Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-21, 08:42 AM   #2461
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes those are my words but I asked you to show me where Miley said Trump was a domestic enemy as you claim.
If his job is to defend the constitution against ENEMIES. Then why even bring up the argument about his sworn oath? Because you left out the most part of the oath which describes who he is to defend our constitution against. Only kook left wing conspiracy theorist extremists would go so far to declare a duly elected official the President of the United Stated an enemy of the constitution. Because that’s what your arguement just did.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 08:46 AM   #2462
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If his job is to defend the constitution against ENEMIES. Then why even bring up the argument about his sworn oath? Because you left out the most part of the oath which describes who he is to defend our constitution against. Only kook left wing conspiracy theorist extremists would go so far to declare a duly elected official the President of the United Stated an enemy of the constitution. Because that’s what your arguement just did.
So you won't back up your claim about Miley and focus on what I said.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:28 AM   #2463
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Isn't it up to the American authorities to decide whether this Mr. Miley committed a felony crime by his acting under President Trump ?

Markus
Actually, his title is Gen. Miley. You might want to look into how many hoops you have to jump through to earn that title.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:43 AM   #2464
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Actually, his title is Gen. Miley. You might want to look into how many hoops you have to jump through to earn that title.
Ok Gen. Miley.

I've followed how you discussed whether he committed a crime or not and it was because of this I wrote

Isn't it up to the American authorities....?

I'm not speculating in if he get a verdict or not, but if they open a case against him.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 11:49 AM   #2465
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

So - here's an interesting thought.

The US has civilian control of the military as one of the bases of how the military is organized. By definition, all military members report to the President. That whole chain of command thing.

The President is duly elected, and his actions are based upon the belief that what he is doing is in accordance with his oath of office. Even if that consists of calling another leader "Rocket Man" or taking actions that alter how the nation intersects with other nations (Paris climate, trade war with China, etc.). It does not matter that his subordinates don't like the way he carries out his duties. It isn't their place to countermand his orders or to oppose his actions. Question and advise in confidence? Sure. But that's it. As a member of the military, you're obligated to follow his orders. Or resign your commission. Enlisted are kinda screwed because they are obligated to a term of service under their contract, but officers can resign they're commission any time after their initial 5 year obligation.

Now, the JCS chair believes that the President is going to do "something" after the Jan 6th trespassing... At no point has the President violated his oath of office, and at no point has he taken clear steps to avoid a transfer of power - arresting Biden and Harris, suspending Congress, locking himself in the White House.

Yet, we're supposed to believe Milley going behind his back to allegedly prevent him from attacking China is anything other than insubordinate? The guy is still duly-elected for another 14 days, and Milley's obligation is to obey his orders as Commander in Chief. Milley has no reporting chain to Pelosi and he certainly has no authorization to call a Chinese general and tell him that he would prevent Trump from attacking China.

It may or may not qualify as treason, but it damn sure is insubordinate, it certainly is failure to obey a lawful order, and it definitely is aiding the enemy.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 11:58 AM   #2466
Buddahaid

I'm not reading his alleged behavior as anything more than making sure policy would be followed and as the liasson between the Secretary of Defense, the president, and the joint chiefs, that he is informed of any orders.

David Bowie
Old 09-16-21, 11:59 AM   #2467
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
So - here's an interesting thought.

The US has civilian control of the military as one of the bases of how the military is organized. By definition, all military members report to the President. That whole chain of command thing.

The President is duly elected, and his actions are based upon the belief that what he is doing is in accordance with his oath of office. Even if that consists of calling another leader "Rocket Man" or taking actions that alter how the nation intersects with other nations (Paris climate, trade war with China, etc.). It does not matter that his subordinates don't like the way he carries out his duties. It isn't their place to countermand his orders or to oppose his actions. Question and advise in confidence? Sure. But that's it. As a member of the military, you're obligated to follow his orders. Or resign your commission. Enlisted are kinda screwed because they are obligated to a term of service under their contract, but officers can resign they're commission any time after their initial 5 year obligation.

Now, the JCS chair believes that the President is going to do "something" after the Jan 6th trespassing... At no point has the President violated his oath of office, and at no point has he taken clear steps to avoid a transfer of power - arresting Biden and Harris, suspending Congress, locking himself in the White House.

Yet, we're supposed to believe Milley going behind his back to allegedly prevent him from attacking China is anything other than insubordinate? The guy is still duly-elected for another 14 days, and Milley's obligation is to obey his orders as Commander in Chief. Milley has no reporting chain to Pelosi and he certainly has no authorization to call a Chinese general and tell him that he would prevent Trump from attacking China.

It may or may not qualify as treason, but it damn sure is insubordinate, it certainly is failure to obey a lawful order, and it definitely is aiding the enemy.
When high ranking officers publicly denounce or in other ways diminish the office of the presidency. It worries me because that kind of behavior can have a detrimental effect on the good order and discipline within the ranks. Because if they if Generals can misbehave and play politics. That means the lower ranks can divide in political groups also, that’s not good. That’s why IMO they should bust him down and fire his divisive arse and make sure he doesn’t receive any benefits.

Old 09-16-21, 12:12 PM   #2468
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Let me see if I got this right.

Trump becomes more mad in the end of his term. In his madness he think/decide to attack China, but Gen. Miley does not follow order he contradicts the President and he even call China to cool things down.

If I did understand it correctly He has saved our life and should have a medal instead of being prosecuted.

Markus

Old 09-16-21, 12:37 PM   #2469
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Let me see if I got this right.

Trump becomes more mad in the end of his term. In his madness he think/decide to attack China, but Gen. Miley does not follow order he contradicts the President and he even call China to cool things down.

If I did understand it correctly He has saved our life and should have a medal instead of being prosecuted.

Markus
If you look at the timing of these headlines about Miley, Trump, Nukes, and China you will find they coincide with Bob Woodward and Robert Costa new book ‘Peril’ .

Old 09-16-21, 02:24 PM   #2470
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If you look at the timing of these headlines about Miley, Trump, Nukes, and China you will find they coincide with Bob Woodward and Robert Costa new book ‘Peril’ .
From a book-well then there's a chance that the situation is exaggerated

To something else(no need to start a new comment)

There have been in the news and in Danish article.

It's about Biden being interrupted in his performance-They showed a clip from Boise where Biden spoke and then the picture disappeared and a logo appeared instead.

Markus

Old 09-16-21, 03:01 PM   #2471
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm not reading his alleged behavior as anything more than making sure policy would be followed and as the liasson between the Secretary of Defense, the president, and the joint chiefs, that he is informed of any orders.
Except Milley doesn't get to make the call to China or converse with Pelosi on his own authority. His job is to advise and obey his civilian leaders - neither of whom authorized him to do what he did.

He gets to say, "I advise against this because..." and then say, "Yes, Mr. President," even if they choose to not heed his advice.

We don't need a Myanmar government in the US...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 03:37 PM   #2472
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Except Milley doesn't get to make the call to China or converse with Pelosi on his own authority. His job is to advise and obey his civilian leaders - neither of whom authorized him to do what he did.

He gets to say, "I advise against this because..." and then say, "Yes, Mr. President," even if they choose to not heed his advice.

We don't need a Myanmar government in the US...
We also don't need a Lukashenko as president for that matter.

David Bowie
Old 09-16-21, 05:10 PM   #2473
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Old 09-16-21, 05:15 PM   #2474
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 09-16-21, 05:18 PM   #2475
Rockstar
Rear Admiral