SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-10, 04:36 AM   #31
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 1

There was well intensify the saturation oily stain in damage of the Boat...
P.S.... it is necessary about this think. The Good effect...
Illyustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 02:47 PM   #32
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

I get this error message when starting the game, after installing your mod (I used to get it with previous version of your mod as well):

After clicking "Ok" the game starts properly.

Edit:
I run my game in 1600 x 900 resolution, so I installed MaskMap 1600 x 900. Yet the stamp on my map is egg-shaped:

This is the order I installed the mod in:

Also I think that the mission orders button/icon (in orange circle on my screenshot) doesn't fit here aesthetically. It looks Microsoftish, doesn't go well with the filthy map looks or the other "hand-written" icons (ports, airports, destinations).
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-16-10 at 03:11 PM.
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 04:31 PM   #33
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
I get this error message when starting the game, after installing your mod (I used to get it with previous version of your mod as well):

Yes, JSGME warns, that Block Nomograph navigation map is already registered in file Page. We do not add the new Block, and we replace the ready. Probably IO_StrategicMap the first which after NewUIs_TDC_ByTheDarkWraith and HiDef Realistic Interface V2.0 repeatedly replaces file Page navigation map.ini
Old 09-16-10, 04:35 PM   #34
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyustrator View Post
Yes, JSGME warns, that Block Nomograph navigation map is already registered in file Page. We do not add the new Block, and we replace the ready. Probably IO_StrategicMap the first which after NewUIs_TDC_ByTheDarkWraith and HiDef Realistic Interface V2.0 repeatedly replaces file Page navigation map.ini
I don't think it's a JSGME warning - it shows when the game starts and JSGME is closed.

How do I get rid of it?
Old 09-16-10, 04:41 PM   #35
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Quote:
Edit:
I run my game in 1600 x 900 resolution, so I installed MaskMap 1600 x 900. Yet the stamp on my map is egg-shaped:
We have solved to simplify installation IO_StrategicMap_1.1. One File "Mask" is Used only. Under sprain on the Whole screen and is got "Egg". On the other screen he looks orderly. We to return to old concept?
Old 09-16-10, 05:02 PM   #36
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
We have solved to simplify installation IO_StrategicMap_1.1. One File "Mask" is Used only. Under sprain on the Whole screen and is got "Egg". On the other screen he looks orderly. We to return to old concept?
The egg-shaped stamp looks bad and ruins aesthetical values of your mod, so in my opinion - yes, you should do whatever is needed to display it correctly. But simplicity of installation is also important, so I know this may be a hard choice to make. It's your mod.

Same in Russian:
Эта печать яйцевидной формы выглядит очень плохо и портит эстетическое качество Вашего мода, так по моему - да, Вы должны зделать все что нужно, чтоб это исправить. Но я тоже понимаю важность простоты процесса инсталляции, так это может быть для Вас сложный выбор. Но в конце концов Это Ваш мод.
Old 09-16-10, 05:16 PM   #37
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Quote:
The egg-shaped stamp looks bad and ruins aesthetical values of your mod, so in my opinion - yes, you should do whatever is needed to display it correctly. But simplicity of installation is also important, so I know this may be a hard choice to make. It's your mod.

Same in Russian:
Эта печать яйцевидной формы выглядит очень плохо и портит эстетическое качество Вашего мода, так по моему - да, Вы должны зделать все что нужно, чтоб это исправить. Но я тоже понимаю важность простоты процесса инсталляции, так это может быть для Вас сложный выбор. Но в конце концов Это Ваш мод.
I have understood You! We shall Do all the best!
Old 09-16-10, 05:20 PM   #38
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:

This is a game error due to there being 2 instances of the same name being used for an item in the Menu Editor.

If you open up Page Navigation Map via the menu editor you will find 2 items with the same name (Nomograph) just change one of them to something else eg Nomograph 2.
If that item is being called in the Page navigationmap script as well the name will have to be changer there to match.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-10, 08:05 PM   #39
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Abd_von_Mumit, say why You have increased "MaskMap" в Photoshop?
On the left my, on the right Your...
P.S. The Red ring it is necessary to do in upper "layer" Photoshop. Then I have not noticed...
Old 09-16-10, 08:53 PM   #40
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Abd_von_Mumit, say why You have increased "MaskMap" в Photoshop?
On the left my, on the right Your...
P.S. The Red ring it is necessary to do in upper "layer" Photoshop. Then I have not noticed...

1. I used GIMP.

2. I didn't stretch any layers. I didn't even add a layer. And if I stretched anything, other round shapes would be stretched too, and they aren't.

3. The red circle was done this way:

- draw an oval shape

- click "Draw a border"

- then use the "Fill with color" option:

4. Why would I do that?

5. I don't know what you are smoking there, but I want it too.

EDIT:
After consideration: you publicly and openly accused me of lieing intentionally (to harm other people and damage their reputation?). Although I don't think you did it out of wicked will, you deeply offended me. I consider myself a man of honour. I may have many defects, but I am not a liar. Thus it is my right to demand that you recall your accusation and apologize, again openly and publicly - as men of honour do.

EDIT2:
If you have difficulties understanding the above, I can write it in Russian as well.

EDIT3:
So that absolutely no doubts are left, I just recorded a movie in game. Will upload it as soon as possible after it converts - this will take a while though.

EDIT4:
Here's the movie, may take a while before YouTube processes it (watch in High Resolution for detailed view):

Now I calmed down a bit, but man, you surely touched my nerve. Called a liar after reporting a bug out of will to help... I just didn't expect that.

Last edited by Abd_von_Mumit; 09-16-10 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-17-10, 04:38 AM   #41
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Respected, Abd_von_Mumit. I, in any case make to you the apologies!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, at me the Question to experts working in "Graphic editors". Can such be? (For the general development)
Thanks.
P.S. Doing such doubtful Screenshots, you get in error...
Old 09-17-10, 08:29 AM   #42
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
P.S. Doing such doubtful Screenshots, you get in error...
So this way or another it's still my fault? Ok, I can live with that. Rest assured then you won't be getting any more "doubtful screenshots" from me.

Graphics is not my cup of tea, I am only capable of doing simplest things in GIMP or Photoshop, I use the simplest tools and icons to achieve that - cause I'm a graphic newbie and I don't even intend to change that. I work with letters more, but not pictures.

However, in SubSim community, I try to be as helpful to modders as I can, and when it's appropriate, I try to provide screenshots - pictures often are more informative and just simpler way of saying what you have to say, especially given my poor English, - I can never know for sure whether my words have the meaning I think they do.

Now it's time to focus on my mod instead of playing main role in a forum drama - which is always embarrassing. See you around.
Old 09-17-10, 09:36 AM   #43
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

I would like to thank you for this mod. I installed it without the stamp. With your permission I would like to modify the map to suit some needs I have.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-10, 10:38 AM   #44
Illyustrator
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker View Post
I would like to thank you for this mod. I installed it without the stamp. With your permission I would like to modify the map to suit some needs I have.
For a private use it is possible to change all for your convenience...
Old 09-17-10, 02:30 PM   #45
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

Thank you. It's for my own personal use.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote