SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-10, 02:49 PM   #1
Desga
Navy Dude

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
To the modders..Read here very important!!Appeal for help Urfisch and his betarelease

All know DD Open Hatch, FM Interior, LUCAS Conning open hatch.
These three mods are perfectly compatible with each other and are having great success here in subsim. However, just yesterday Urfish has released the beta version of his fine mod. As you can see here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157581

the mod has many great innovative effects for silenthunter3 beautiful but unfortunately not 'compatible with Open Hatch Mod DD, FM Interior, LUCAS Conning open hatch. Today I have just spoken with Urfish and he says he could make compatible his mod but he is now engaged in real life have little time.
He gave permission to create a version compatible to those who want to do it!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=157581&page=4
I'm not a modder and I do not know where to start but maybe some clever modder will would find it easy

Urfish says
Quote:
i will dig out all the files and get it released, as i will not find the time to finish it. hope someone is able to get this finished...its not that much, but a little.
regards so far...
MY QUESTION
Quote:
A very good mod Urfish I like much the fire and the drops in the command room!! it would be nice if your mod is compatible with conning tower of lucagaeta and the interior of flakmonkey
Very good work mate!!
URFISH reply
Quote:
this should be no problem for some guys...to do so. the added controllers are "just" to be ported into the CR.dat of the mods you mentioned. I never found time for this.
And now who wants to try to finish and make compatible this beautiful mod? we want to give aid to Urfish?

Desga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:09 AM   #2
KriegsMarine
Loader

Downloads: 1280

seems nobody wanna go aboard
kaleuns come and finish it just like you guys gallantly fight for the uncle karl
KriegsMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 01:41 PM   #3
vergol
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 29

If you like the explosions effects and sounds of Urfisch's mod, you can keep those folders while deleting the rest prior to activating the mod. That way it will not conflict with the latest popular mods. It's what I've done, and it seems to be working fine.

If you want the whole mod, with interface changes, etc - that's more complicated, and out of my league.
vergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 04:34 AM   #4
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by vergol View Post
If you like the explosions effects and sounds of Urfisch's mod, you can keep those folders
Please tell me which Folder this exact are ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 03-24-10, 05:59 AM   #5
Desga
Navy Dude

I think most people today use the whole mod: Open Hatch DD, FM Interior, LUCAS Conning open hatch, but unfortunately the fantastic beta release created by urfisch will be excluded because incompatible and this is a great loss of effects and innovations
Quote:
If you like the explosions effects and sounds of Urfisch's mod, you can keep those folders while deleting the rest prior to activating the mod. That way it will not conflict with the latest popular mods. It's what I've done, and it seems to be working fine.

If you want the whole mod, with interface changes, etc - that's more complicated, and out of my league.

The Way to take the sounds and tga files of Explosions is good but still prevents the effects inside the sub, such as fires and drops

Old 03-25-10, 11:02 PM   #6
vergol
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Please tell me which Folder this exact are ?
I removed the 'Interior', 'Menu', and 'Movies' folders prior to activation. You can probably keep the Movies folder though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desga View Post
The Way to take the sounds and tga files of Explosions is good but still prevents the effects inside the sub, such as fires and drops
Yeah, I haven't noticed any fires inside my sub. It's a trade-off until someone makes it all compatible.
vergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 01:28 AM   #7
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

[QUOTE=vergol;1334483]I removed the 'Interior', 'Menu', and 'Movies' folders prior to activation. You can probably keep the Movies folder though.

QUOTE]

Aaah, okay ! I understand, thank you !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 03-26-10, 04:07 AM   #8
Desga
Navy Dude

Quote:
I removed the 'Interior', 'Menu', and 'Movies' folders prior to activation. You can probably keep the Movies folder though.
Yeah, I haven't noticed any fires inside my sub. It's a trade-off until someone makes it all compatible.
I too have followed the same method even though I really regret leaving effects within the submarine

Old 03-26-10, 04:40 AM   #9
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Maybe I miss something, but it isn't that http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165828 what your are asking for?
Darkbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 05:34 AM   #10
Desga
Navy Dude

Quote:
Maybe I miss something, but it isn't that http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165828 what your are asking for?
WOWWWWWW I must try it, I don't know why but I have not seen it
Thank so much Darkbluesky

Last edited by Desga; 03-26-10 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-26-10, 05:41 AM   #11
JoCreation
Loader

Downloads: 349

We need full informations, resource-plans, and the top-nail problems!
JoCreation
Old 03-26-10, 08:17 AM   #12
Desga
Navy Dude

After test with Aces' Multimod compatibility fix v1.1 betaI can say that the fix is good but incomplete because there are not the drops in the command room and you don't see the fire with smoke inside the control room when it is damaged like you can say here in the original topic of Urfish
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=19

Tags
request help