SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-10, 07:57 PM   #1
fvyu
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Dropping Commandos in Sub Command

Hey guys..
i've played 668(i) Hunter/Killer back in the day and loved it.
As i remember, to drop off commando/seal teams u had to arrive at location at periscope depth (or surfaced) and at less than 5 knots rite??

Is it the same procedure for Sub Command?
Cuz i'm playing Campaign mission 1 for Akula Class..
And i CANT DROP the commandos no matter what..

can anyone tell me how to drop em??
fvyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 10:56 AM   #2
Malefactor
Loader

Downloads: 7

After you have met the conditions of speed,depth and location,right click the desired target and select deploy Special Forces.You should get a confirmation message that they are away shortly afterwards.

Malefactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 08:37 PM   #3
ElFisho
Nub

Downloads: 2

I've been trying to drop the commandos in the first Akula campaign mission for a while now and I see no option anywhere to do it. What am I missing? What exactly are the conditions for dropping them? I see nothing in the manual or the game that actually tells you how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
ElFisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 06:16 PM   #4
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393

Well there you have it, after all conditions are met, just right click chose the deploy and you be under way.
well said Malefactor.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 06:20 PM   #5
ElFisho
Nub

Right click where? I've tried doing it in the drop zone, out of the drop zone, on the ownship marker. No go. It seems bugged to me.

What I really need to know is what speed/depth am I supposed to be at? I've tried it between 0-5 kts and anywhere from periscope depth to surfaced. Nothing is working at all. Do I need to be deeper or faster? It would have been nice if they included some actual instructions on how to do the drop.

Last edited by ElFisho; 05-17-11 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-17-11, 11:51 PM   #6
Malefactor
Loader

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElFisho View Post
Right click where? I've tried doing it in the drop zone, out of the drop zone, on the ownship marker. No go. It seems bugged to me..
Right click the target,which can only be a surface or land target.I don't recall what the target is in the first Akula campaign mission,been a while since I last played that one.

Quote:
What I really need to know is what speed/depth am I supposed to be at? I've tried it between 0-5 kts and anywhere from periscope depth to surfaced. Nothing is working at all. Do I need to be deeper or faster? It would have been nice if they included some actual instructions on how to do the drop.
3kts or less at pericope depth or less.There are instructions in the manual on page 148-149 under the Special Operations and Procedures section.

Malefactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 06:47 AM   #7
ElFisho
Nub

Awesome. Thank you. I tried searching the manual for Seal team and commando but not special ops lol. Time to give this a go later.
Old 05-19-11, 07:41 AM   #8
ElFisho
Nub

I wasn't clicking on the building, which is basically a contact, and the manual clearly states that you have to use the contact menu. Thanks everyone for your help!
Old 05-19-11, 03:32 PM   #9
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393

Well, i guess that a little reading sometimes doesnt hurt at all, there is so much we can learn from reading that sometimes it amaze me.
Glad we can help.
thats why we are here for, enjoy MATE.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-15, 08:42 AM   #10
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264
Nuke

Are there any other requisites???
I'm at 18m depth zero knots and within the designated circle and did the final steps deploy the spec ops!!!
I even used time compression with no joy! The deploy option isn't greyed out! Are they leaving already or do I need to shoot'em off through one of the akula's torp tubes!
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote