SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-22, 05:43 AM   #1
KriegsMarine
Loader

Downloads: 1280
Uploads: 0
Default RFB vs TMO

As we all know, the great supermods RFB and TMO significantly improve the realism and entertainment of the SH4 game, so here is the question: which one you captains prefer and why ?

KriegsMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 06:13 AM   #2
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegsMarine View Post
As we all know, the great supermods RFB and TMO significantly improve the realism and entertainment of the SH4 game, so here is the question: which one you captains prefer and why ?

Realism and entertainment improves campaigning. This is the basis and skeleton of any work in fashion. Unfortunately, there are no dramatic shifts in campaigning in fashion. FOTRSU_v1.7 and TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final carry traces of the reconstruction of a long-standing work RSRDC_TMO_V502; that they add something that improves, no more. In these fashions there is no clearly directed historical scenario. There is only a judgment of the creators about how they see underwater warfare in the Pacific Ocean, only relatively relying on historical realism.

Реализм и зрелищность улучшает кампаинг. Это основа и скелет любой работы в модах. К сожалению кардинальных сдвигов в кампаинге нет в модах. FOTRSU_v1.7 и TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final несут в себе следы реконструкции давней работы RSRDC_TMO_V502; что то добавляют что то улучшают, не больше. В этих модах нет четко направленного исторического сценария. Есть только суждение создателей про то как они видят подводную войну на Тихом океане, лишь относительно опираясь на исторический реализм.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:09 AM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriegsMarine View Post
Personally, I have always preferred TMO.

RFB is a great mod, focuses on the boat primarily, so is lacking in some area. If run RFB With RSRD campaign mod, makes for a great experience. However, both RFB and RSRD have not been updated in a long time, since creators (RFB team and Lurker) are no longer active.

TMO is designed to be more of a challenge and it accomplishes just that. The creator of TMO is not longer active in the community and TMO was in dire needed of a facelift, so I created a update for it, which I released in September. Many changes made to increase historical accuracy, challenge, and playability, such as total revamping the campaign and traffic , adding many ships to the roster, and of course, ability to conduct realistic night surface attacks as submarines actually did.

Another update is forthcoming soon, likely end of this month or early February.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:20 AM   #4
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post

RFB is a great mod, focuses on the boat primarily, so is lacking in some area. If run RFB With RSRD campaign mod, makes for a great experience. However, both RFB and RSRD have not been updated in a long time, since creators (RFB team and Lurker) are no longer active.

TMO is designed to be more of a challenge and it accomplishes just that. The creator of TMO is not longer active in the community and TMO was in dire needed of a facelift, so I created a update for it, which I released in September. Many changes made to increase historical accuracy, challenge, and playability, such as total revamping the campaign and traffic , adding many ships to the roster, and of course, ability to conduct realistic night surface attacks as submarines actually did.

I would recommend that the TMO completely review the Flotillas.upc files and CareerStart.upc as I did in Silent Service relying primarily on this information http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/oob/us.p...Scouting_Force
Old 01-16-22, 07:42 AM   #5
KriegsMarine
Loader

Downloads: 1280

Quote:

The TMO UPDATE is very impressive, thank you for sharing such a great SUPERMOD with us, which truely revives the old GEM, and we are looking forward to your next update mod.

KriegsMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:47 AM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
I would recommend that the TMO completely review the Flotillas.upc files and CareerStart.upc as I did in Silent Service relying primarily on this information http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/oob/us.p...Scouting_Force
I've consulted that as a resource before, have it bookmarked. The flotillas and career starts are basically the "native" ones create before I began modding TMO. Some major changes to the flotillas and careerstarts are in the plans...eventually. In the forthcoming release, there will be a pre pearl harbor start in June 1941, so player will be operating in "peace time" out of Pearl Harbor or Manila. Currently working on new construction campaign in 1941 as well, on of the east and west coast.

Eventually, I would like to have the career starts and flotillas resemble RSRD.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:59 AM   #7
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:
I've consulted that as a resource before, have it bookmarked. The flotillas and career starts are basically the "native" ones create before I began modding TMO. Some major changes to the flotillas and careerstarts are in the plans...eventually. In the forthcoming release, there will be a pre pearl harbor start in June 1941, so player will be operating in "peace time" out of Pearl Harbor or Manila. Currently working on new construction campaign in 1941 as well, on of the east and west coast.

Eventually, I would like to have the career starts and flotillas resemble RSRD.

Also, according to the book by T. Rosko, the fighting of US submarines was guided by sunk tonnage, and the traffic of the campaign was adjusted so that it not only reflected the points of departure and lines of main communications, but also the total tonnage along these lines. So that the player receives true pleasure from hunting and searching for the enemy, and only with great luck could destroy merchant ships over 40,000 tons. To do this, he divided groups of ships into tonnage up to 6,000 tons, and over 6,000 tons. The meeting of the first group in relation to the second is approximately one to three. 3<6000 1>6000

Также по книге Т.Роско Боевые действия подлодок США ориентировался потопленный тоннаж, и траффик кампаинга подгонял так чтобы он не только отражал пункты отправления и линии основных коммуникаций, но и суммарный тоннаж по этим линиям. Чтобы игрок получил истинное удовольствие от охоты и поиска противника, и только при большой удаче мог уничтожить торговые корабли свыше 40000 тонн. Для этого разбил группы судов на тоннаж до 6000 тонн, и свыше 6000 тонн. Встреча первой группы в отношении ко второй примерно равно один к трем.

Screenshot_1.jpg + Screenshot_2.jpg =

Last edited by LUKNER; 01-16-22 at 08:48 AM.