SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-11, 08:50 PM   #7711
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETsd4 View Post
I am usually working not much with the attack-disk yet but i would say: no, just compass rose should be change.
that makes things much easier then. Time to implement
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 09:16 PM   #7712
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0

Hello TDW,

Can the current 6.7.1 patch be applied while at sea?
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 09:21 PM   #7713
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Hello TDW,

Can the current 6.7.1 patch be applied while at sea?
Sure can
Old 08-17-11, 09:26 PM   #7714
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Thank you. Hope you had a good vacation.

I had seen in another post you where near the caverns in AZ. Were these the ones just off the old route 66.
Old 08-17-11, 09:31 PM   #7715
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Thank you. Hope you had a good vacation.

I had seen in another post you where near the caverns in AZ. Were these the ones just off the old route 66.
Sure was! Grand Canyon Caverns I believe was the name of them. They are dry caverns. It was quite funny to see that some investors from CA bought the place and have stockpiled MREs, Water, and supplies down in the caverns for an End Of Days type of event
Old 08-17-11, 11:58 PM   #7716
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Small world, I live just a little way from there. You may of driven through a small town called Hackberry. All that is there is a general store with a old Corvette outside. I live just south of there.
Old 08-18-11, 12:03 PM   #7717
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Great news Starting in v6.8.0 you'll be able to pan/rotate the scope with the RAOBF visible This is something people have been wanting for a long time.
I added a small switch near the top left of the RAOBF. If this switch is down you can pan/rotate the scope with the mouse (you cannot rotate RAOBF middle ring). If this switch is up then you cannot pan the scope but you can rotate the RAOBF inner ring. Switch is toggled either by clicking it or pressing the middle mouse button (if you have a middle mouse button on your mouse).

Old 08-18-11, 01:53 PM   #7718
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Added a new small switch to the top of the Attack Disk front side. This switch controls whether the compass rose is locked to the uboat heading or not. If the switch is down then it's unlocked. If the switch is up then it's locked. Will be available in v6.8.0

Old 08-18-11, 02:39 PM   #7719
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Thanks a lot, TDW. Those improvements of interface should be very useful for the 100%-real hunters Small remark re. the switch - may be better if it was like a button, as in Speech rec. interface ('on' - yellow color, 'off' - no color) just to see if it works while a short view when busy with attack calculations. I think it'll be more comfortable and should support more 'unification' of the NewUi.

It's just personnel opinion, if its too bothering or somebody regrets - let the switch be as it is now (not critical).
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 02:44 PM   #7720
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Thanks a lot, TDW. Those improvements of interface should be very useful for the 100%-real hunters Small remark re. the switch - may be better if it was like a button, as in Speech rec. interface ('on' - yellow color, 'off' - no color) just to see if it works while a short view when busy with attack calculations. I think it'll be more comfortable and should support more 'unification' of the NewUi.

It's just personnel opinion, if its too bothering or somebody regrets - let the switch be as it is now (not critical).
We'll see what the overall opinion is of it. It's very easy to switch it out for the illuminated button I like the switch but I'll be democratic on this and go with what the majority wants. Same with the RAOBF switch.
Old 08-18-11, 02:48 PM   #7721
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

thinking ahead here (Danger Will Robinson )......Since you can now export the ship's journal to a text file via the Ship's Journal Viewer I thought it might be nice to be able to export a single day vice the entire journal. Thus I have added a new entry in the File menu: Export current date...

When clicked it will open up a dialog box for you to select the path and enter the filename to save the current date's entries to

Also fixed the bug where if you clicked the active journal (journal name located under Ship's Journal in the main menu) in the main menu nothing happened. Now when you click it the ship's journal viewer app will be called. Problem was due to moving the app to a different folder and not updating the mod to point to it some versions ago. Will be available in v6.8.0.
Old 08-18-11, 03:59 PM   #7722
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronous View Post
...I'm also struggling with the Speed. Often the speed will give me silly numbers like 70 knots instead of 7 (stopped the boat, timed 1 minute, hit the icon and wait for calculation).
I see that I need to update tooltips to explain how to use some of the features/items of the mod. I've updated the speed finder one and follow selected target:

Here I've got follow target enabled on the aircraft and set follow selected target offset so that the crosshair is just in front of it:

If you feel that an item needs it's tooltip revised (or one added) please post about it and provide a screenshot so I can look into it.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-18-11 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-18-11, 06:09 PM   #7723
Anachronous
Medic

Downloads: 22

Thanks for the assistance everyone. I'll give the scripts a try and the tooltips will certainly make it easier for those just starting out. Hopefully I get to play this weekend.
Old 08-19-11, 12:01 AM   #7724
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Another change to ship's journal viewer requested by Sober:

Under View there is a new entry: Google Earth coordinates. If checked then map coordinates will be displayed in the Google Earth style. When exporting a single day or saving the journal as txt file and Google Earth Coordinates is checked then they will be written in this format to the file also.

Old 08-19-11, 09:03 AM   #7725
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
We'll see what the overall opinion is of it. It's very easy to switch it out for the illuminated button I like the switch but I'll be democratic on this and go with what the majority wants. Same with the RAOBF switch.

Maybe some switch of this kind will do?

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui