Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-22, 09:52 AM   #226
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Says the guy whose country is now begging to join NATO and get under the protection of the USofA.
Yet even without NATO (of which we are not yet part of) we have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, freedoms that in many parts exceeds those of Americans. Still waiting for those examples...
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 04:46 PM   #227
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Yet even without NATO (of which we are not yet part of) we have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, freedoms that in many parts exceeds those of Americans. Still waiting for those examples...

But you're making a staw man argument. Finland has national conscription. Every one of you is already in a militia so you don't count.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 06:24 PM   #228
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I don’t understand what you just said.

Allow me to reiterate:

I am for raising the purchasing age of a firearm to 21.

I am for “red flagging” people who take drugs known to cause or may cause violent, homicidal or suicidal thoughts or behavior.

I am for showing proof of responsibility namely, holding a job, which pays for home ownership or rental property. In other words if you’re 21 or older and still liviing with mommy and daddy you’re still a child and not considered responsible.

I am for allowing 18 year olds or older to volunteer for military service and vote.

I am for investigating what changed or why the uptick in violence in the last 40 years.
Man, that's the best thing I've seen written on this subject. But, even if we made those changes, unless they were enforced, little would change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
The Following, in no particular order, is a list of causes:
  • Increase in population of 100+ million
  • Rise of social media
  • Refusal of DA's to prosecute crime
  • The rise of the ANTIFA & BLM movements
  • The Covid-19 pandemic (and the Gov. response)
  • the widespread acceptance of recreational drug use
  • Defund the police movement
  • Lack of acceptable role models for children
  • lack of 2 parent households for children
  • politicians pitting one demographic against another in order to get elected or remain in office.
  • An increase of people wanting instant gratification
  • A decrease of holding people accountable for their actions

Address the last 2 on the list and you will see a precipitous drop in violence (and probably crime).
Yes, on all points except CRT, cannot see how that has anything to do with it. I also think violent video games, music, and movies play a large role. I know these things exist in other countries without guns, but I can't imagine that kind of desensitizing does not play a role.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 07:42 PM   #229
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
The Following, in no particular order, is a list of causes:
  • Increase in population of 100+ million
  • Rise of social media
  • Refusal of DA's to prosecute crime
  • The rise of the ANTIFA & BLM movements
  • The Covid-19 pandemic (and the Gov. response)
  • the widespread acceptance of recreational drug use
  • the rise of CRT (critical Race Theory)
  • Defund the police movement
  • Lack of acceptable role models for children
  • lack of 2 parent households for children
  • politicians pitting one demographic against another in order to get elected or remain in office.
  • An increase of people wanting instant gratification
  • A decrease of holding people accountable for their actions

Address the last 2 on the list and you will see a precipitous drop in violence (and probably crime).
You forgot the rise of authoritarinism and religious fundimentalism, and I don't see how CRT is responsible for anything other than causing embarrasment to those who don't want to face up to it.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 08:24 PM   #230
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

i do think the games and music playing a big part of it like gta thing i don't like about red flag is someone got a beef against you or like my sister not right in the head turns you in blam your guilty until proven innocent damn feds have too much power now
Old 06-06-22, 09:51 PM   #231
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Really? It teaches that one race is inherently racist and are oppressors due to the color of their skin, it also teaches that one race are victims and are currently being victimized due to the color of their skin.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 10:33 PM   #232
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Really? It teaches that one race is inherently racist and are oppressors due to the color of their skin, it also teaches that one race are victims and are currently being victimized due to the color of their skin.
Which has plenty of historic proof to make an inconvenient point as part of the USA's, and the worlds, collective history. The stench needs to be aired out and put behind us so we can all move forward on a better footing.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 06:46 AM   #233
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But you're making a staw man argument. Finland has national conscription. Every one of you is already in a militia so you don't count.
Fair point.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 07:24 AM   #234
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I don’t understand what you just said.

Allow me to reiterate:

I am for raising the purchasing age of a firearm to 21.

I am for “red flagging” people who take drugs known to cause or may cause violent, homicidal or suicidal thoughts or behavior.

I am for showing proof of responsibility namely, holding a job, which pays for home ownership or rental property. In other words if you’re 21 or older and still liviing with mommy and daddy you’re still a child and not considered responsible.

I am for allowing 18 year olds or older to volunteer for military service and vote.

I am for investigating what changed or why the uptick in violence in the last 40 years.
I was responding to the part of the post where you where pointing out that the Democrats no longer take money from the gun lobby but are more then willing to take money from big pharma. Really though my response belongs more in the US Politics thread then here.

As for this post I do agree on all of those points. I have also brought up the point in another thread about having a license for different types of firearms and the requirements to get said licenses but no one seemed to care about whether or not that was a good or bad idea and why it would be so.
Old 06-07-22, 08:20 AM   #235
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Which has plenty of historic proof to make an inconvenient point as part of the USA's, and the worlds, collective history. The stench needs to be aired out and put behind us so we can all move forward on a better footing.

"Plenty of historic proof" that all white people are inherently racist. What bull. We are no more racist than any other group of human beings.

Old 06-07-22, 11:53 AM   #236
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Especially when you consider the FACTS there have been more Caucasians enslaved than any other group of people on the planet. Also this CRT thing is just another new ideology driven by one more special interest group out of many. It’s teaching should remain out of schools grades K thru 12 and government. Though I’m good with a presentation of CRT ideas on the college level. I mean if someone wants to piss away their tuition for extra credit. Why the hell not it’s their money.

There is another FACT concerning poverty. Contrary to what politicians and special interest group would like for you to believe. “White poverty rate does run much lower than the black rate, just under 10 percent, one-third of the black rate. But the white poor outnumber the black poor considerably, 19 to 7.8 million. White people make up 42 percent of America’s poor, black people about 28 percent.

The basic numbers don’t change when we look at people living in extreme poverty, in households making less than 50 percent of the meager poverty line. Of the 20 million people who live at this alarming level of want and deprivation, about 42 percent are white, 27 percent black.

These data have political implications that racial stereotyping usually shroud from public view. Many white people who don’t live anywhere near poverty, even many who consider themselves liberal, think blacks compose most of the poor. Large numbers of these white Americans feel no emotional connection to the problems poor people face. They perceive poverty as a problem of some other community, not their own.

If those white Americans who felt this way actually had to confront the demographic reality of poverty, if they came to understand that white people make up the single largest group of the poor, how white America thinks about poverty and policy might start changing.

Well-meaning white Americans have for decades been aware that black people face the risk of poverty than whites. But “poverty,” we all need to understand, is more and different than “race.””

Another FACT is the stench of slavery still exists in the world today. Besides the liberal’s pity party pointing out how everyone’s poop smell worse than their’s. What’s the liberal hive mind been doing to stop the modern day slavery happening right under their nose?

Is some special interest group idea pushing CRT supposed to end that and poverty?

edit: Oh I almost forgot, the best I can tell CRT doesn’t have squat to do with what madef and Buddahaid we’re arguing over.

www.inequality.org

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-07-22 at 12:41 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 03:23 PM   #237
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The view of a former Washington Met police officer with 20 years of service.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/05/o...one/index.html
Old 06-07-22, 03:34 PM   #238
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

That's nothing more then his opinion.
Like Butt holes? Every one has one.
And since he's retired? Why does he still keep his?
Old 06-07-22, 03:57 PM   #239
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Read it again. He makes an awesome lot of sense. And he does exactly not what you seem to do and many others: harping on about abstract principles. Its pragmatical reason he talks.
Old 06-07-22, 04:25 PM   #240
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
That's nothing more then his opinion.
Like Butt holes? Every one has one.
And since he's retired? Why does he still keep his?

Exactly. Basically he just made a straw man argument. He takes unverified hearsay and then declares it to be stupid.

Tags
shooter