SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-12, 01:16 PM   #976
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
@TDW

Quote:
- bug: cannot clone bone SQ_SQ_WP02_DOOR, gives unhandled exception: cannot convert bone to skeleton error
This is in /Submarine/Common/Rooms/Waypoints_Room_QR2.gr2 , sorry for not giving the file name in the first post, this is what happens when you do something at 3:30AM...

Thanks for lightning fast error corrections!
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 01:17 PM   #977
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post

and i have nothing change in the ambient, diffuse, or specular color of the light

Edit : and i have try with other colors ( or with the 3 settings in white) ,the lighting change.But,no bumpmaps !
I'm at a loss, I don't know why you are having problems Can anyone else view bump maps with lighting enabled?

If you go to the materials tab and try to view the texture used for the bump map can you view it? Is it black or is something rendered in the window?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 01:21 PM   #978
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Writing code for it as I speak Hopefully be done with it before end of today
Old 03-18-12, 01:24 PM   #979
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
@TDW

This is in /Submarine/Common/Rooms/Waypoints_Room_QR2.gr2 , sorry for not giving the file name in the first post, this is what happens when you do something at 3:30AM...

Thanks for lightning fast error corrections!
Have you tried cloning that bone with the new test version? I just tried it and it clones fine. I probably fixed the problem with the changes made in the last two test versions. Let me know if it's still a problem for you to clone it

The 'lightning fast corrections' only happens because you all report the errors Without the feedback I wouldn't know. The reason I release test versions so often is because I like to make a few small changes and maybe one big change and then let you all test it to see if I broke something. It's easier to fix the bugs/errors this way
Old 03-18-12, 01:32 PM   #980
Vanilla
Lieutenant

I did a quick check, here is what I've found (opened /Common/Rooms/Room_CT.gr2):
1. Enabled 3 lights (directional, point, spotlight) of different colours, all work.
2. Switched to 'Rendering' tab, unchecked 'Specular - Enabled', nothing changed, checked it back, suddenly all goes flooded with white light (the picture is there but it is all in like a light-white fog), appears that it is checked wrongly at the start(?).
3. Switched to programmable shaders, all went black. Disabled/enabled the lights, tried many other things, still all black unless I switch it back to fixed.
4. I am not sure how to check the bumpmap, but I see bumps in fixed shaders. Sorry for being silly, I don't really into 3d that much. Can do other checks if you tell me what to do.

Max # lights 10/3, status doesn't give any errors.
Old 03-18-12, 01:34 PM   #981
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I did a quick check, here is what I found (opened /Common/Rooms/Room_CT.gr2):
1. Enabled 3 lights (directional, point, spotlight) of different colours, all work.
2. Switched to 'Rendering' tab, unchecked 'Specular - Enabled', nothing changed, checked it back, suddenly all goes flooded with white light (the picture is there but it is all in like a light-white fog), appears that it is checked wrongly at the start(?).
3. Switched to programmable shaders, all went black. Disabled/enabled the lights, tried many other things, still all black.
4. I am not sure how to check the bumpmap, but I see bumps in fixed shaders. Sorry for being silly. Can do other checks if you tell me what to do.
Excellent, well not excellent because it appears you found a bug. Now I must see what's going on
Old 03-18-12, 01:37 PM   #982
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Exactly the same problem as Vanilla,with the no render BumpMaps after editing

I have a Radeon 59** serie

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 01:42 PM   #983
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I can't reproduce the above. Everything renders fine not matter what I select/unselect. The specular checkbox does seem to be 'backwards' from the start and I will fix that. But I can't reproduce this blackness rendering...try this when you get blackness rendering click Shaders-->Recompile.

When you unzip the new test versions you are using the new included Shaders folder also correct?

Maybe a clue is in the video card...Vanilla what kind of video card do you have? I have an nVidia 590
Old 03-18-12, 01:43 PM   #984
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Exactly the same problem as Vanilla,with the no render BumpMaps after editing

I have a Radeon 59** serie
@BIGREG,

I don't like silly questions myself, but please tell me your modding: will it be possible, providing we 'rename' all the textures, replace those silly plaques in the E-machine room? I mean things like word 'range' over all the volt- and ammeters there?
Old 03-18-12, 01:45 PM   #985
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

What video card are you using Vanilla?

Here's something to try also: when the 'blackness' appears uncheck Bump map enabled under Rendering tab and see what happens
Old 03-18-12, 01:49 PM   #986
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Recompile didn't work, but that reminded me of one thing: I actually tried that yesterday on my laptop, I mean changing from fixed shaders to programmable, and you know what, I remember for sure that it worked, I mean I saw exactly the same picture after enabling 'programmable' and recompiling the shaders. My laptop has NVidia card, my desktop I did the last test on has ATI card, maybe that is the problem?
Old 03-18-12, 01:51 PM   #987
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Tried recompiling with Specular disabled/enabled, with Bumpmap enable/disabled to no avail, still black, sorry.
Old 03-18-12, 01:52 PM   #988
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

[Quote :] I don't like silly questions myself, but please tell me your modding: will it be possible, providing we 'rename' all the textures, replace those silly plaques in the E-machine room? I mean things like word 'range' over all the volt- and ammeters there?
Yes we can change them,But if i remenber ,just one texture and location is used

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 01:54 PM   #989
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Recompile didn't work, but that reminded me of one thing: I actually tried that yesterday on my laptop, I mean changing from fixed shaders to programmable, and you know what, I remember for sure that it worked, I mean I saw exactly the same picture after enabling 'programmable' and recompiling the shaders. My laptop has NVidia card, my desktop I did the last test on has ATI card, maybe that is the problem?
That's what I'm thinking also...seems to be a video card brand issue. But I don't understand why Shaders should be device independent. The only problem I can see is if the users video card doesn't support vertex shader model 3.0 and/or pixel shader model 3.0. But this shouldn't be a problem as I query the users video card to see if they support it or not. If it doesn't then I disable programmable shaders from being able to be selected
Old 03-18-12, 02:05 PM   #990
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Kick-started the laptop: I confirm, it works on the laptop, bumpmap including, the only thing that is different is that the gauges faces are all-black when in programmable mode. The cards:
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M - works
- ATI Radeon HD 5850 - no go

Pathetic... Don't you hate it! When I was doing web-design it was soooo hateful to adjust all the pages to all the different browsers out there and it still didn't work on some, I thought cross-browser compatibility is the worst nightmare of IT and here we have problems with vcard brands... I don't have a clue on how and if at all this problem could be tackled. I am sorry TDW...