Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-22, 10:25 AM   #1
klzlueylx
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Icon5 Need help -- SH5 TWoS Questions

So, i've patched my game with the wolves of steelmod v2.2.24, which i believe is the latest;

it runs smoothly yet still a couple of questions i need some answers, and docs comes along with the mod cannot offer.

1. How do i change my uboat's number or code? when i starts a new campaign, it didnot ask me to fill such a blank, and in-game radio-message & journal says im "U-**"

2. Can I change the hotkey? i've altered some strings in a config file in sh3 to re-allocate a hotkey so that i feel it's better. I didn't find any description about a "how to" in SH5 so.
im using a microsoft surface to play, and some crucial keys like "heading to view", "time speed +&-" are defaultly in the numpad, which i do not have.

3. I saw a "compass_tutorial.pdf" in mod's document folder; it's about a special compass with inner and outer circles, both ring could rotate, to perform specific actions. Yet in the game I can't find such a compass, where is it?

Please, I could use any tips
Old 03-26-22, 11:39 PM   #2
klzlueylx
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

1. I now know how to change the number, in OFEV's "Ship Journal" tab you'll find the first entry, u-**, change it and click all the popup "yes". Though you'll need to do it all over again with a new campaign save. (don't forget to change the captain's name as well.)

2. yes it's the same way you change a SH3\4 hot key. data/cfg/command.cfg

I still don't know where to find the compass so.

and a new Question, I'll call it 4

4. When i input a new entry in the in-game Journal, the time always is GMT+2. it's very strange since every entry automatically imput is using GMT +1 (Nautical time). Though if you quit the game and check the journal in the journal viewer, it is logged as Nautical time; but this glitch really confuses player when dead-reckoning and many other ways.
Any idea how to fix this?
Old 03-27-22, 12:25 AM   #3
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by klzlueylx View Post
1. I now know how to change the number, in OFEV's "Ship Journal" tab you'll find the first entry, u-**, change it and click all the popup "yes". Though you'll need to do it all over again with a new campaign save. (don't forget to change the captain's name as well.)

2. yes it's the same way you change a SH3\4 hot key. data/cfg/command.cfg

I still don't know where to find the compass so.

and a new Question, I'll call it 4

4. When i input a new entry in the in-game Journal, the time always is GMT+2. it's very strange since every entry automatically imput is using GMT +1 (Nautical time). Though if you quit the game and check the journal in the journal viewer, it is logged as Nautical time; but this glitch really confuses player when dead-reckoning and many other ways.
Any idea how to fix this?
do you have options editor viewer install
Old 03-31-22, 05:14 PM   #4
Hungo
Seaman

Downloads: 65

3. I saw a "compass_tutorial.pdf" in mod's document folder; it's about a special compass with inner and outer circles, both ring could rotate, to perform specific actions. Yet in the game I can't find such a compass, where is it?

I've been searching all day for this and I cannot find it as well. I even tried to change the UI's to SH4 and SH3 and its still no there.
Hungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 12:44 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Hungo!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 01:20 PM   #6
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by klzlueylx View Post
So, i've patched my game with the wolves of steelmod v2.2.24, which i believe is the latest;

it runs smoothly yet still a couple of questions i need some answers, and docs comes along with the mod cannot offer.

1. How do i change my uboat's number or code? when i starts a new campaign, it didnot ask me to fill such a blank, and in-game radio-message & journal says im "U-**"

2. Can I change the hotkey? i've altered some strings in a config file in sh3 to re-allocate a hotkey so that i feel it's better. I didn't find any description about a "how to" in SH5 so.
im using a microsoft surface to play, and some crucial keys like "heading to view", "time speed +&-" are defaultly in the numpad, which i do not have.

Please, I could use any tips
To complete what you said the green01
you will find all these settings in "TWoS - OptionsFileEditorViewer"

everything should be fine now..
Sincerely, Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 01:42 PM   #7
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungo View Post

I've been searching all day for this and I cannot find it as well. I even tried to change the UI's to SH4 and SH3 and its still no there.
look carefully you should have it in the right part at the top of the card

This is what you are looking for...

Old 04-01-22, 06:12 PM   #8
Hungo
Seaman

Downloads: 65

I swear the Optometrist said I had 20/20 vision last month...

Thanks Kal Maximus!
Hungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 08:12 AM   #9
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungo View Post
I swear the Optometrist said I had 20/20 vision last month...

Thanks Kal Maximus!
you may need to change it
Old 04-02-22, 12:28 PM   #10
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

it can be pretty hard to see