SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-09, 10:40 AM   #916
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

To get the next/previous camera back take care of the Command 50/51 thing in both the 1.6.2 MOD folder itself, plus in the SH4 folder. Then enter the game. See if it works. It probably won't. Then exit the game and re-enter--it will probably work now. And make sure you are completely out of the game when you edit.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:19 AM   #917
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl
Some people may prefer to continue using the command layout they are used to, be it the stock or a self-tweaked commands set, after installing a big mod pack like TM, which alters the commands layout.

As an easy fix you can make a little commands mini-mod like this:
Before installing the big mod pack that changes the commands layout, make a copy of Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg and place it in a new folder named, say, My Commands, with the aforementioned folder structure. This My Commands folder is your mini-mod for restoring your familiar commands layout. Put it into the Mods folder and activate with JSGME after having installed TM mod. My Commands will overwrite the changed commands from TM and thus restore your familiar commands set. Of course your restored commands are not in sync now with the commands help function in TM, but you probably know your old commands by heart anyway. (If you want the help function to correctly reflect the restored commands layout you would need to make the relevant changes within Data\Menu\Help.)
I have tested this without any problems.

This is not to offend Ducimus in any way, it's just a suggestion for an easy alternative.
If Duci thinks this commands restoring mini-mod might cause operational problems/conflicts with TM, I'd like to know.
I always do this manually before activating Trigger, but I am sure that in Duci's support folder, this comes as an " Optional Mod "

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:43 AM   #918
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
...I am sure that in Duci's support folder, this comes as an " Optional Mod "
Yes, your right, it's Duci's TMO_GobackToPreviousView_Obs_in_CR optional mod. Didn't check that out before, as I too always automatically install my own Commands.cfg.
Old 02-05-09, 01:31 AM   #919
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

in getting back contact/sub tails, removing the relevant .DDS files didn't seem to work cuz they showed up again

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 12:25 PM   #920
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
...I am sure that in Duci's support folder, this comes as an " Optional Mod "
Yes, your right, it's Duci's TMO_GobackToPreviousView_Obs_in_CR optional mod. Didn't check that out before, as I too always automatically install my own Commands.cfg.
You got it, well done. There are lots of goodies in those folders! Sometimes we get in a big hurry to just load up and go!

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 02:11 PM   #921
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

found a mod that doesn't overwrite anything in TMO. Oakgrooves submarine instruments torpedo tube indicator HUD, changes it from a green light to text. dunno about other parts of his mod, tho. looks mucho bettero too than just a green light. it can be seen in the recognition pic

SI Periscope&TBT Interface Kit ( Replaces Periscope&TBT screen instruments

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ne+instruments

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Old 02-06-09, 03:19 PM   #922
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Please could someone fix the auto-target (torp deep) unless it was done on purpose...

But all torps pass under all ships unless is corrected manually everytime the lock is aquired - it is a bit annoying. Thanks

The only mods I use is the latest TMO for 1.5 plus its patch. Cheers
thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 07:06 PM   #923
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

I have just clean installed SH4 just for OM, and I have ran into the same problem that prevented me from playing it in the 1st place! I hit F12 for the external cam, and nothing happens!

My mods:
TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3
GERMAN VOICES
OM V600
OM PATCH 2
OM PATCH 2 HOTFIX

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-09, 06:11 PM   #924
wildcards
Sailor man

Downloads: 58
First of all, thx alot for this awsome colletion of mods in a single installation.
TMO, for me...Its the best mod out there.

I'm having a problem tho, my hydrophone is having a mind of its own.
When I take manual control of it, it doesn't always work.

When I ask for a sound contact report, the will tell me there is a ship. I can confirm it through my scope. But when I listen for my self, there is nothing besides my own engine noise. No indicators light up, no nothing.

Full stop, and dive to 100feet or more, doesn't change a thing.

This a bug of some kind caused by TMO? for its the only mod i'm running after a fresh install/patch. If so, there a fix or a work around?
wildcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 07:04 PM   #925
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyro
Please could someone fix the auto-target (torp deep) unless it was done on purpose...

But all torps pass under all ships unless is corrected manually everytime the lock is aquired - it is a bit annoying. Thanks

The only mods I use is the latest TMO for 1.5 plus its patch. Cheers
Found another game feature (probably not TMO issue) but might need some attention if possible.

crew assigned to deck gun + machine gun and inside the sub (so not on duty) die when a plane drop a bomb right on top of the deck gun.

The only survivors are all others that are assigned to bridge watch, all other sub sections and damage control.

I would understand if all died if they were "outside" on the guns... but see all of them dying when they are inside the sub it is a bit odd...

More odd is to issue man into deck guns and machine gun and some of them are sit down and others are on the guns... when all are supposed to be dead. Cheers
thyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 07:22 PM   #926
Krishna
Watch

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 1

thyro, that's a bug with the stock game, not a TMO issue, try the Crew Quarters Mod, this will let you put crew safely inside the sub and stop them from taking damage as if they were outside the sub, even when submerged.
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 05:23 PM   #927
thumper
Gunner

Downloads: 394
Default To the MODDERS

Thank you for this work.. I finally have it installed correctly..First mission posted me 85 NM S.E of tokyo remain on station for 72hrs..During that time i have sunk 2 ocean liners and 4 freighters using MK10 torpedoes, only 3 duds so far..My realism settings are at 75% i have outside camera view dud torpedoes and no manual targeting..I never could figure out the targeting process.The explosions and the secondaries are imho perfect..The modders have definately exceeded my expections in this mod, this is a beautiful piece of work..Again "THANK YOU"

Last edited by thumper; 02-09-09 at 08:00 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 09:53 PM   #928
thumper
Gunner

Downloads: 394
Default key board mod

I have seen this mod in the forums but i cannot find it now. I believe it is called TMO key padmod for RFB. Can someone help me with this??
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 08:34 PM   #929
runningdeer
Frogman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 1
Default Cont/dash lines

Hello. I recently returned to SH4 ver1.5. I am currently running these MODs, in this order:

TMO 162
TMO patch 163
HUD MOD for TMO 163

I am trying to get the tails back, like I did with the previous version of TMO.

I followed the instructions in the TMO FAQ to get the tails back. But even though those 2 things are deleted from the MOD, there is still no tail. This did work with my previous TMO version & MODs.

I wonder if there is something else I should do because of the latest TMO, or maybe the 1.6.3 patch, or the HUD MOD (from captain america).

I double checked in the TMO folder that is in the JSGME mods folder...that the cont/dash lines were deleted and they are. So I need help please.

Thanx for your time... .
runningdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 09:22 PM   #930
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

iinm, you need to remove them from the main DATA folder, not the one in jsgme