SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-12, 10:06 PM   #1066
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

The TB-23 was added in version 3.00 as the starboard array (stock DW has two TB-16s). There is no version of the mod with the TB-23 on the port side.

The current package includes a platform/weapon reference guide.
Old 04-04-12, 06:58 AM   #1067
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
New users generally don't mess with DWEdit. But it's actually rather simple, and this task in particular should be fairly straightforward.

First, make a backup of the mod database. Just copy and paste the database folder someplace safe.

If you don't have DWEdit (and why would you, unless you're a modder), it's available at subguru. The mast dialog page is accessed through the icon with the black symbol that looks sort of like an old train's locomotive. From there you'd select the mast you wanted to change, e.g. "688I TA Stb" and double click the name to populate the entry. One of the fields that would be filled in with a reference to a sensor, such as "688 TB-23." I haven't done this part before, but I'd imagine if you double clicked that field a window would come up allowing you to select any of the sensors in the database, so you'd select 688 TB-16 and click OK. Then you'd click Apply to write the changes to the DB, repeat for the port array, and click the Save icon to overwrite the old DB.
Already try it to swap the data on mast dialog, but it's only change the name/label but not the sensor it self. Since the sensor performance it self is control trough the sensors dialog (Am my right or wrong here...??? since I don't have the slightest clue of what all those numbers on sensor dialog meaning for)
Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but by swapping the value on mast dialog I only managed to change the name/label but the sensor still TB16 on the portside unless the value on sensors dialog is swap too

Is there any LWAMI 3.11 with object.eod with TB16 on the starboard side..?? or could someone please create it..??
arief.satriyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 11:04 PM   #1068
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

If you have a database with the TB-16 on the starboard side, it is not LWAMI 3.11 anymore. It is a "new" mod. That may seem nitpicky, but if you're trying to join a multiplayer session, it matters.

On changing the sensors. I was wrong about the mast's sensor assignment being on the mast dialog. It's actually on the sensor dialog, on the top of the page, over toward the right. The data shown on the mast dialog just displays what sensor was assigned to the mast via the sensor dialog page.
Old 04-06-12, 10:06 AM   #1069
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

sensors dialog

is there any change someone teach me how to do sensors sweep
Since I had no intention to join multiplayer internet game anyway, but I do intent to play multistation on LAN
Old 04-06-12, 06:33 PM   #1070
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

On the sensors page, select the 688I TB16 by double clicking it from the menu on the left. At the top of the page, toward the right, there is a drop-down for masts. From there, select 688I Stb TA. Click Apply to save the changes. Repeat for the 688I TB23, but select 688I Port TA instead. After the changes (and after making sure you've backed up the original database somewhere) click save from the main window.

That's it.
Old 04-09-12, 10:27 AM   #1071
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:
On the sensors page, select the 688I TB16 by double clicking it from the menu on the left. At the top of the page, toward the right, there is a drop-down for masts. From there, select 688I Stb TA. Click Apply to save the changes. Repeat for the 688I TB23, but select 688I Port TA instead. After the changes (and after making sure you've backed up the original database somewhere) click save from the main window.

That's it.
BTW you still need to swap the mast assignment in mast dialog box too because swapping the sensors did swap the sensors but the graphics representation still control by mast dialog.
This modding stuff look fun just need to learn one step at a time.
Old 04-09-12, 10:55 AM   #1072
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:

That's it.
Just check the result of swapping the mast and sensor assignment, still doesn't work. It's still TB-23 on starboard side
Any idea where I get it wrong (I swap the sensor on sensors dialog box and swap the value on mast dialog box)
Old 04-10-12, 07:48 PM   #1073
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

I talked to Luftwolf about it, he thinks the sensor assignments are hardcoded because it involves a playable platform, so there is no way to do it other than changing the sensor specifications. Tedious, but doable.
Old 04-13-12, 12:37 PM   #1074
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:
I talked to Luftwolf about it, he thinks the sensor assignments are hardcoded because it involves a playable platform, so there is no way to do it other than changing the sensor specifications. Tedious, but doable.
Ok thank's for the info Molon , ok so how do I change the sensor specifications anyway...???
Old 04-13-12, 10:57 PM   #1075
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Sensor dialog.
Old 04-14-12, 08:26 AM   #1076
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:
Sensor dialog.
yeah ... I did swap both sensors dialog and the mast dialog (as I already told on previous post) before with no result (and I did not forget to save the change either)
When I swap the TA on sensors dialog the graphic representation remain unchanged (TB23 on starboard) and so I decide to swap the values in mast dialog and it's still doesn't work.
How do you guys did the swap in the first place anyway..?? If it's hardcoded and how come it can be swap on the first place Why it's so difficult now to return it to the original placing
Old 04-14-12, 09:40 AM   #1077
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Like I said, you can't swap them, you have to just change the specifications. (So instead of moving a sensor, you change the sensor) LW initially changed it by changing one of the two TB-16s into a TB-23 (name, sensitivity, possibly length).
Old 04-17-12, 02:04 AM   #1078
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

Quote:
Like I said, you can't swap them, you have to just change the specifications. (So instead of moving a sensor, you change the sensor) LW initially changed it by changing one of the two TB-16s into a TB-23 (name, sensitivity, possibly length).
Thanks for the info I'm going to give it a try .
BTW I read your post somewhere in this forum which mentioning about giving the sphere sonar array ability to determine contact depth. When that feature will be implement on LWAMI..?? It's going to be great feature something I'm waiting for since the day of Jane's 688(i) H/K, although I realize the performance will not be the same as that in R/L (since it's classified and if you ask any submariner and got "If I told You and I have to Kill You" answer will not be surprising) but it will give more in game immersion experience.
Old 04-17-12, 06:59 AM   #1079
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Something like that would require a redesign of the acoustic environment model, or at least sensor functioning. We just do database and doctrine work here.
Old 04-20-12, 11:27 PM   #1080
arief.satriyo
Sailor man

unable to assign sonar tracker

I just playing DW with LwAmi less then a month and so far I've been using otto (autocrew) for most part (I still try to understand all FFG-7 stations functions), then I decide to drive sub again without otto, but I found something strange that I can't assign a sonar tracker on Narrowband since I have to switch back to Broadband and assign the tracker there sometime is get worse I can't assign sonar tracker on both the broadband and narrowband despite there's 2 line of frequency on narrowband.
Is this a problem on the sim engine or is has something to do with the mod