SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-21, 10:33 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Save as?

Creating new orders for TMO. What do you save the file as? Scripted layer or normal mission?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 03:57 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Be careful with the "Save As..." menu. "(Normal Mission)" is what you would use most of the time. "Rnd Layer" only saves the RGG (Random Generated Groups), the "Scripted Layer" only saves the 'regular' scripted groups, as in the EastAsia file, the "Map Notes" is basically useless, only saving the map notes, which do not display on the NavMap in-game. lurker did use them when building his mods, where he would find a Lat/Long position for a group, and then 'mark' it with a MapNote. Then he could right-click and "Create Random Group" right on it. But I digress... The "Land Unit" only saves the Land Units. However, all of the above only control the 'active' mission file. If you happen to load say "Patrol Marshalls 01", but need to find Eniwetok by name, and "merge" without Save the Campaign_LOC file to help you, and you then notice something amiss with it and make an edit on it, the ME doesn't care. That is NOT the active layer, "Patrol Marshalls 01", having been loaded first, is the 'active' layer, and as such, that is the only layers "Save" will work with...

If you are attempting to add similar or exact wording to some files, it might be easier to just use a text editor and open the appropriate tsr files and edit that way. Copy and Paste, with minimal edits can then be your friend. Just remember though that some of those missions are "active" in the PatrolObjectives and DynamicMiss for the duration, and some wording would not be appropriate in those cases. Also, I don't remember where it is, and I cannot find my notes for the same, but KaleunMarco and I discussed at length (pun intended) how many 'characters' can be in a "missionbriefing" segment of the tsr, so be careful with that. A 'character' could be a <Space>, or a <CR/LF> (<Enter> key), or anything input via the keyboard or ASCII chart key codes for special characters. By the way, the "degree" symbol "°" (<Alt>+0176) does NOT display with SH4 fonts... sigh - so sad, because we have been looking for them all in FotRSU missions and messages now to revert back to non-degrees listings... sigh

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote