Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-22, 11:31 AM   #181
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
I would also argue that in the context of the 2nd Amendment it gives the right to keep and bear arms to members of the well regulated militia and not the general populous of the United States.
It does not. It provides one reason that the peoples right should not be infringed upon but that does not imply that it is the only reason.

This is the Bill of Rights we are talking about. Individual rights, not the governments power to raise an army like you argue.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 11:35 AM   #182
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You talk a lot about Bills of Rights and Amendment-Doesn't it mentioned something about obligations/responsibility ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 11:45 AM   #183
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
You talk a lot about Bills of Rights and Amendment-Doesn't it mentioned something about obligations/responsibility ?

Markus
Such as?

Read the entire Second Amendment yourself:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Obligations, responsibilities? Show me. All I see is a limitation placed on government power just like the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Maybe you are confusing this with the Bill of Responsibilities? They call that the US Code of Law.

Old 06-01-22, 12:26 PM   #184
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

If it’s illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol. It should be illegal for a child or anyone to purchase a firearm if they are on a prescribed psychotropic drug(s) with known side effects which may contribute to thoughts of violence, homicide or suicide.

That’s a pretty good start huh?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 01:50 PM   #185
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If it’s illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol. It should be illegal for a child or anyone to purchase a firearm if they are on a prescribed psychotropic drug(s) with known side effects which may contribute to thoughts of violence, homicide or suicide.

That’s a pretty good start huh?
That takes care of about 11% of the population, add in those of you who self medicate (alcohol, marijuana, etc) and the percentage is significantly higher.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 05:37 PM   #186
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Has America Tried Bombing Its Mass Shooting Problem? Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2022/05...rative-matrix/

Oh cool it’s the part of the news cycle where Democrats and Republicans pretend something’s going to change about American gun laws for a few days.
“It’s a gun control problem!”
“Nuh-uh it’s a mental health problem!”
[Nothing changes about gun laws or mental health care]
[Repeat]
There’s probably a correlation between the fact that the US is the only nation with a mass shooting epidemic and the fact that Americans are the most aggressively propagandized population on earth.

If you took any armed population and psychologically pummelled them from birth with narratives about how mass military slaughter is fine while turning them into underpaid, alienated gear-turners and giving them an artificial culture mass-produced in Los Angeles, you’d probably see some mass shootings.

There’s only so far you can warp the human psyche before it snaps. Bash hundreds of millions of people in the brain their entire lives with indoctrination programs telling them madness is sanity and sanity is madness, and eventually a few of them are going to wind up mass murderers.
It's 100% right in more ways then one. And the real reason why nothing will change isn't because of politics but money.
Old 06-01-22, 06:05 PM   #187
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
That takes care of about 11% of the population, add in those of you who self medicate (alcohol, marijuana, etc) and the percentage is significantly higher.
I didn't realize that pot had "known side effects which may contribute to thoughts of violence, homicide or suicide".

Doesn't sound like the pot I know.

Old 06-02-22, 05:56 AM   #188
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Why are our heavily democrat controlled schools producing such defective children? What are they teaching them besides which one of 50 genders they are? Or maybe that exact kind of BS is the problem. Are boys being told that boys are bad? It seems like it to me. Meanwhile your girlfriend can take a dump on your bed and they're fine with that.

You can't let them thin out the ranks of firearm owners because it will keep on going. Next they'll be after anyone who ever suffered from PTSD as they reduce your numbers at every chance until the reach the goal of an unarmed populace. Except for Ukraine or Afghanistan, go ahead and give those guys machine guns.
Old 06-02-22, 07:44 AM   #189
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I didn't realize that pot had "known side effects which may contribute to thoughts of violence, homicide or suicide".

Doesn't sound like the pot I know.
That's because the "pot" being consumed today is a lot different then the "hippy weed" you consumed as a kid.

I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of marijuana use, suffice to say that it is considered a "psychotropic substance" (which is pretty much the reason for its recreational use).
Old 06-02-22, 08:27 AM   #190
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
That's because the "pot" being consumed today is a lot different then the "hippy weed" you consumed as a kid.

I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of marijuana use, suffice to say that it is considered a "psychotropic substance" (which is pretty much the reason for its recreational use).

I am no stranger to the weed sold these days. If you are lumping it in with actually dangerous drugs like methamphetamine for the purpose of stealing peoples God given right to self defense from them then you are as guilty of false propagandizing as the "Reefer Madness" fascists were who pushed the original lies about marijuana.

Old 06-02-22, 09:49 AM   #191
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Carlin swears like a sailor, you've been warned.
Old 06-02-22, 02:41 PM   #192
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

It’s not “that’ different. IMO the biggest difference back in the day was some serious quality control issues. But today there is no problem finding nothing but truly dank herb.

Below are the current side effects warning on medicinal weed. Note there are no thoughts of violence, suicide or homicide

Increased heart rate
Dizziness
Impaired concentration and memory
Slower reaction times
Negative drug-to-drug interactions
Increased risk of heart attack and stroke
Increased appetite
Potential for addiction
Hallucinations or mental illness
Withdrawal symptoms

I’ve had increased heart rate but only on the first few draws after that it slows back down, I’ve had the munchies. I also seem to be more aware than having impaired concentration or memory but I will eventually start winding down.. I’ll also add some from own experience. Outbursts of uncontrollable laughter, mild psychedelic effects, mild paranoia, couch lock, time dilation, waking up in morning feeling mentally and physically refreshed.

Once out of frustration I slammed the dash of my car because of a perceived slowing of time. I even locked my speed in at 55 mph and it still seemed like it was taking forever to get home. I swear the road just kept getting longer.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-02-22 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-02-22, 06:26 PM   #193
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Like I said, I have no intention debating the marijuana issue. But keep this in mind while you kids are coming up with all these new "laws", if you use marijuana (for whatever reason) and attempt to buy or posses a firearm then you are in violation of the gun control act of 1968. Which, bottom line, makes you a criminal.
Old 06-02-22, 07:00 PM   #194
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Like I said, I have no intention debating the marijuana issue. But keep this in mind while you kids are coming up with all these new "laws", if you use marijuana (for whatever reason) and attempt to buy or posses a firearm then you are in violation of the gun control act of 1968. Which, bottom line, makes you a criminal.
No it doesn’t. Times they are a changing. Today’s pre-purchase self assessment questionnaire clearly differentiates between lawful and unlawful possession of marijuana.

IMO this topic was never about marijuana laws anyway. The initial point was ‘red flags’ People in possession of firearms who are taking lawfully prescribed drugs handed out like candy having known adverse side effects of thoughts of homicide, suicide and violence. Apparently some studies have indicated that was a link between many of the shooters.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-02-22 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-02-22, 08:51 PM   #195
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

you really need to learn to read everything.
Form 4437 clearly states the following:

Quote:
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized
for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside

Tags
shooter