SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-10, 01:43 PM   #721
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
Back in the days CFS2 came around a was one of the few that set out to become a Japanese pilot....In the years to come i flew out numbered with few fellow pilots against the Huge numbers of Hellcats and corsairs..

Then IL2 FB came and one more time i was found on Japanse carrier flying against the online aces of the allied side...

Il2 evolved and me with it, but stil flying under the banner of the 6th IJN..

SH 4 came around....waitet for the Uboot box, roaming the pacific and sometimes sailing a long those carriers i flew of from.....

Now i will have a chanse to sail with them not along with them....

You have no idea how much i apriciate your effort in this..

Tx for your work.....i can wait, simply because i know i soon have a chanse to join my Brothers, not on a DD on the surface but soon be a samurai of the deep....

And that will be my name for the Japanese career...SOD Oiinko

They feared the devine wind....they will soon fear.....the black katana....The sword of the deep...

Lars
Denmark

Lars I commend you for flying in the difficult enviroment of cfs2 and il2

I do remember that japanese pilots were always outnumbered .. I was a virtual sqaudron leader of the 68sentai , If you google 68sentai there is still the remants of the cfs2 68sentai .. I had fun flying campaign battles vs the demons and the RAAf in aussie land in cfs2 , Back than we had monthly battles that were histroical and were fought in New guinea , there was always a cap 32 players in the room but software connections and glitches were always a battle in itself ,, I took a break from flying than I took half the american pilots and half of the japanese pilots and moved them to il2 . we re-started , went to il2 flying school and tried to re-start the sqaudron . after there was a known il2 sqaudron named 78 sentai (78 sentai was the sister sqaudron of 68 sentai), We banashed the sqaudron and came out again as the 244th sentai .. please see www.244sentai.org. however after many attempts and biased opnions of a larger yankie pilots we than said its time to cut it off , so now peridocally I do not fly , but now I sail in a keltos modded IJN sub , since that has occured its been alot easier than roaming the virtual sky looking for enemie black dots .. There are many pilots in IL2 that are very good at what they do, I like the laid back action of saling a sub and and having days upon days of nothing and than doing the fun thing of trapping allied ships , perhaps we can sail in the IJN flag in the future .. have fun and Keltos please keep up the good work .. Arigatou dozo
this is the kind of post that make us wanna work more on this ! thanks !

regards

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 02:50 AM   #722
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
Back in the days CFS2 came around a was one of the few that set out to become a Japanese pilot....In the years to come i flew out numbered with few fellow pilots against the Huge numbers of Hellcats and corsairs..

Then IL2 FB came and one more time i was found on Japanse carrier flying against the online aces of the allied side...

Il2 evolved and me with it, but stil flying under the banner of the 6th IJN..

SH 4 came around....waitet for the Uboot box, roaming the pacific and sometimes sailing a long those carriers i flew of from.....

Now i will have a chanse to sail with them not along with them....

You have no idea how much i apriciate your effort in this..

Tx for your work.....i can wait, simply because i know i soon have a chanse to join my Brothers, not on a DD on the surface but soon be a samurai of the deep....

And that will be my name for the Japanese career...SOD Oiinko

They feared the devine wind....they will soon fear.....the black katana....The sword of the deep...

Lars
Denmark

Lars I commend you for flying in the difficult enviroment of cfs2 and il2

I do remember that japanese pilots were always outnumbered .. I was a virtual sqaudron leader of the 68sentai , If you google 68sentai there is still the remants of the cfs2 68sentai .. I had fun flying campaign battles vs the demons and the RAAf in aussie land in cfs2 , Back than we had monthly battles that were histroical and were fought in New guinea , there was always a cap 32 players in the room but software connections and glitches were always a battle in itself ,, I took a break from flying than I took half the american pilots and half of the japanese pilots and moved them to il2 . we re-started , went to il2 flying school and tried to re-start the sqaudron . after there was a known il2 sqaudron named 78 sentai (78 sentai was the sister sqaudron of 68 sentai), We banashed the sqaudron and came out again as the 244th sentai .. please see www.244sentai.org. however after many attempts and biased opnions of a larger yankie pilots we than said its time to cut it off , so now peridocally I do not fly , but now I sail in a keltos modded IJN sub , since that has occured its been alot easier than roaming the virtual sky looking for enemie black dots .. There are many pilots in IL2 that are very good at what they do, I like the laid back action of saling a sub and and having days upon days of nothing and than doing the fun thing of trapping allied ships , perhaps we can sail in the IJN flag in the future .. have fun and Keltos please keep up the good work .. Arigatou dozo
I think we might have flown toghter back in CFS2 days. Its a long time and my old brain might be farting, but i remember a campaign made by paccom where the 68th where pressent...

software wars...hell ya everything from roger wilco to the game lobby was a fight and you had to take screenshots to prove killing ground targets For the carrier pilots who had to land to take of at mission start it was a nightmare...and took 1 hour before the mission was ready to run....

IL2 made that alot easyer. I stil fly but have changed "side" abit since im loving early war and are having a blast in the P-40E But in general i stil fly my Japanese planes when invitet to a coop mission i can be found flying my A6M3-32 even in 1945 missions...on hyberlobby you will stil se 6thIJN_Oiink roaming around.....
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 05:04 AM   #723
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24

Keep it up! I for one would really enjoy this when it's done!

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 08:35 AM   #724
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

My apologies if this has been asked many times before...

Is this mod designed to replace the U-boat Campaign in SHIV and is it compatible with TMO and RSRD (does not interfere with mods being run for the US Campaign)?

Really looking forward to this one. I've always dug how the Japanese subs looked.
Old 05-27-10, 10:56 AM   #725
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
My apologies if this has been asked many times before...

Is this mod designed to replace the U-boat Campaign in SHIV and is it compatible with TMO and RSRD (does not interfere with mods being run for the US Campaign)?

Really looking forward to this one. I've always dug how the Japanese subs looked.
It will change some of the same files that the others do, so it will interfere. The subs were built using Uboats, but there are still a lot of files that are used by both sides. But of course with JSGME that shouldn't be a problem.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 07:54 PM   #726
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

Thank you for the info!
Old 06-03-10, 08:14 PM   #727
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Ahoy! Checking in.

Hope all is well.
Old 06-06-10, 04:05 AM   #728
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Ahoy! Checking in.

Hope all is well.
one more week of commercial diving training and I'll hopefully have my degree

keltos

Old 06-13-10, 08:43 AM   #729
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Back from my classes

any news here in the past 5 weeks ?

keltos

as I am a builder of sinking ships I decided it was time to get a degree to be able to salvage them !

Old 06-13-10, 01:53 PM   #730
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
Back from my classes .... I decided it was time to get a degree....
Congratulations for getting your degree. Well done!

Happy Hunting!

Art
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 03:31 PM   #731
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Congratulations for getting your degree. Well done!

Happy Hunting!

Art
Now don't jump the gun. He never actually stated he GOT it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 06-13-10, 10:55 PM   #732
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Now don't jump the gun. He never actually stated he GOT it.

Peabody
You're right - I read that the wrong way didn't I. Well he deserves a lot of credit for going for it. How bout that.... lol

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 01:07 AM   #733
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
You're right - I read that the wrong way didn't I. Well he deserves a lot of credit for going for it. How bout that.... lol

Happy Hunting!
Yes he does. The last I knew he was trying to put torp tubes on his helmet.

Peabody

Old 06-15-10, 01:19 AM   #734
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Yes he does. The last I knew he was trying to put torp tubes on his helmet.

Peabody
Torpedo Los ! both of you !

keltos

Old 07-01-10, 07:46 PM   #735
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

hows the IJN campaign going? Looking forward to it, hopefully not dead
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote