Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-20, 07:26 AM   #3541
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

"Compelling evidence"

"Good vitamine D status is specifically effective againbst Covid 19." (minute 8:00 on)
"We actually have TWO pandemics. We have the Covid 19 pandemic, obviously, but we also have a deficiency of Vitamine D pandemic that is silent, that is invisible, that is not recognized by medical authorities." (10:15)

As usual my reminder that higher doses of Vitamine D should be accompanied by Vitamine K and Magnesium. Vit-K to keep calcium in the bones and not in the bloodstream, Magnesium to "acivate" Vit-D absorpption. A bit of oil, fat also is needed, at leats reocmmended, to increase the absorption rate. By all what I read I would recommend to quicklaunch the Vit D defences by taking 20 thosuand IE for two or three weeks, then halve this dose, and if you feel emotionally alarmed about that still, halve it again to 5000 after another 2-3 weeks.

In more detail I explained it already earlier, a few pages back.

Stupid German minster, a walking irrelevance with a big empty balloon on her neck, wants to ban vitamine supplements alltogether, at least redcue them to therapeutically irrelvant doses. And she wants to do it in the whole EU. Fortunately her star is already sinking, and I hope it crashes before she can get the EU acting on this inb all seriosuness. The pharmaceutical industries earn more by selling drugs and medicine for ill people, than to allow people investing in preventon against getting ill in the first. - And the recommendations of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung DGE? Bases in parts on the knowldfge status of the time between both world wars. You cannot become any more ultraconservative than they are, they again show the German disease: assuming only the most perfect and ideal environment and world to be real, and ruling out an less perfect reality, thus claimign that proper food alone will privide you with all you need. That almost nobody cares to consume this theoretically "ideal" diet (not to mention that if you check it it is impracticle to follow it and would mean you spend absurd efforts an consuming absurd amounts of this and that), is completely ignored, they demand that you instead follow their total and absolute wisdom and do what they say. Black and white painting at its best.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-15-20 at 08:06 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 10:12 AM   #3542
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 10:48 AM   #3543
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Compelling evidence"

As usual my reminder that higher doses of Vitamine D should be accompanied by Vitamine K and Magnesium. Vit-K to keep calcium in the bones and not in the bloodstream, Magnesium to "acivate" Vit-D absorpption. A bit of oil, fat also is needed, at leats reocmmended, to increase the absorption rate. By all what I read I would recommend to quicklaunch the Vit D defences by taking 20 thosuand IE for two or three weeks, then halve this dose, and if you feel emotionally alarmed about that still, halve it again to 5000 after another 2-3 weeks.

In more detail I explained it already earlier, a few pages back.

Where did you get the information about how to go about this vitamin D regimen, or is that in the previous post too?

Last edited by em2nought; 05-15-20 at 10:48 AM. Reason: regime not regime LOL
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 12:14 PM   #3544
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Where did you get the information about how to go about this vitamin D regimen, or is that in the previous post too?
Its a condensate of various things I have read aboiut it and saw on youtube. A very few of it also is feedback from an ecotrophologist I know since university. There is much esoteric garbage, some dangerous claims on high doses beign harmless. other declare even low doses as "sky is falling" scnearios already, its not easy, some people reference to practical experience, and the values recommended vary widely - very widely! - from nation to nation and source to source. The numbers I gave are much higher than what in Germany would be given by the German nutrition society, but as I said, they are arch-consevatiove. Sweden and the Us however would consider as high and even uigher doses more easily. The US even add Vit-D to food form the shelves. The medically founded, study-founded dose reocmmendaitons imo mostly are vey conservatrive, and so: safe. But they probbaly mostly i8gnore a,ot of potentiual in good effects by staying too conservative and fearing danger too easily.

However, the dose makes the poison. Too much of anything can and will do damage.

I tried to form a responsible and safe compromise. Dr. campbell mentions somewhere a safe dose of not about 4ooo International Units, I think he still is old school there, but my tip for 5000 is not that much above that. There are gurus and also responsible doctors recommending daily doses of 40 and 50 thousand, though then with a regular blood analysis only to determine a more precise adequate dose of Vit K as well and monitor that calcium and magnesium

I would not be worried with doses not above 10-20 thousand, but would consider Vit-K and Magnesium a must with any dose above 1000. Medical therapies with Vit-D go as high as 300 thousand. I am not certain, but I seem to recall that 350 thousand is considered to be a critical treshhold that should not be passed for sure, for then you resally could get yourself into serious trouble. Many people that only take Vit D without Vit-K, and take Vit-.D by 100 or 200 thosuand per day, seem to form symptoms, problems, which mostly go away monce their blood serum gets back to normal levels again. However, calcium and blood vessel - that can lead to lasting damage.

Its hard to give just one well-fouznded number as a safe tip, thats wehy I still stayed low and try to make a reaosnable, safe, respnisble esdtmation.

In Germany you can freely buy Vit-D with up to 20 thousand per pill.

I started with 20 thousand per day, went down to 10 thousand and now 5 thousand per day.

Go to youtube. You find some good speeches and teahcing on Viutmanes ther,e and soem that obviously are only advertsiing, some by people. I tend to pick those who are doctors with practical experience and no (known) personal ties to any producing company. As I sdaid,m the range of quality is immense, as is the range in reocmmended numbers.
I would not go beyonbd 20 thosuand poer day without frequent blood analysis, to make sure your calcium levels in the blood do not go downside up This is the real threat there: "Hyperkalzämie". You want your calcium in your bones, not in your blood vessels. This must be taken care of. Thats why the Vit-C. Magnesium is for actually being able to make use of the Vit-D consumed. It all belongs together. Magneisum is sometime sbeign talked of as beign always harmelss, that is not true, to excessive doses can be damaging as can be a deficient manesium level. As with everything.

Remember Linus Pauling? He was excessive, 17 thousands IEs of Vit-C. Boah! After the hype in the 80s, he was condemned, and that dose probbaly in most peopel, would not only be beyond their physicoloigcal tolerance, but also would create isses like kidnes stones and more. Still, today Vit-C slowly gets rehabilitated a bit, but the daily dose will never be recommended to be that high again. Fact is that most modenr people do not follow the recommende didela wonder-super-dooper diets, may it be for time, for money, for taste and for lacking educaiton reasons. What they do in germany: always condemning anythign artifical in nutrition supplements and demanding people to eat the "ideal diet", is unrealistic. And it gets interfered with food recommendations born not out of medical advice, but ideological world views and poltical projects. Eat to save the planet, is one of them, as an exmaple. The industry, on the oithe rhjands, has its own inbterests, as has the tobacco industry.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-15-20 at 12:30 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 12:48 PM   #3545
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-15-20, 02:48 PM   #3546
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
By all what I read I would recommend to quicklaunch the Vit D defences by taking 20 thosuand IE for two or three weeks, then halve this dose, and if you feel emotionally alarmed about that still, halve it again to 5000 after another 2-3 weeks.

Quit playing doctor Skybird. You are not qualified to give medical advice.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 03:21 PM   #3547
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I know the American love their freedom, so you could say:

In the holly name of their freedom, they sacrifice their health.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 04:00 PM   #3548
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I know the American love their freedom, so you could say:

In the holly name of their freedom, they sacrifice their health.

Markus
That hasn't been proven yet Markus, but the reports of retirements homes having many ill patients with Covid-19 and dormitories of foreign workers in Malaysia, Singapore and of course the cruise ship problems from Japan early on and now stacked up all over the world should be a sign to those that want to get out and party in bars or concerts or picnic together or the theater and bowling alleys much less a stadium full of screaming fans ... all of those places should be red flagged and set as off limits or they will know within just a couple of weeks if they have been bitten by the corona bug.

If sin don't get you the corona bug will
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 04:38 PM   #3549
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
That hasn't been proven yet Markus, but the reports of retirements homes having many ill patients with Covid-19 and dormitories of foreign workers in Malaysia, Singapore and of course the cruise ship problems from Japan early on and now stacked up all over the world should be a sign to those that want to get out and party in bars or concerts or picnic together or the theater and bowling alleys much less a stadium full of screaming fans ... all of those places should be red flagged and set as off limits or they will know within just a couple of weeks if they have been bitten by the corona bug.

If sin don't get you the corona bug will
The reason behind my statement, was an issue in the news at night.

Some high court in some American state had overruled a government-thing(forgot what they are called) and in a reportage from this State,
you could see a lot of people standing very close at some bar.
It was really crowded.
Which made me think-They really love their freedom-whatever it may cost.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 06:14 PM   #3550
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Yes we do.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 06:31 PM   #3551
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
The reason behind my statement, was an issue in the news at night.

Some high court in some American state had overruled a government-thing(forgot what they are called) and in a reportage from this State,
you could see a lot of people standing very close at some bar.
It was really crowded.

Markus

I think a lot of people are beginning to think we have been duped by all the self proclaimed experts and talking heads. It seems this virus had making the rounds about the globe before we knew it existed. I think a vast, vast number of people world wide have been infected, recovered and were not even aware of it. Months later when it finally makes the news and panic sets in over something we didnt bother to understand. We lock down and I'll bet the virus was already on its last legs and beginning to wane. But true to form politicians like our governor is already patting himself on the back for all the lives he saved.

I too now think we over reacted. Still I'm sure most everyone will disagree with me. But that'll change once waiter brings the bill and they see the cost of this fiasco.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-15-20 at 07:14 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 06:57 PM   #3552
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Markus

"Give us liberty or give us death!"

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 03:48 AM   #3553
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Still I'm sure most everyone will disagree with me.
Well, maybe at least the 1500 casualties (last 24h) would disagree.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 04:00 AM   #3554
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Italy's government has signed a decree that will allow travel to and from the country from 3 June, as it moves to ease its coronavirus lockdown measures.

It will also allow travel between the regions - which has so far been tightly restricted - from the same day.

The move marks a major step in the country's efforts to reopen its economy after more than two months of lockdown.

Italy has one of the highest death tolls in the world, but its infection rate has fallen sharply in recent days.

More than 31,600 people have died with the virus in the country, the third highest figure behind the US and UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52687448
Far too early in my estimation.

Old 05-16-20, 04:05 AM   #3555
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
President Donald Trump says the US will reopen, "vaccine or no vaccine", as he announced an objective to deliver a coronavirus jab by year end.

He likened the vaccine project, dubbed "Operation Warp Speed", to the World War Two effort to produce the world's first nuclear weapons.

But Mr Trump made clear that even without a vaccine, Americans must begin to return to their lives as normal.

Many experts doubt that a coronavirus jab can be developed within a year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52685487
I know there are many divided opinions about the POTUS so best I leave it at that.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan