SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-21, 12:05 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default A-24 (SBD) FOTRS

Try as I might, can not get the A-24 Banshee (SBD) to work in TMO. Always caused a CTD. Definitely want to incorporate this plane so have a SBD, even if it does not have the naval paint scheme since no other SBD models appear out there.

Tried it modified and unmodified, always causes a CTD.

Basically, want the plane to carry a single 500 lb bomb on center line rack or the single and two smaller bombs on wings (need both options).

Also, can not seem to get the TBF Avenger (from RSRD) to carry a torpedo, always get a CTD. I must be doing something wrong in the loadouts sections, anyone can remedy this so can learn, would appreciate it. I have the battle of Midway scripted pretty well in TMO but it would be a lot more immersive to have SBD's attacking instead of the ahistorical monstrosity of dive bombers UBI gave us. Decent stand in for the Helldiver in later war I guess, aside from the early war paint scheme.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 02:02 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The USDiveBomber is a Dauntless. The Banshee from FotRSU is a clone, so if you don't have USDiveBomber, the clone will crash, but it is the same platform, the SBD Dauntless (Navy) and the A-24 Banshee ("A" for Army) both served the same purpose as a dive bomber and as a scout plane. One thing to remember about the game is that no dive bomber will come close to an 80 degree angle of attack, and no, you will NOT see air brakes deployed either...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 02:34 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The USDiveBomber is a Dauntless. The Banshee from FotRSU is a clone, so if you don't have USDiveBomber, the clone will crash, but it is the same platform, the SBD Dauntless (Navy) and the A-24 Banshee ("A" for Army) both served the same purpose as a dive bomber and as a scout plane. One thing to remember about the game is that no dive bomber will come close to an 80 degree angle of attack, and no, you will NOT see air brakes deployed either...

ah! I missed that lol, you replaced the default US dive bomber with the SBD I take it . lol makes sense why it is crashing then. Well I don't expect the full dives or air brakes, just nice to have a representation of the SBD in the sim.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote