Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-24, 08:09 PM   #11
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Climate has been changing since earth began. The last major event was just around twelve thousand years ago.

However if it is an ice age termination event that’s rapidly coming upon us. Would people rather hear there’s something they can do about it by building EVs, batteries and efficient iPads even if it poisons the environment further, kills those who mine the ore needed and causes wars for the resources?

Or would it cause much more of a panic telling them in 20 years economies will begin to collapse so just buckle up Nancy boy because there ain’t a damn thing you can do about it.
I dunno.

People managed not to panic and crash society back in the 50's and 60's when nuclear war could break out at any moment. I grew up with the "Nuclear Clock" sitting at 5 min to midnight and air raid drills at school. The economy marched on unaffected. In the 70's when scientists were claiming with as much fervor as they are now about global warming that a new Ice Age was upon us and that winters would just keep getting longer until we were buried under miles of snow and ice. Given those scares I don't expect they would be any more likely to panic with the news that 20 years from now something might happen that could begin to collapse their economies.

Truth is nobody can say for sure what is going to happen with the climate or when.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote