SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-13, 10:52 AM   #61
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the new version, gap and SH5 modding community.

Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 10:54 AM   #62
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi guys,

in the past months I received a couple of reports by Trevally about a fastidious glaring light effect happening in sunny days. Here's an excerpt from a recent conversation on this topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally.
The glaring light issue was just that - when out is sunny day, the glare looked like a nuke had gone off
I will check out the new version with some addons in the mix (glad you added a clear underwater patch) and let you know
Okay, keep me informed on this and other issues about the new release.

The weird thing is that no one has ever reported this 'glaring light' problem. When does it happen? What is your gfx card? Hopefully a screenshot and some more detail will help us tracking down the problem.
Sure will.

It happened on any full sun day.
If you look at some of tonschk pics - he suffered from the same thing
I will find one and attach it here...

He was in bad need of some smoothed edges
But the brightness is the same as I get
The boat itself is so white in the bright days that I stay inside

These were with v2.1 and my graphics are 2x460 nvidea sli

Unfortunately I overlooked to address the issue with v 2.9 of the mod, but doing it through hdr_exterior.cfg settings should be relatively easy.

Let me know if you are experiencing the same problem and, in the affermative, with which DynEnv submods or other environmantal mods enabled
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 11:31 AM   #63
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Ahoy all.
I have just D/L'd the 2.9 version of Dyn'Env (I really love this mod), however, I noticed some time ago that I was getting very little rain in the game. Once in a great while I would get some with lighting and all and I loved it. But lately, never.
I was wondering if anyone else had this effect?! Most people usually complain about too much rain overall in Env'Mods. I'm also wondering if upgrading the Mod will help, as if this has been worked on at all. I know there have been lots of improvements and I can't wait until this evening to load this up, but I need more storms. Too much moderate weather with my currant set.
Hi DogFish, thank you for your report.

I am also curious to know is someone can confirm the problem pointed by you and putting it in relation with DynEnv.

As I stated in a previous post, the only factor which affects the probability of different weathers (including rain, fog and cloud coverage), is current season.

Stock game features only 5 weather zones: 2 polar bands, north and south (with only 1 winter season), 2 temperate bands (with 4 seasons of equal duration) and 1 tropical band (summer). Having introduced many new weather zones, DynEnv adds more variety to the game, and makes seasonal patterns at different latitudes closer to what one would expect in real life.

The one thing which may affect precipitation's duration (but not their probability, as far as I can understand) is that for most weather zones and seasons, min and max weather change intervals have been sensibly shortened. If SH5 rain had a cycle and required a minum rainy weather duration for rain to actually happen, DynEnv might interfere with this cycle, and reduce indirectly rain probability.

This is only a supposition, but if you want I can prepare a longer weather change intervals patch, for you to check if it will affect positively rain chance
Old 02-27-13, 11:47 AM   #64
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I don't understand why version 2.1 of the mod, also (re-)uploaded on mediafire, didn't cause so many problems:
Maybe more distributed downloads?
it was not a mediafire message.. it was subsim message

Quote:
..interesting plugin

if someone wants to try, I can post again the mediafire link
I use this plugin and yesterday I couldn't download mod..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 12:54 PM   #65
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi all again

I think I found a reasonable explanation why I didn't have any problems with the download link.
In Firefox I use this extension;

I love all the customized addons for Firefox. I will try this one now.
I am starting to see what others are talking about for rapidshare and mediafire while testing links for others, too. Never had seen issues like this before until the last 3-4 days. Thanks.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 01:37 PM   #66
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

Installed last night and so far having very good results from it.

This is the mods and order I've installed and have had no problems yet other than one stationary boat at kiel doing flips and rolls (with no visible damage).

Quote:
FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
Remove Electric Torpedo Wakes
sobers see thru wake fix
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1 Patch
Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - 10.I Seafloor (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 11.a.I Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.a Ambient Settings - Darker Nights
I wasn't sure if I should install other optional mods because they seem to overwrite some of the options already installed. So I suppose we're not supposed to install everything. We're supposed to pick and chose based on where we're planning on being?

Also, you guys might check your contrast settings in the options screen to make sure you don't have it turned up too high. I've noticed a white-out saturation coming out of the sub bunker too... but the program self adjusts a few seconds after so I thought it was normal. I have most of my other settings to max.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-13, 02:16 PM   #67
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
I wasn't sure if I should install other optional mods because they seem to overwrite some of the options already installed. So I suppose we're not supposed to install everything. We're supposed to pick and chose based on where we're planning on being?
Your mod order looks okay to me, but if you want to make sure that everything is in its place, just enable optional mods in numerical order (higher numbers last).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
Also, you guys might check your contrast settings in the options screen to make sure you don't have it turned up too high. I've noticed a white-out saturation coming out of the sub bunker too... but the program self adjusts a few seconds after so I thought it was normal. I have most of my other settings to max.
Thank you for sharing Bothersome.
Any other opinion on the luminosity topic, guys?
Old 02-27-13, 04:04 PM   #68
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Hi DogFish, thank you for your report.

I am also curious to know is someone can confirm the problem pointed by you and putting it in relation with DynEnv.

As I stated in a previous post, the only factor which affects the probability of different weathers (including rain, fog and cloud coverage), is current season.

Stock game features only 5 weather zones: 2 polar bands, north and south (with only 1 winter season), 2 temperate bands (with 4 seasons of equal duration) and 1 tropical band (summer). Having introduced many new weather zones, DynEnv adds more variety to the game, and makes seasonal patterns at different latitudes closer to what one would expect in real life.

The one thing which may affect precipitation's duration (but not their probability, as far as I can understand) is that for most weather zones and seasons, min and max weather change intervals have been sensibly shortened. If SH5 rain had a cycle and required a minum rainy weather duration for rain to actually happen, DynEnv might interfere with this cycle, and reduce indirectly rain probability.

This is only a supposition, but if you want I can prepare a longer weather change intervals patch, for you to check if it will affect positively rain chance
Wow, that would be very cool. Like I mentioned, I still need to install the new version this afternoon (Pac'time). Maybe I should give it a few days test first and see if things change. If they don't, then I'll take you up on your offer and test the patch. Or, you might want to go ahead with the patch and I'll test it regardless. I would love to see if I could increase the amount of rain and /or even storms. I don't think it's feaseble to have 3 months at sea with no rain...lol.
I'll chime in tomorrow anyway with my comments on the upgrade as well.
Thanks Mucho
D40
Old 02-27-13, 05:28 PM   #69
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

From the EnvSim act file .
The upcoming weather. If different from CurrentWeather, a transition between the two weather types is made��enum{ClearSky,Overcast,Rain}����ChangeToWeat her�The current weather�CurrentWeather��Wind direction and speed����Wind����Clouds altitude�Altitude����Clouds Render Controller.��

S3D Scene dat Sky/Clouds/Clouds/Clouds/Wind
Should the clouds transition be used from clear sky to rain , not from overcast to overcast . I dunno . Does SH5 even use half the stuff in the Scene Dat ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 02-27-13 at 05:45 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 04:08 AM   #70
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I love all the customized addons for Firefox. I will try this one now.
I am starting to see what others are talking about for rapidshare and mediafire while testing links for others, too. Never had seen issues like this before until the last 3-4 days. Thanks.
Works like a charm
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 10:53 AM   #71
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Wow, that would be very cool. Like I mentioned, I still need to install the new version this afternoon (Pac'time). Maybe I should give it a few days test first and see if things change. If they don't, then I'll take you up on your offer and test the patch. Or, you might want to go ahead with the patch and I'll test it regardless. I would love to see if I could increase the amount of rain and /or even storms. I don't think it's feaseble to have 3 months at sea with no rain...lol.
I'll chime in tomorrow anyway with my comments on the upgrade as well.
Thanks Mucho
D40
I didn't change anything in v 2.9 that could even remotely affect rain probability relative to v 2.1. Nonetheless, before we embark ourselves in testing different settings (whose effect on rain chance is anyway dubious), it would be wise to keep on the current weather change intervals for a while, taking note of rainy days over a given period. This would be better done during winter months

We should stick in mind that, even in stock game, rain chances are quite low. On the other hand, messing with weather change intervals wouldn't be immune from side effects, making weather (and fog) more static.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
From the EnvSim act file .
The upcoming weather. If different from CurrentWeather, a transition between the two weather types is made��enum{ClearSky,Overcast,Rain}����ChangeToWeat her�The current weather�CurrentWeather��Wind direction and speed����Wind����Clouds altitude�Altitude����Clouds Render Controller.��

S3D Scene dat Sky/Clouds/Clouds/Clouds/Wind
Should the clouds transition be used from clear sky to rain , not from overcast to overcast . I dunno . Does SH5 even use half the stuff in the Scene Dat ?
Good remark sober

I haven't ever messed with Scene.dat, as most of its setting are still obscure to me; incidentally, the copy of Scene.dat featured in DynEnv was edited by stoianm, I think.

Have you tested the cloud transition settings you are suggesting? If not, I can release a test patch, for allowing people to do it
Old 02-28-13, 11:07 AM   #72
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Is Clear Water Surface the same as Dynamic Environment Shallow Waters from the previous version?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 11:27 AM   #73
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

[QUOTE=gap;2017377]I didn't change anything in v 2.9 that could even remotely affect rain probability relative to v 2.1. Nonetheless, before we embark ourselves in testing different settings (whose effect on rain chance is anyway dubious), it would be wise to keep on the current weather change intervals for a while, taking note of rainy days over a given period. This would be better done during winter months

We should stick in mind that, even in stock game, rain chances are quite low. On the other hand, messing with weather change intervals wouldn't be immune from side effects, making weather (and fog) more static.

Hi Gap,
I installed the upgrade last night but I'm going to have to work with it. I think I put too much in too soon. I am really used to the 2.1 version (the way the folders work) so I'm going to have to go one at a time. One thing I did have a problem with is the Boat wake. There is a static graphic following the boat. I'm sure it's coming from one of the add-on folders because I have never seen before. It's a big white wake that follows the boat but doesn't move. It looks like a picture of a boat wake following the boat, in other words. Have you seen this?
Anyway, I'll track it down and tell you where it's coming from if I can, maybe its just not rendering correctly.
Otherwise, great job. I have to get used to the file structure so I can tweek it in better, I can already tell that it has more potential in terms of high def.
Back Soon.
D40
Old 02-28-13, 11:32 AM   #74
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Is Clear Water Surface the same as Dynamic Environment Shallow Waters from the previous version?
yes, Shallow Waters + Shallow Waters patch

Quote:
Hi Gap,
I installed the upgrade last night but I'm going to have to work with it. I think I put too much in too soon. I am really used to the 2.1 version (the way the folders work) so I'm going to have to go one at a time. One thing I did have a problem with is the Boat wake. There is a static graphic following the boat. I'm sure it's coming from one of the add-on folders because I have never seen before. It's a big white wake that follows the boat but doesn't move. It looks like a picture of a boat wake following the boat, in other words. Have you seen this?
Anyway, I'll track it down and tell you where it's coming from if I can, maybe its just not rendering correctly.
Otherwise, great job. I have to get used to the file structure so I can tweek it in better, I can already tell that it has more potential in terms of high def.
Back Soon.
D40
which DynEnv submods have you enabled? From your description, looks like I have added sobers see thru wake fix to one of them by mistake
Old 02-28-13, 11:43 AM   #75
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

Dogfish, I had seen that once about a month ago playing around with mods. Check to see if you flags are still waving. My flags weren't waving either once when I saw that.

With the mods that I have listed above, everything seems to be working ok now.

Last night I did manage to see a lot of rain. I was in April 1941 around the gulf south of spain. Looked quite like a hurricane to me. Waves were very tall. Boat was completely submerging into a wave and almost coming complete out of the valley. It did look a bit silly to see a tug boat getting more air time than a dirt bike. Wind speeds were 15 starting out, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Then later it slowed to 13. But the rain and wind lasted till I got back to home base. My TC is usually at most 128 but last night I put up to 512 trying to get past the bad weather. That didn't help much, only slowed the wind down to 13.

I do notice the waves look a lot more real now for some reason. Good job Gap.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather