

I had Win. Vista, 32 bit, and decided that since my chips are 64 bit, that I would install Win. 7, 64 bit. I put in a new larger HD, and more RAM, at the same time.

So far, everything has worked very well. The funny thing about installing Win 7, was that it only took about an hour to install it, but at least twice as long to do the updates. I don't really know what caused the problems. Based on what I read, it could have been the hard disk, the graphics card, or software related. I lean towards software, as that seems the be the weakest link in these machines. The only downside was that I was not able to get the original drivers for the keyboard, so some of the auxiliary buttons don't function, but this is a minor issue.

Anyway, best of luck with your machine.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote