SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Submarine Scale Models: Subs, Naval, Tanks, Planes, Trains, Space & Other
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-06, 07:50 PM   #31
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I assembled the hull and deck before painting including the dive planes and rudders. I did the conning tower separate. I used spray cans on those pieces. It seemed to be pretty easy way to go. In previous models I would paint all that stuff first but found I then had to do a lot of scraping to remove paint from the glue surfaces. Masking is a little tricky but not to bad.

I wish I had a small drill tool. The flood holes would look alot better that way. I painted mine.
Old 02-07-06, 09:02 PM   #32
Krieg-Schwein
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I assembled the hull and deck before painting including the dive planes and rudders. I did the conning tower separate. I used spray cans on those pieces. It seemed to be pretty easy way to go. In previous models I would paint all that stuff first but found I then had to do a lot of scraping to remove paint from the glue surfaces. Masking is a little tricky but not to bad.

I wish I had a small drill tool. The flood holes would look a lot better that way. I painted mine.

Thanks for the advice
Do you have a Harbor Freight Tools where you live? I swear for 8 Bucks you couldn't go wrong .. This set has around 60 different bits!
Drill Bits, engraving, cutting grinding Ect... and the drill tool is light weight and could be made portable with a Battery pack attached to it, If you don't have one in your town I could make arrangement's to get you one if you wanted..Ok the bits are a little cheap but not too bad and well worth the money. would expect to pay around 80 or more for a Dremel tool with the same amount of attachments,

FLASH!! I just got the Idea to look at up on the web..
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=41695

Its $9.99 here you could get it from the web catalog I guess.
Thanks for the advice and good luck!!

HI REZ MOON MOD
Krieg-Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote