SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-07, 12:11 AM   #946
Bospor
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I am guessing I asked a very noobish question or something...

Well I hope people still visit this forum cause I have another question. My computer had crashed and I had to re-install everything. I have re-installed DW and updated it with the latest patch. Then I extracted LuftWolf and Amizaur mod into the main folder of DW. Ran the installation and had chosen all the mods to be added by that little program that pops up when you done (the SSN, P3, FFG, Kegetys, etc). Now when I am running the DW the main picture changes to a new picture with Seawolfe coming out of the computer screen. BUT... when I go into editor and add subs, I am getting old DW models instead of new LW and A mod models (like Delta4, Oscar 2). Seems like the mod is there, but why don't I see the new models???
Bospor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-07, 04:35 AM   #947
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

What DW version do you have (especially language)?

As for the entries in the JSGME (the thing that pops up) you only have to activate the following entry : LwAmi_Mod

Everything else is optional. On top of that, you can only see the latest activated Splash Screen (LwAmi_Mod_Splash_*).

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-07, 10:10 AM   #948
Bospor
Watch

English (US) version of the game.
But I have activated ALL the modes, including LwAmi_Mod, so the models should show up. Is there some sort of interference between these different mods? Is that what's causing a problem? Also do I start a game from a regular shortcut icon on my desktop? Sometimes mods have to be started from their own icon. I used this mod about a month ago, but now I can't figure out what am I doing wrong!
Old 07-25-07, 11:16 AM   #949
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Given that you updated DW with Patch 1.04 and then used LwAmi 3.08 (Full Install) everything should work perfectly. The Installer for the Full version should find the DW main folder automatically, dont make any changes there unless you see its pointing to a different path. The only solution I can offer is to deinstall everything and start afresh.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-07, 12:55 PM   #950
Bospor
Watch

I have done it 3 times already with same results... I'll try it again tonight, but this time I would activate the mod only. Thanks for all your help anyway OS.
Old 07-26-07, 06:01 AM   #951
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bospor
I have done it 3 times already with same results... I'll try it again tonight, but this time I would activate the mod only. Thanks for all your help anyway OS.
Thats very strange in the sense that it happened one time to me also.
But right now, I have dw 1.04 with the latest lwami enabled and don't get the problem anymore when designing missions.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 11:02 AM   #952
Bospor
Watch

I figured it out! There is another icon that needs to be used, not the regular DW that gets placed on the desktop after installation. This mod has it's own icon to launch the game. I replaced the old one on the desktop and started the game via new icon, now everything works!
Old 07-31-07, 06:47 PM   #953
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bospor
I figured it out! There is another icon that needs to be used, not the regular DW that gets placed on the desktop after installation. This mod has it's own icon to launch the game. I replaced the old one on the desktop and started the game via new icon, now everything works!
I'm not sure about this, but as long as it is working on your machine, this is all that matters.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
David
Old 08-15-07, 07:32 PM   #954
Daylight
Nub

Downloads: 0

Last night I played my very first random mission with AkulaII A in DW and there were some really strange things happening during that game. I have installed the latest patch and the latest LWAMI 3.08 mod. I saw this all in replay so I don't know anything about bearings etc. First of all, nearly all my 65cm torpedoes, which I used against an enemy sub, worked really strange. They passed all the decoys the enemy sub laid and chased the enemy sub all the time and when it caught the sub it just circled it and started to chase it again until most likely its max range shut it down. They also seemed to be more sensitive to contacts than the normal, wired torpedoes. Is there any known bug in the torpedo homing doctorines in LWAMI 3.08? I don't know if this is a bug or is it supposed to happen this way but in the end of the game the computer which was some USA sub, accidentally killed himself with his own torpedo. The torpedo flew past my decoy, turned (and maybe ran through another decaoy laid by me, I don't remember) and hit the USA sub. Is this possible? =) I read LWAMI 3.08 mod's readme and I remember something about torpedoes and CM's in there but I didn't really understand what kind of bug is it and how is the game going to change if I change the value in the ini-file. And last but not least, I don't seem to be able to make any columns in this text. I'm sorry for the confusing pile of words but these forums just didn't let me do it properly Thanks for your help
Daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 11:08 PM   #955
To be
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 8

That would be because:

"65cm Torpedo-WEAPON ADDED-guidance sensor and doctrine changed to simulate 65-76 Wakehoming Hydrogen Peroxide-powered Torpedo (the type supposedly removed after the Kursk Incident). All specifications have been left the same except guidance-following the wakehome doctrine now-and the wire has been removed. The wire-guidance option has been disabled in-game, but we can't change the fire-control graphics, so you'll just have to remember that the A/P and search pattern buttons do nothing, and then the torpedo will continue in a straight line after it enables. Although you can launch the weapon deep, SET THE SEARCH DEPTH AT ~10m, depending on how lucky you feel that day. This weapon is only for ASuW and cannot be targeted at submerged contacts." --LWAMI 3.08 readme

Bolding is mine. The readme has a lot of helpful info beyond that, I recommend you read/re-read it.
To be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 11:41 PM   #956
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

As for the second issue you mentioned, it's entirely possible that a torp can chase decoys around and head back toward the shooting sub. That's what the wire and the "pre enable" and steering commands are for. The AI can't use wire guidance, so there isn't a damn thing they can do about it the torp ends up facing the wrong way.
Old 08-22-07, 01:01 AM   #957
To be
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 8
Air combat

I was wondering if anything can/will be done about air combat in the future. Right now it is completely unworkable, the carriers never launch anything, and fighters launch off all their missiles at ghost contacts. Is it possible to fix this through Doctrine scripting, and if so is it planned for LWAMI? Obviously this is a subsim, but having carrier groups that can defend themselves from bombers reasonably would be nice, especially when operating as part of a carrier group.
To be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-07, 12:22 PM   #958
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be
I was wondering if anything can/will be done about air combat in the future. Right now it is completely unworkable, the carriers never launch anything, and fighters launch off all their missiles at ghost contacts. Is it possible to fix this through Doctrine scripting, and if so is it planned for LWAMI? Obviously this is a subsim, but having carrier groups that can defend themselves from bombers reasonably would be nice, especially when operating as part of a carrier group.
Regrettably... air units are not subject to the doctrine constraints that are usable for undersea and to a less extent, surface units. Even worse, some air launched weapons even ignore some database constraints.

What this means is that virtual all air behavior is hard-coded in the NavalSimEngine, meaning that it is out of reach for us modders.

My best advice is for the mission designers to take care to make their air units work properly using scriping and triggers, as this is basically all that we can do to make them work in missions.

Cheers,
David
Old 08-22-07, 12:26 PM   #959
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be
Yes, the behaviour can be improved. My idea was/is to introduce doctrine files which belongs to a mission (->http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116912)

For example you can create an AEW patrol, which moves with the carrier, which cannot be accomplished in the mission editor.

As far as I'm remember you can improve the behaviour of fighter/missle behaviour ("firing on ghost objects") a little.

The main drawback is, that you cannot create a generic doctrine to improve certain things, like AEW patrol, because the scripts presuppose a fitting mission. See my other thread.

Unfortunately I've forgotten to backup my doctrines files before I've switched to Vista, else I would post some examples. But nevertheless I hope to start with a mission the next weekend and then I'll revisit that topic.

If there is some interest I can provide then some examples here or in the Wiki.
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-07, 01:36 PM   #960
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Of course, the DW doctrine and mission script system are meant to work together.

Ideally, mission designers would create their own doctrines that would be loaded into the sim for those specific missions... the complete set of database, doctrine, and mission file are created for each application of the sim in it's "contract" (government/military) form.

My knowledge of the mission creation system is limited, however, I see why both me and the mission designers would have an incomplete picture of what can be done, since it's all meant to be done as a single package.

Of course, in regards to the DW community, creating mission specific doctrines creates its own logistics problems...

In any case, if there is any general fix that I can incorporate into LWAMI, I'd love to see it, if such a thing were available.

Cheers,
David