SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-21, 02:43 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Let me know if you encounter.... in TMO Update

Everyone, just trying to gauge how often certain things happen, and get perspective outside of my own experiences on patrol and in testing the mod. Of course, always love to hear about experiences in the mod but make sure to let me know when these things (below) are encountered and details are important.

1. Enemy submarines, especially submerged. During 14 testing patrols from 1942-1945 in USS Drum, I was attacked (confirmed) once by a submerged AI submarine. I had external cam off and just happened to detect him after surfacing from morning trim dive as well as his inbound torpedoes, so got lucky.

Second time was on surface and submerged, heard a submerged submarine closing for approach, likely ready to fire.
In patrols since release, I heard one approaching but never saw it and dont believe was close enough to fire.

These encounters are rare though, rare enough player could never have it happen However , if it does please let me know, when, were, if were damage or destroyed. have no idea how powerful their torpedoes are yet. Obviously they should destroy a player submarine if hit, but unsure yet.

2. Friendly fire. As mentioned in README, there is now potential for friendly fire incidents, so if an Allied PBY, B-25 ,, or Allied destroyer etc attacks let me know. Time Date location etc. These incidents are rare, but a real possibility.

3. If you detect a surfaced mine or hit a mine, any issues with mines etc. Again date, time location.etc

4.Night surface attacks, especially when make it inside the larger convoys. Date time location, note the moonlight and weather. Give me a description of the attack.

5. The historical battles...did you find Nagumos carriers at Midway? The battle off Samar , Kurita engaging Taffy 4 25 October 1944? Let me know how it unfolded from your perspective.

6. Submarine damage from depth charges. I am happy with new damage model overall but always adjusting to perfect things.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote