SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-19, 03:50 PM   #1
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default This game just needs time

I see a lot of negative posts about this game, and I think that a part of the reason for that is that many people were expecting Silent Hunter 6. I think that this small Dev team has done an outstanding job in creating the game that they wanted to create. It focuses on managing the crew, which in my view is to the detriment of the atmosphere and drama associated with WWII sub games. That said, the game is in its early stages of development, highly moddable, and crew management can be minimized. The irony for me is that I believe that the changes that the modders will be trying to make, will in fact push the game to be more of what Silent Hunter 6 would have been. If they can create more realism and atmosphere on the action front, while keeping the crew management element that was missing in the SH series, we might end up with a great game. I think we need to give this game time. I vividly remember that it took four significant patches and some awesome mods to get Silent Hunter 3 where it needed to be.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote