SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-06, 12:40 PM   #121
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Here's a snapshot of the Southamptons in my HD: Sergbuto's version, Belfast-like version and my previous Southampton:

Lovely ships and model indeed .

When I have some spare time I'll pack the new ones into an ace file (been a bit busy lately).
Old 04-05-06, 02:41 PM   #122
Bruno Lotse
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 244
Uploads: 0

Lovely! Let me guess. These are HMS Southampton, Shefield, and Manchester
Old 04-05-06, 03:36 PM   #123
willi
Watch

Downloads: 0

Beautiful!
Difficulty to choose...

willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 06:46 PM   #124
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Downloads: 89
Default Problems and potentials

Thanks for the sites Willi and JapLance. Now all I need is a listing of the ships in the harbor and we're good to go. So far all we have to go on are the Norse tanker Sagona, the British Queen Elizabeth and Valiant of course, the cruiser Euryalus and the DD Jervis (K class, please, please, please, please!) as well as the decommed French BB Lorraine. I can fix up a harbor setup with the map you provided (though a larger map of Alex at the time would help too).

Problem though - I'm running SH2 with Project Messerwetzer now and again I cannot get the SLC to run in SH2. It appears fine in DC but there seems to be something wrong with it in SH2. Could it be a matter of textures or something in the model? It's not the UDF file definitely. Are there other textures I need to install?

As for the Mountbatten yards, I'm still working on several versions of the 1923 torpedo boat before moving on to other stuff.

Nice work on the Southamptons. I don't see why we can't have all of them

By the way, Bruno, would you have any info as to general schemes for RN warships by time period and theater? Like the Western Approaches would be different from the Med which would be different from Scapa Flow.

Cheers,
Mountbatten
GlowwormGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 07:16 PM   #125
Bruno Lotse
Sonar Guy

@Mountbatten
Have you tried this book?

http://rapidshare.de/files/16636478/....camo.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16639552/....camo.z02.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16641992/....camo.z03.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/16644600/....camo.z01.html

Good place to start. There are a short article on RN camo schema used in various periods of WW2 in in various theaters.
Well. there is also schema called
Mountbatten pink :rotfl:
No kidding...
Old 04-05-06, 07:34 PM   #126
Bruno Lotse
Sonar Guy

Default Re: Problems and potentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowwormGuy
Problem though - I'm running SH2 with Project Messerwetzer now and again I cannot get the SLC to run in SH2.
Mod Alfa Tau has Italian midgit subs. I guess it would be fun to visit Alexandria aboard of one of those small but deadly beauties. Plus when you riding majale the only outcome is surrender, when you are in a midgit sub you can escape having your nasty work done:hmm:

Quote:
Nice work on the Southamptons. I don't see why we can't have all of them
I do agree. Southampton, Shefield, Manchester. All of them were there. Southampton and Manchester are still there...

Nice picture of HMS Glasgow (yet another Town class)
http://uboat.net/allies/warships/ship/1229.html
Old 04-05-06, 07:53 PM   #127
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Hopefully we can - I need to get the SLC to work first! The file I'm using is the one posted here last week.

Mountbatten
Old 04-06-06, 01:03 AM   #128
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I didn't find problems to run the SLC, apart from being painfully slooooow .
Old 04-06-06, 02:57 AM   #129
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The link for the Southampton repaint:

Southampton repaint
Old 04-06-06, 06:38 PM   #130
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Default noneappearance of SLC

It's very very strange as the SLC appears fine in Destroyer Command. Are there any additional files besides the ones posted that will be needed to run it? I really don't know what's up - as I said, I'm running it on SH2 with Project Messerwetzer (but not Alfa Tau or Pacific Aces or anything like that installed.)

Mountbatten
Old 04-07-06, 02:17 AM   #131
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Re: noneappearance of SLC

Quote:
It's very very strange as the SLC appears fine in Destroyer Command. Are there any additional files besides the ones posted that will be needed to run it? I really don't know what's up - as I said, I'm running it on SH2 with Project Messerwetzer (but not Alfa Tau or Pacific Aces or anything like that installed.)

Mountbatten
I use it in SH2, but only the model+associated UDF, not the rest of TGA's for gauges and damage room. Can't help you anymore, as my SH2 is a mess of added mods.

What I usually do to install anything is to extract it to a temporary folder, and manually move the files to the required folders. I added Alfa Tau ships this way, and now the Maiale, without problems.
Old 04-07-06, 05:37 AM   #132
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Alright will try it again though I do fear there may be a problem somewhere with my install and the model. Will try and post the error message hopefully it sheds some light on it.

Many thanks,
Mountbatten
Old 04-07-06, 07:33 PM   #133
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Default deviant behavior

Okay here's the weird thing - the SLC works 'in game' and in the viewer but when I try and look at it in the preview window in SH2 that's what crashes the game. Otherwise working fine! The thing is, the UDF of the SLC (with appropriate modification) apparently has, surprisingly, also solved the problem of the Japanese midget sub. While I'm not complaining I'm really weirded out about the relationship of model and udf to the in game behavior of the ships. Right now I've got a nice little midget fleet - the British X Craft (using the German mini-sub model), the Italian SLC and CB (CB does not seem to want to run in game either, it gives me a Unit Error message), Japanese Midget Sub and of course the German vessels. Strange thing is when I used the X-Craft UDF (with appropriate modification) with the IJN Midget it would very easily roll over - even underwater - and when it oscillated too far the game would crash. Now - same model but with SLC UDF - the problem seems to have vanished! Strange, strange, strange (but then I'm not complaining - it works!)

Thanks very much to Willi, Canarb and the amazing Italian shipyards!

Mountbatten
Old 04-08-06, 01:36 PM   #134
willi
Watch

Downloads: 0

On my computer the small sub "CB" works correctly, also in the preview window (SH2 game).
Nevertheless it is not possible to get a satisfactory enlargement of the image in the menĂą F12.

The appearance of the model in the preview window can depend on the presence or less of the same model in the database "UnitsIt.db."

I have found an interesting image - map of the harbor of Alexandria.
I will send it as soon as possible.
I believe that there is a problem to carry out the model of harbor of Alexandria that it resembles to the original one.
willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 10:05 PM   #135
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

The map actually has the physical parts of the coastline of 'Alex' modelled pretty well - that half-moon curve is there all that is needed is a long breakwater. I'll see what I can do about that. Perhaps another thing that you chaps could look into would be some 'facilities' and stuff to give 'atmosphere' to the map. You have my 'bases' mod right? I've been able to cobble together accurate layouts for Dunkirk, Malta and if I can find a map of Alex I can do that too. Of course it just uses the stock stuff. By the way would you have available a set of those Italian ports - just the ports - so I can incorporate your superb (may I say superior?) designs in the bases set? If bases can't be DL'd I'll repost for everyone's benefit.

Best wishes,
Mountbatten