SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-20, 05:01 PM   #3646
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I'm trying to find an English article on what I have heard on the news and what some of my friends have made comments on.

It's about Sweden(again)

The story is that the elderly over 60 were placed at the bottom of the treatment ladder, and the elderly in old age homes were considered as consumables.

I have found article where the Swedish leader for the Swedish Serum Institut Anders Tegnell have rejected this assertion

I found one English article, which is behind a paywall

The headlines in the article

"The treatment of Sweden's old and vulnerable is a 'catastrophe'
Modelling suggests up to 20,000 could die if the virus becomes rampant in care homes"

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 05:11 PM   #3647
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Is this the article you were looking for? I don't think this is a pay site...:

The treatment of Sweden's old and vulnerable is a 'catastrophe' --

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-catastrophe/

<O>
Old 05-22-20, 05:15 PM   #3648
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Is this the article you were looking for? I don't think this is a pay site...:

The treatment of Sweden's old and vulnerable is a 'catastrophe' --

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-catastrophe/

<O>
I thought Subscribe=pay.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 06:03 PM   #3649
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I thought Subscribe=pay.

Markus

I apologize for the misunderstanding; when I originally opened the article, it opened in full, so I thought there was no subscription requirement; when I opened it a second time, the subscription nag did appear; again, I apologize...

I searched for other possible sources of the article, but the Telegraph UK, like other sources such as The NY Times, Washington Post, etc., has pretty much sealed off access outside of their own link. There appear to be no non-pay/subscribe sources available, but I'll keep looking...

<O>
Old 05-23-20, 06:01 AM   #3650
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

After a restaurant reopened, a guest infected 7 with covid-19 and caused 50 further guests force dunder full quarantine.

Restaurants in germany are allowed to operate under limiting regulations, but they say they cannot operate cost-covering this way. They are open now, but they all make losses.

A Christian-Baptist church service led to "a huge number of infections" - no precise numbers givne so far - of many people from across all the Rhine-Main area, and that is extrenely huge and densely populated and that is a lot of people. I said it often before: do not just mumble something with low voice into your beard when praying, but pronounce clear and loud what you expect Him to do. Obviously this time there was a misunderstanding. Or maybe it was because all people spoke simultaneously. - Just saying, since Trump wants to score with his voters by enforcing churches to be opened across all states.
Old 05-23-20, 06:08 AM   #3651
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 06:14 AM   #3652
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine treatment leads to higher mortality of COVID-19 patients a study indicates:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 06:17 AM   #3653
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

UK prime minister's office defends his chief adviser, who has been accused of breaking lockdown rules.

Dominic Cummings travelled 260 miles to a family home in County Durham, while suffering coronavirus symptoms.

Durham police and crime commissioner Steve White said it was unwise and concerning.

China, where the outbreak began last year, has for the first time recorded no new cases.

Muslims around the world are being urged to celebrate Eid al-Fitr at home amid the pandemic.

Saudi Arabia imposes total curfew over the Eid holiday after previously easing measures.

A new study suggests that the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine may increase the risk of death among Covid-19 patients.

Globally, more than 5.2m cases have been recorded, says Johns Hopkins University; 338,000 have died and 2m have recovered.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 07:07 AM   #3654
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A Christian-Baptist church service led to "a huge number of infections" - no precise numbers givne so far - of many people from across all the Rhine-Main area, and that is extrenely huge and densely populated and that is a lot of people. I said it often before: do not just mumble something with low voice into your beard when praying, but pronounce clear and loud what you expect Him to do. Obviously this time there was a misunderstanding. Or maybe it was because all people spoke simultaneously. - Just saying, since Trump wants to score with his voters by enforcing churches to be opened across all states.
First incoming numbers now say "over 40 infections". Health services and offices frantically try to track down all those rattails of infection chains and follow-on contacts. Thank God - pardon the word game - they have not more important things to do currently than to chase down unneeded infection chains...

Important in tis case as in the other infection cases I mentioned before: all rules and regulations had been obeyed.

I just say: avoid meeting groups, even unrelated individuals in closed rooms, if only you can. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Meet in the open, several meters apart, with wind from the side if possible.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-23-20 at 07:16 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 07:22 AM   #3655
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine treatment leads to higher mortality of COVID-19 patients a study indicates:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

An article worth noting but like so many other studies before it the report ends with: Randomized clinical trials will be required before any conclusion can be reached regarding benefit or harm of these agents in COVID-19 patients.

Any reports on the use and efficacy of Losartan, Actemra, kaletra, remdesivir, favipiravir, or EIDD-2801? I wonder why nobody ever posts anything about those?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:12 AM   #3656
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
After a restaurant reopened, a guest infected 7 with covid-19 and caused 50 further guests force dunder full quarantine.

Restaurants in germany are allowed to operate under limiting regulations, but they say they cannot operate cost-covering this way. They are open now, but they all make losses.

How timely your observations are due to the same thing is happeing over here in the USA also. Not too sure about restaurants though, because they have just started to open up which will result in even more cross contaminating of customers and employees alike.

A church is not a theather where everyone sits apart to view a movie together they sing and shout and some even dance or have hands on healing services. The results are not in yet, but the wise ones will stay home till they have immunity from the unwise carriers of Covid-19.

Corona doesn't care who you are it just wants to invade your body like some angry demon and take you to the grave or at the least pocess you to destroy you. Like electricity Corona virsus will take the least path of resistance.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:23 AM   #3657
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

They're purposely reporting data using it as late stage treatment when they know it needs to be administered early stage, hopefully before you ever see a hospital. Probably good luck if you could get somebody to prescribe it for you early stage though. The only reason I could see to administer Hydroxychloroquine late stage is so you can say
Quote:
See it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Y

Corona doesn't care who you are it just wants to invade your body like some angry demon and take you to the grave or at the least pocess you to destroy you. Like electricity Corona virsus will take the least path of resistance.
I think of covid-19 more as a lion picking off the weak members of the herd. Once the weak are gone it should become harder for the lion to eat unless he ups his game. The problem is that we've stop treating everything else so members of the herd with other medical problems are going to become the new weak members of the herd if they aren't treated for their other problems

Last edited by em2nought; 05-23-20 at 08:28 AM. Reason: the herd
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 08:48 AM   #3658
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Y

How timely your observations are due to the same thing is happeing over here in the USA also. Not too sure about restaurants though, because they have just started to open up which will result in even more cross contaminating of customers and employees alike.

A church is not a theather where everyone sits apart to view a movie together they sing and shout and some even dance or have hands on healing services. The results are not in yet, but the wise ones will stay home till they have immunity from the unwise carriers of Covid-19.

Go live in a hole if you want but I will continue enjoying my God given liberties as a free man. We must not allow a bunch of petty hitler wannabees scare the country into giving them up. especially when it won't fix the problem they are using to justify their tyranny. This "angry demon" virus will not be defeated by turning the nation into a dictatorship, all it will do is tear the nation apart.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 09:06 AM   #3659
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
An article worth noting but like so many other studies before it the report ends with: Randomized clinical trials will be required before any conclusion can be reached regarding benefit or harm of these agents in COVID-19 patients.

Any reports on the use and efficacy of Losartan, Actemra, kaletra, remdesivir, favipiravir, or EIDD-2801? I wonder why nobody ever posts anything about those?
I heard that remdesivir cost $1,000 a shot and that Hydroxychloroquine cost less than $1.00 a pill ... nothing is proven yet, but if your dying and the doctor says,
"Do you want to try this or that unproven method" what are you going to do?

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...11US1274G91208

Quote:
Though a price hasn't been set yet for remdesivir, the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, an organization that reviews drug costs, suggests that $4,460 per course of treatment would be cost-effective.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 09:11 AM   #3660
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Remdesivir seems to shorten the time of healing, apart of that it is not good for evaing the virus, it is not a vaccine.
And Chlorodingelskirchen is good because Trump says so, nothing to discuss here.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan