SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-22, 10:52 AM   #1
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 580
Uploads: 7

Default TWoS 2.2.x - difference between exhaust smoke on submarine

Hi,

I use TWoS 2.2.24 and I have since more than 1 or 2 years the problem, that the submarines haven't any exhaust smoke anymore. I have this issue with and without adidonal mods but this problem still exist. I allready done reinstall of SH5 and TWoS but this issue still exist. I believe that it could have something to do with the drivers or with changes in past of the drivers from AMD, but I can't check this because I only use AMD graphics cards. Because if I activate as mod "Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith" I have and see the exhaust smoke but with this mod a got very often CTDs at starts of mission and campaings with and without other mods.
As far as I know TWoS uses "EUFv2_0_UBoat_FX_v0_0_6f_ byTheBeast" for the exhaust smoke.

So what is the differenc between the exhaust smoke mod from TheDarkWraith and from TheBeast and have someone the same issue with graphic card from AMD or with Nvidia too?
And if someone with an graphic card from AMD haven't this issue and have/see the exhaust smoke, with driver version is in use?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote