Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-22, 03:13 AM   #1
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 0
Default Alternative game to IL2-Sturmovic

Is there a alternative Tank or Flight game WW.II for a Single player to the russian game IL2-Sturmovic?
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 02:31 PM   #2
Magman
Swabbie

Downloads: 74

You can try DCS world ( google it).

It is a flight simulation game where you can play both: modern planes and planes from the Second World War and the 1950s.

To test it, you can download a free map of the Black Sea area that includes the Russian plane SU-25 (cockpit unclikable) and the civilian P-51 (unarmed).

But you can buy various maps of the second world war ( Channel map, Normandy map Marianas Islands map) and German, American, English and Russian planes of that time ( P-47, P-51, Mosquito, B-109, Fw-190. I-16, Spitfire etc..).

It is very realistic and they are studiy planes.

You can play both in single payer and in servers
Magman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 04:27 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Magman! after a long silent run !

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 06:48 AM   #4
klzlueylx
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Icon14

glad to witness a fellow virtual pilot here!

no there is no game can do a better simulations than IL2 series. But if you were enjoying the 777's IL2GB(BoS), i would advise you try the elder IL2-1946 and IL2-CloD; you see, the il2GB actually is a failed simulation, the only reason it get the IL2 title is because 1C (who holds the commercial IP) has no choise but to let 777 make use of it. comparing with the earlier games above, GB is hardly an simulation. It got terrible airdynamic model, a rather no-existing AI and unfinished and undeveloped game content and a high price. While the 1946 & CloD, were both developed by Maddox, keeps a wide and simulative and moddable frame.

if u already know about these and seeks for some other air-combat games i'd advise Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator3 (and it's remastered fans' sell alone 'Wings over the Reich'), some earlier games like rowan's Battle of Britain2, Mig Alley; or the best F16 sim 'BMS'.... there should be more but i just cant remember for now
Old 04-13-22, 12:22 AM   #5
Jean Led
Seaman

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by klzlueylx View Post
glad to witness a fellow virtual pilot here!

no there is no game can do a better simulations than IL2 series. But if you were enjoying the 777's IL2GB(BoS), i would advise you try the elder IL2-1946 and IL2-CloD; you see, the il2GB actually is a failed simulation, the only reason it get the IL2 title is because 1C (who holds the commercial IP) has no choise but to let 777 make use of it. comparing with the earlier games above, GB is hardly an simulation. It got terrible airdynamic model, a rather no-existing AI and unfinished and undeveloped game content and a high price. While the 1946 & CloD, were both developed by Maddox, keeps a wide and simulative and moddable frame.

if u already know about these and seeks for some other air-combat games i'd advise Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator3 (and it's remastered fans' sell alone 'Wings over the Reich'), some earlier games like rowan's Battle of Britain2, Mig Alley; or the best F16 sim 'BMS'.... there should be more but i just cant remember for now

For single player il-2 1946 is by far the best. Awesome memories of scambling out of guadalcanal in a wildcat or dealing with waves of il-2 coming for your air base on the eastern front.

For tanks I suggest steel fury.
Jean Led is offline   Reply With Quote