SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-09, 07:59 PM   #76
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

If I survive the night and we miss tomorrow it'll be:

Quote:
Night 6: A group of RAF Bomber Command Lancasters flatten the village and base after someone provides them with a brilliantly fiery target...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 08:00 PM   #77
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
If I had my way about it.
Day 6 Swarm of killer bees enters bar. while everyone is in there drunk.

I wasnt gonna let youall shoot me. lol that would give you too much pleasure. (id perfer youall would find me tore up by someone (I think its cause I missed 2 killings.) Or I would have shot myself... (but being torn up is fine with me... at least they didnt get to see me in my wolf form.)
Well you'd be okay....there are age restrictions on bars
(Im dead, im fine ither way. lol.)
Old 02-13-09, 08:02 PM   #78
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
If I survive the night and we miss tomorrow it'll be:

Quote:
Night 6: A group of RAF Bomber Command Lancasters flatten the village and base after someone provides them with a brilliantly fiery target...
(I already thought of that idea, been thinking of fowarding the Idea to neal.:rotfl:
Old 02-13-09, 08:08 PM   #79
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
If I had my way about it.
Day 6 Swarm of killer bees enters bar. while everyone is in there drunk.

I wasnt gonna let youall shoot me. lol that would give you too much pleasure. (id perfer youall would find me tore up by someone (I think its cause I missed 2 killings.) Or I would have shot myself... (but being torn up is fine with me... at least they didnt get to see me in my wolf form.)
Well you'd be okay....there are age restrictions on bars
(Im dead, im fine ither way. lol.)
How can that be....your posting quicker than a speed typist....you've reached olympic standard.:rotfl:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 08:09 PM   #80
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Dem typin classes as school paid off.:rotfl:
Old 02-13-09, 09:19 PM   #81
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

The next game should be about an allied bomber crew bailing out over the village, plus whoever survived the game. I think it would be a fitting premise

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 09:50 PM   #82
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Yea I realy enjoyed the game.
Old 02-13-09, 10:03 PM   #83
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Quick repost. For anyone who missed most things.

Insanity of my beloved character aside, here is the complete list

Day 0 (Before the thread started)
Gus -- Town officer -- Ripped apart by "something"

Neal's hard-coded activities on Day 1
Escape is impossible, all players are cut off from Trondheim.
Gus found by fuel tanks
Existing animosity between military personnel and townspeople

Player's activities
No one cares enough to not drink themselves silly, except for Penelope_Grey who is disgusted by the lack of concern, and especially fed up with Firewall who makes a fool of himself in the corner.
Oberst Chad doesn't really do anything.
SandyCaesar returns from fishing to find a much more melancholy village, but still goes to the pub for a drink
Letum and UnderseaLcpl discuss things without tripping over their own words.
Chad quickly regains control of the situation and issues orders.
Task Force ambles over to the bar/inn. Half the town is there already.
NealT acts like a stereotypical fisherman
Laufen zum Ziel is the first to actually start playing the game and cast suspicions, mostly involving SandyCaesar
Weiss Pinguin wakes up with a hangover
A Very Super Market scares himself silly and hides in the inn bathroom
Raptor1 inspects the submarine
Absolutely nothing accomplished on Day 1

Night 1
Firewall remarks on Task Force's random wanderings
A Very Super Market misses guard duty
Mayor Contact goes home
Xabbarus, Letum, JCwolf, lesrae, Oberon, Raptor1 are all at the bar, which is promptly closed by Penelope_Grey
Jimbuna appears and inspects his men, then goes to bed.
Hauptmann Hitman reports to the Oberst
Business is done by the Guardians, Seers and Werewolves.
Raptor1 is found disintegrated into many pieces
Letum is tangled in the wire, comatose and beaten

Day 2

Nokia wakes up to find the state of chaos the town is in, then promptly accused by Penelope_Grey
Laufen zum Ziel begins to question why Letum has inexplicably survived
And inspection of Letum brings no clear results.
The werewolf "myths" are starting to be announced
mookiemookie is beginning to suspect the camp personnel
The men start to contemplate bringing hand grenades with them on patrol

Day 2 lynching
Penelope_Grey votes for Firewall
Firewall votes for Jimbuna
A Very Super Market votes for Letum, then changes is it to Contact after some prodding from Chad, who also votes for Contact
Oberon votes for NealTthen also changes to Contact
SandyCaesar suprises the town with a vote for Contact
Laufen zum Ziel votes for Nokia
Hitman votes for Contact with a fake seer report. Absolutely no one (Maybe Penelope did) notices, and he lives until Day 5. Oops
XabbaRus votes for Nokia
UnderseaLcpl votes for Contact
NealT votes for Penelope_Grey who quickly denies it.
Contact attempts to defend himself by calling to lynch Chad
mookiemookie also suprises his fellow Norwegians by voting for Contact
Gorduz suddenly pops out of nowhere and votes Contact
Jimbuna votes to euthanize Letum and doesn't change his vote
Fincuan defends his captain's honour by voting Firewall

And obviously, Contact was found guilty and executed. Only after did we discover that he was a Guardian.

Rest of Day 2
Raptor1's spirit returns to inject some roleplaying.

Night 2
Fincuan and Laufen zum Ziel are found disembodied near the Eastern watch tower
Nokia is found with a makeshift tracheotomy
I think this is the night when I turned into a Guardian-Seer. And then I lost it next night. *Sigh

Day 3
Oberon fishes around a well for, um, no reason in particular, and finds Lesrae's dead, deceased corpse. Suicide, most likely, because he was still in one piece. Oberon also fixes the broken searchlight and fortifies the east tower. Oberon does more work than anyone 'round here
JCwolf types several essays of his ramblings, and describes his dreams, conflict, and inner emotion in an act of brilliance that no one really compliments. Oh well. He is rather suspicious though.
The camp personnel begin to suspect Gorduz who's only appearance during the day is described by Jimbuna
Weiss Pinguin stops drinking his milk. I need to include him somehow
UnderseaLcpl begins to examine lesrae determining that he is dead and shot. Letum lies lonely in the corner, deprived of blood due to the Sergeant Major forgetting that type-O would be fine for any tranfusion.
Task Force is hard at work trying to repair the boat.
Raptor1 returns once again to tell Task Force of his mechanical mistakes. Raptor1 also forgets to mention who killed him. Raptor1 is doing a poor job at being dead.
Jimbuna also decides to scare the dickens out of his crew. The brass in this town are not exactly "Up-and-at-'em"
Like Chad who hasn't posted any orders. Whoop, never mind, he quickly figures out beforehand that lesrae was missing.

Day 3 Lynching
UnderseaLcpl starts it off with a vote for the ever-absent Gorduz
XabbaRus does the obvious thing, and votes for JCwolf. That's not dramatic!
mookiemookie also votes JCwolf
Aramike abstains. Like a wuss. Not really, it was a good choice. But it's not like somebody won't get lynched, people!
Stabiz votes for UnderseaLcpl
Oberon questions Firewall's wherabouts, but decides on Gorduz
JCwolf votes for Firewall for very unclear reasons, then Gorduz still for very unclear reasons.
Task Force gives in to his suspicions, and votes JCwolf
Penelope_Grey votes for Firewall but realizes that he didn't mess up the bar today, and changes to Letum
NealT votes for JCwolf
Nisgeis votes for Penelope_Grey
Chad votes for Gorduz
SandyCaesar abstains, and expresses his disbelief that Letum is a werewolf.
A Very Super Market votes for Gorduz, but makes his displeasure at guard duty very obvious whilst doing so. He also points out a plot error. Neal is presumably displeased
Hitman votes Gorduz
Firewall votes NealT
Gorduz appears and votes JCwolf
Weiss Pinguin votes Gorduz
Jimbuna once again votes to euthanize Letum

And obviously, Gorduz is executed, though by who we don't know. It is revealed that he took poor care of his teeth, or had parents with unfortunate orthodontic situations. At least he wasn't a guardian.

Rest of Day 3
Letum wakes up, causing A Very Super Market to faint, then wakes up again, then gets scared of the fortified tower, then runs to the infirmary, then faints again when he sees the previously comatose, but still in-pain Letum.
UnderseaLcpl and JCwolf reach Letum before that, and attempt to calm him down.
And mookiemookie does that as well.
The evening is basically centered on Letum
Chad and A Very Super Market spend the night in the officers mess. Its nice.

Night 3
Looks like we were wrong about everything, or maybe just unlucky. 4 deaths
JCwolf and UnderseaLcpl are in the infirmary or something. Oh yeah, and they're dead. Can't forget that
NealT is found outside the enlisted bunks, dead. Obviously
Stabiz is dead. He actually died first, but no one was even mentioned his death in the thread yet. Weird. And suspicious...

Day 4
Brits and Spaniards do their stuff. I miss it all, and have to read 5 pages of text (including a huge speech by Penelope_Grey) at 6:00 in the morning. I wish I didn't post that motivating message about waking up.
Oberon gets to work early (As always) and quickly finds the bodies. Then, he forgets about them and goes to the school. Oh, no reason.
A Very Super Market wakes up, smells the corpse of NealT and runs outside. His shoes are now covered in blood. Those werewolves need to clean up after themselves! Then, he runs to the infirmary, where there is even more blood. Weird how the werewolf killed the guardian and buff Sergeant Major, but not half-dead Letum. Very strange indeed...
Penelope_Grey and Oberon talk, apparently forgetting about the bodies that Super Market is crapping himself over.
Hitman hides his glee, and inspects the camp. And laps up some leftover blood. Eugh...
mookiemookie makes a lewd comment, then returns to normal.
Letum goes crazy, and then votes for himself. Gah! Stop being crazy! It doesn't help when we shoot you and you aren't even a wolf!
Chad informs the rest of the town of the news. Most are unimpressed. Ungrateful Norwegians....
Nisgeis pops up and votes for Letum. What an opportunist.
Oberon resigns from the army, so he can actually play the game and not just RP like crazy
Penelope_Grey makes one of her big speeches. There will be many more to come...
Town Crier makes his first appearance, and stresses everyone to the breaking point. I blame it all on him!
Aramike runs into the bar, drunk. With the blood of UnderseaLcpl and JCwolf. Hellhounds are scary guys...
Another opportunist! Task Force runs to the bar and votes Letum, then disappears again.
mookiemookie votes for Hitman. His posts are just not inherently funny. Makes my job tough enough...

Letum is lynched, but he argues about it. Make up your mind! Too late, we shot him. And he isn't a werewolf. Woo.

Night 4
Task Force is revealed to be a werewolf, but another one eats him. I was suprised too. No word on who ate him, but I assume that Neal felt bad for the humans and broke the rules to kill a werewolf.
Chad is guarded by A Very Super Market who is in turn guarded by mookiemookie a hellhound attempts to eat them all, but only gets the colonel. Lovely, we've lost more leadership, no matter the actual number of people who listen to him. Which numbers to like, 2 people.
SandyCaesar is out on his boat. Even normal wolves can swim. You know what comes after. Odd how no one on the U-boot notices the guttural screams in Norwegian, or how the watch officers can possibly not see it happen.

Day 5
More drama from the Brits. Hitman is a Spaniard, but he is also a werewolf. Oops, did I spoil the ending already? Sorry. Either way, I miss it all, and can only vote Aramike after everyone does their stuff.
Nisgeis votes for A Very Super Market, which freaks the bejeezus out of me, but changes to Hitman. I'm relieved. Alright, real news.
Hitman (Who's a wolf btw) attempts to lose suspicion by pulling stuff out of his arse. Its very believable, but everyone is pretty sure he is a wolf now. He also votes Jimbuna
Oberon takes a nice walk in the forest and finds Task Force's remains. He doesn't realize that it is a werewolf's remains, but its okay, TF is dead.
Weiss Pinguin hears the news from... some nameless seaman (Neal, how come there are so many random people that don't die?) Sandycaesar is not even named, so I bet his ghost is real happy.
Penelope_Grey suspects Jimbuna. Just another day...
Neal Stevens (AKA Mr. Divine Being) uses his annoying alter-ego of the Town Crier to update the death list. I hate that guy already. We should lynch him, but no one ever does...
Jimbuna rapidly defends himself by accusing everybody else. Then he votes Penelope_Grey. Like that hasn't happened before.
Penelope_Grey makes no huge essay, and votes Hitman. She actually has a very solid reason for doing that, but I didn't know until later. So it was very suspicious. But part of her plan. I'm really not working hard enough in this game.
Weiss Pinguin defendeth me from Nisgeis. I'm fairly certain that Nisgeis is a wolf now, for the painfully strange guardian lynching accusations.
Aramike (Monsieur 'Ell'Ound) votes Hitman, perhaps thinking we just got it wrong again. I dunno, we should ask him.
Hitman reveals himself to be an aristocrat. Weird, I thought he made a post early on about his character being a 1WO. Oh well
Sandycaesar arrive from the grave to make a comment thats actually within context. It mentions Hitman pretending to be a seer on Day 1. Even I missed that.
A Very Super Market votes for Aramike. In hindsight, that was a really bad move, but he doesn't go after me. Phew.

And so, Hitman is shot many times, without dying. Did we have a backup plan? Yes. Silver met heart in a touching encounter, and the evil werewolf fell to the ground. Dead. I didn't need to mention that did I?

Rest of Day 5
Everyone (Well, sorta) is happy that a Werewolf finally died.
Weiss Pinguin attempts to confuse me by "admitting" to have been attacked. My brain melted for a while at that point.
FIREWALL has disappeared for while. Not sure where he is, but he will die soon. He is also a werewolf. Things don't look do good right now...

Night 5
In a significantly shorter description (:P), Oberon and FIREWALL are dead. Nisgeis killed FIREWALL, as well as Task Force, so it really is just bad luck. Better for the humans I guess. Oberon was not a wolf though, and I am saddened by his death. Now no one will fortify the watch tower even further. I can't do anything, my nerves have gone to pieces.

Day 6
Jimbuna is blissfully unaware of FIREWALL being a werewolf. Or maybe he is, and he is RPing well.
A Very Super Market snaps (Finally) and votes for Aramike 8 hours ahead of schedule. I was more than a bit tired that day.
Jimbuna half-accuses me. The nerve! Then he makes a comment about Nokia's name. The rascal! Then he talks with Penelope_Grey in private. That scoundrel! But he isn't a werewolf, so I let it sliiiide.
Weiss Pinguin moseys down over to the bar, and is immediately threatened by Penelope_Grey. With a knife. Presumably, he's terrified. I am too. Weird how XabbaRus is allowed to shoot himself (In a crowded are, no less) but we can't just stab whoever we think is a wolf.
Aramike tries to escape his execution by accusing me. He's wrong on a lot of counts, since I spent more time hiding in my tower than interrogating people.
mookiemookie votes for Aramike. I can't really make fun of his post.
Penelope_Grey shows everyone her ambition to become rich and develops her character. To me, it just seems like asking Neal to strike you down for dramatic purposes. Actually, that would be pretty cool.
Nisgeis makes the funniest post in a long time, and I have to quote it
"This is like this game of chess, except you don't know what the pieces are, where they are or how they move, there's also no board and you're wearing boxing gloves. And it's pitch black. And you're dead"
Jimbuna goes outside and farts. I was worrying about him for a while, then I realized that in Brit time, it was 12:00. Understandable. Then he votes Aramike. Hoorays!
Nisgeis votes Aramike. Its a smart choice, since there is no saving him now, but he is still distrusted. He is also technically late. And fashionably late as well. Being a werewolf is tough on your clothes y'know, and Nisgeis knows how to present himself well.

And so, Aramike is strung up, shot a few times, then silver bulleted. A touching monologue is delivered, perhaps ruined only by the lingering stench of Jimbuna's fart. I'm not sure how Aramike went through a whole patrol without going werewolf and killing the U-boot, but maybe he was just too tired to or something.

Night 6
Jimbuna and Penelope_Grey discuss for a while, then retire.
One of the lesser ones (:P) comes to pay a visit. The combined force of the dead guys' ghosts drives him off. On the ground, we HEAR NOTHING, SEE NOTHING, and KNOW NOTHING!!!
Weiss Pinguin writes a post that could be easily misconstrued. OR easily understood! The fiend!
Oh, and no one dies. A shocker, I know. Nisgeis was attacking guardians. I thought it was pretty obvious that mookiemookie and I were undefeatable right now, but experimentation is how progress is made, huh?

Day 7
The posts have decreased quite a bit. Mostly because the most rampant posters had been killed off. Except Jimbuna! Oh, I kid, I kid.
Weiss Pinguin makes himself a target. Thats a really bad thing. What were you thinking mate? He also gets a werewolf on his side. It isn't helping. Later, he votes Penelope_Grey. Good drama, but I worry for him
Penelope_Grey quickly pounces (Werewolf pun!) and votes Weiss Pinguin. Danger zone! Danger zone!
Jimbuna misunderstands my comment on the Town Crier, and accuses him but doesn't vote. Weiss Pinguin, that is. That Town Crier should be lynched though...
Task Force intrudes, and Jimbuna tells him off. The meanie! He still hasn't voted too, so its maddeningly frustrating.
Nisgeis votes Penelope_Grey no idea why he doesn't just kill Pinguin or someone during the night, since he won't have anyone guarding him.
mookiemookie saves Penelope_Grey by voting Weiss Pinguin. Methinks Jimbuna was going to do that 1 minute before the lynching.
Oh, and Jimbuna burns Mrs. Jimbuna's foot. Significant problems will ensue, I believe.
A Very Super Market misses the vote completely. Just as well, since I would have voted Weiss Pinguin, but we still would have won.

And so, the lynching pole lies dejected, saddened by the lack of company it had enjoyed so happily the last 5 days.

Night 7
Nothing happens. Again. BORING ME SO MUCH. I will use this space to point out a typo by Neal, exaberated by his using of large font
"One hour until Night, note now!!"
His exact words, ladies and gentlemen. :P

Day 8
We is all happy from the not dying. Except for me. I spent the night in the tower again. I'm starving. I think I would have died after the game ended.
Town Crier once again crawls from his hole to post up a notice.
Weiss Pinguin votes for me. I hear him. I am displeased. He really isn't making things better for himself by voting to lynch a guardian.
Penelope_Grey vehemently accuses Nisgeis, then changes to Nisgeis. It was a weird occurence.
Jimbuna doesn't vote. Again. The cheat!
mookiemookie votes for Weiss Pinguin. Then he votes Nisgeis. IS THIS INDECISION? Nope, just wanting to end it already.
Jimbuna lives for action, and votes for Weiss Pinguin. This is getting ridiculous.
But A Very Super Market saves the day! I swoop in and vote Nisgeis, ruining the werewolf's plans, as well as Jim's. Mwahaha

And so, Neal scares the pee out of me with the scariest image he has posted yet. Jimbuna is missing. Penelope has locked herself up. I'm still completely off my rocker. Weiss Pinguin and mookiemookie are the only executioners. Luckily, Nisgeis is perfectly resigned to his fate, and goes willingly. Neal's will, most likely. The shots ring out, and everyone is satisfied. It seems that the rest of the village and U-boot have been asleep this whole time, but it undoubtedly wakes them up, and they will be curious to know why 22 of them are dead. And why there is no garrison. Presumably, chaos erupts, and Neal chuckles at what a morbid ending he has written.

And thats it!

Last edited by A Very Super Market; 02-17-09 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 10:13 PM   #84
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Good Superpost AVSM.
Old 02-13-09, 10:20 PM   #85
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
Q
Task Force is revealed to be a werewolf, but another one eats him. I was suprised too. No word on who ate him, but I assume that Neal felt bad for the humans and broke the rules to kill a werewolf.
Absolutely not. It was bound to happen as the total population decreased, the werewolves were more likely to kill one of their own.

Great summary, by the way
Old 02-13-09, 10:28 PM   #86
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Thanks, but I thought you posted in the rules that a werewolf's attack would fail if he tried to kill another werewolf?

Old 02-13-09, 10:50 PM   #87
StdDev
Legend of the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
Thanks, but I thought you posted in the rules that a werewolf's attack would fail if he tried to kill another werewolf?
I was under the same impression!
... maybe TF was a lesser kind of wolf... a "subwolf" !?
StdDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 10:56 PM   #88
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Nope, I think he stated that werewolves could kill other werewolves. Or maybe just hellhounds.

Quote:
Weiss Pinguin wakes up with a hangover
Yay someone noticed Also I did actually help carry Lesrae around Vanvikan on day 3, which was quite disgusting.
Old 02-13-09, 11:12 PM   #89
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Lol, aaahh. I think we lost a peice of him back there.:rotfl:

I believe it was a hellhound that killed me. (I knew I should have attacked someone last night.) But I wanted to try to keep off the radar. but... (should have made a better ending while I was in the forest.)
Old 02-14-09, 02:22 AM   #90
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I assume that Neal felt bad for the humans and broke the rules to kill a werewolf.
Yes, Neal is actually cheating, he changed the rules

He said in post #36 of this thread:

Quote:
The only way to kill a werewolf is by voting to kill someone in the day and he turns out to be a werewolf.
but then he changed that in post #120 to:

Quote:
If werewolf #1 attacks werewolf #2, then ww#2 is dead.
Bear in mind that werewolves can kill other wolves, if they aren't careful.
I had noticed that but I didn't say anything, else someone would already suspect by then what I really was

We should have voted lynching Neal, he is the one who is having most fun of all this....now I can understand why God created this world and all of us, it sure is entertaining when you know everything and are just watching and changing the rules to suit your preferences for the end of the story