SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-22, 06:20 PM   #346
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Hmm, alright I suppose I'll have to see about looking at the original tmo for the files.
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 01:59 AM   #347
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
First time for this experience.....Icebergs!!

when i attempted to use the external camera, it displayed nothing, probably because there was nothing to see.
scared the heck out of my lookouts because we were on our way back to Midway, in the middle of nowhere, and we get a surface contact.
Nice. Well they can be difficult to spot at night, especially if it is a smaller iceberg, but since they as classified as ships by the sim, if crew spotted it, it was there and SJ radar will detect them typically, especially the large bergs.

I am looking into making icebergs scenery like Sofu Gan or the wrecks at PH (well the wrecks are no longer scenery in the forthcoming version, so they appear/disappear at proper times)
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 04:57 AM   #348
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, there is a subnet to simulate the coral reef around midway, since it was not included in the game. The only channel (south) is marked by small tug boats for navigational purposes, since do no have buoys for SH 4. This was in the README file with the mod.

Yep, the one I read about the torpedoes and depth charges to see when to change them and forget to read all the thing!

Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 12:06 AM   #349
Xboxman523
Watch

I believe I've found a glitch, when I go through the japanese warships in the id booklet. When I go left from the starting ship and reach the Mutsuki class destroyer going left from there causes the game to crash.

I've tested this in the navigation and convoy tutorials.

I have attached my activated mods below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mod list.jpg (17.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-08-22, 01:21 AM   #350
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
I believe I've found a glitch, when I go through the japanese warships in the id booklet. When I go left from the starting ship and reach the Mutsuki class destroyer going left from there causes the game to crash.

Hmmm... strange, as with the exception of 2 mods (Gato Ladder &... that, PSM) I have those mods in My mix.

Just ran a test in the nav map training course... once in the sub, I opened up the Rec Man & went through the entirety of it, starting from the Yamato BB & scrolled through to the left from that until I got back to... the Yamato... & no CTD...

&....

I have more involved in My mix, than those you have... not saying that in any attempt to be bigger or badder than you because of having more mods... just a simple observation.

Downloaded that PSM, just to crack it open to take a gander at it... from what I can see of, is all sound bites... nothing that I can see of that messes with the more... important aspects, such as .zon & the like... so... that said, the only 1 I can think of that might... small chance, but... if there is a .00001% chance, it's still a chance... possible culprit may be the Gato Ladder mod. possibly... maybe... is the only 1 I can think of.

To narrow it down, if you haven't really got invested in a career yet... make a backup copy of the save folder... then go into save folder & in each folder in \data\cfg open them up, 1 at a time only.... select all files there in each & delete. Then, keep only the following 3 files in the Cfg folder... of:

GameplaySettings.cfg
GFXSettings.cfg
Main.cfg

delete the rest of the single files there.

Only thing you should have left by then, will be the folders inside the cfg folder & those 3 .cfg files...

After that, take & run jsgme, back out the mods til Gato Ladder mod is deactivated then reactive the rest of that list, leaving Gato Ladder out of the mix & rerun TMOverhauled... & then on load up, rerun a nav map training run... then roll back through the Rec Man & see.. if that CTD occurs yet again. If no CTD... then that would narrow it down to the culprit being the Gato Ladder mod. If the whole shebang crashes & burns, then... it clears it off the suspect list... & will have to see of finding which of the remaining mods it could be then.

Can rule out the 1st 5 in the list, outright.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 01:48 AM   #351
Xboxman523
Watch

I deactivated the gato ladder mod and it still crashed. Than I deactivated all the mods up to ShipsforTMO which adds the ship my computer crashes. It still crashed, Perhaps my computer is not able to load this ship cause its resource heavy or something? I also redownloaded the mod from subsim and it still crashed.
Old 01-08-22, 02:50 AM   #352
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I deactivated the gato ladder mod and it still crashed. Than I deactivated all the mods up to ShipsforTMO which adds the ship my computer crashes. It still crashed, Perhaps my computer is not able to load this ship cause its resource heavy or something? I also redownloaded the mod from subsim and it still crashed.
Ok... lets come at this in another direction... What's the source of your copy of SH4 & it's location, of just where you have SH4 installed at, 1st of all?

2ndly... before you ran SH4 it's very 1st time... you did go into "properties" of the SH4.exe, Yes.... In that menu, on the main "General" tab, of checking to ensure that the "write-only" box, was unchecked.? In addition, after clicking accept after making sure that SH4.exe, was set to be able to be overwritten... of going into the "Compatibility" tab, & ensuring that in the Settings section, that "Run this program, as an admin" box, was check marked & clicking accept, then Ok, to finalize that being done... Yes....

If so, then 1 last thing I can possibly consider would be... did you 4GB patch the .exe or like Me, liking it simpler... use Large Address Aware, to tell your computer to grant SH4's .exe, 4 Gigs access to RAM?

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 03:25 AM   #353
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

I checked and does not happen on my end. Your mod list looks fine.

Make sure you have a fresh install of SH 4. If you had a career previously and tried to continue after installing the TMO Update, you will need to start over. Make sure you delete the SH 4 folder in C:/documents.

Only time have ever had the CTD when using the rec manual for ijn ships is when did not have a "fresh" career, This is because numerous units in the update are changed from default TMO.

As Mad Mardigan said, make sure have the 4gig patch running as well. Mod will def CTD without 4gig patch.
Old 01-08-22, 03:45 AM   #354
Xboxman523
Watch

Hmm, I did uninstall sh4 the other day and didn't know to delete the documents stuff. That might be it! Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot!
Old 01-08-22, 04:32 AM   #355
Xboxman523
Watch

Well drat, it didn't work. I uninstalled the game and deleted everything and the document folders. I reinstalled the game and redid the 4gb patch. Still crashed on the same unknown ship.
For additional context I have the steam version and have it in program files (x86).
I kept the mod folder and put it back into the main folder so maybe that could be something but I don't know.
Old 01-08-22, 05:02 AM   #356
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Well drat, it didn't work. I uninstalled the game and deleted everything and the document folders. I reinstalled the game and redid the 4gb patch. Still crashed on the same unknown ship.
For additional context I have the steam version and have it in program files (x86).
I kept the mod folder and put it back into the main folder so maybe that could be something but I don't know.
Anything "games" related, & this includes "Steam" & any other games launcher, & it's games library (where games you either buy, or get free from them or are offered free to play, get installed by them. This includes not only Steam, but Ubi, Arc, Origin... on down the line... that flat out require you to install & have their launcher, running in order to play your ame/s...)... should NEVER be installed in either "C:\Program files" or "C:\Program files (x86)".

That is prime Window's rabid, pit bull watch dawg, aka UAC fife dom.

Meaning, UAC, will... invariably, undo any & all modifications that are done, to files, folders... in it's Vulcan, Darth Vader, King Kong, iron fisted death grip dictator control... in short.

And, modding SH4 (much less any other game, for that matter...) is, by Ipso DeFacto... tampering with & modifying, in its view. Pure & simple.

Am a "Steam" User... have "9" (would say 10... but that 1, the jury is still out on... ) copies of SH4 modded out... & residing inside of Steam's, games library... of course, I now have a 3 HD set up (2 internal & 1 ext. HD set up) to be quite frankly... about it. As for a 1 HD computer user, I do have a potential workaround solution... that I outlined for a fellow subsimmer... that I believe should in all likelihood, work... but can neither confirm or refute that... since I have not, & for some time now.. not had to rely on just 1 HD. So, have not been able to test it out for accurate or thorough... testing of it.

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 05:04 AM   #357
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

Ah, steam version has issues with mods sometimes from what I understand. I use the disk version so have no experience with steam version.

Should not be installed in (x86) either. Would advise to reinstall in C:/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 4
Old 01-08-22, 05:16 AM   #358
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Ah, steam version has issues with mods sometimes from what I understand. I use the disk version so have no experience with steam version.

Should not be installed in (x86) either. Would advise to reinstall in C:/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 4
Just had a thought...

Am checking to see, if a un-modded, certified by Steam copy, after install... can be copy/pasted outside of "Steam's" domain & dropped into a folder elsewhere... & definitely out of UAC's rabid pit bull reach, at that...

Stand by...

M. M.
Old 01-08-22, 05:22 AM   #359
Xboxman523
Watch

Quote:

Thanks, I'd hate for that to be reason I can't play your mod. I've only been doing tutorials so far, I want to try it out for real! I'll have to try that out later.
Old 01-08-22, 06:00 AM   #360
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Ok, can confirm that... I was able to copy from Steam... a certified, finalized SH4 set up... that included it being ran the 1st time... (through Steam) SH4 v1.5 unmodded virgin copy.

That said, there is another step needed, to get that copy... game guts copied then dropped into a folder set up in C:\ (& NOT in either of UAC's watch dawg territory, either...) in the following manner.

In C: do the following... (create new folder & name is "Games". (minus the " marks, mind you... )

In that folder, set up a new folder & name that "SH4". (Again... minus the " marks, mind you... )

In this folder, ear mark a new folder, aptly named, "pristine-SH4" (by now, shouldn't need to say... minus the " marks... )

After that's set up... drop paste the guts from Steam's SH4 copy, into pristine-SH4.

A subsimmer, named of Alx... did up a SH4.exe, that could be dropped in to replace the original SH4.exe, & as with Bl!tkre!g's SH3 Steam divorcer kit, bypass having to have Steam, to launch SH4.

Not sure if that is still available to find or not.

A work around may be... if you have KSD II or Niume's reworked KSD II, named KSD II: Ace... you may be able to use its .exe from it.

4, like SH3... (which was released in '05...) is 2 years behind 3, & likely... considered as Ubi does with 3... not worthy of their time... in essence.

Take that.. with a grain of salt.

I do have a more detailed work up, for staying inside of Steam's purview... but is late here for Me & am seriously tired... have stayed up beyond My capabilities & am fighting to stay awake to type this...

I can message after grabbing some z's.. & explain that outline, in more detail...

M. M.