SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-21, 05:11 PM   #2866
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Look at Virginia the only ones who couldn’t stop talking about Trump were the Democrats and it lost them the election. I guess it goes to show if you want to win maybe trying offering something voters need.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 09:02 PM   #2867
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I don't care, this isn't about Trump and you trying to make it so only shows that you have no real argument here.

I certainly wouldn't try and compare a successful drone attack by against an identified target like enemy general with one made for political purposes that hits a carload of children. An attack that was hurriedly thrown together to cover a political disaster with little or no intel on what they were actually shooting at.

Hear! Hear!

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 10:19 PM   #2868
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
He won because Biden A.) Gets blocked into oblivion, and B.) where he had room for freer decisions made bad decisions or did not delivery. The US is in complete, ideological deadlock.
No, were not in a deadlock, We are in transition.Our country is going to MORPH. And by 2030. We roll back to the 19th century.And Steam Punk will rule.

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-09-21 at 02:10 AM. Reason: We are living every day in the past. Why ? we can with the so called best minds can only take the past and make a future
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 11:35 PM   #2869
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
There may be some valid points in this article.
The problem is you do need only a bit of research and check what Trump has done regarding drone attacks in his 4 years...

It is funny how this (right wing?) media seems concerned about the image of the US in the world, especially also accountability. Was this an issue during Trump's presidency ? I doubt it (at least if you consider his "America First" ideology not as the best way to foster a positive image), anyway you rather would think that it is almost unthinkable that any other president will manage to lower the image more than Trump - with the exception of Trump himself if he gets reelected...
Hey i like the drone attacks by Trump. What really peas me off is the drone attack by the Democrat President .Joe Biden and the Problem is Uncle Joe droned a family. And who does that the buck stop at? Trump's doorstep or Joe's? Oh what country are you from? I just want to know if we are sending your country American Dollars? And where doe's your country stand on copp 26 ? Are you a Sucker or a Player

Last edited by Gorpet; 11-09-21 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-09-21, 02:08 AM   #2870
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
To Admin. : Could this be considered a personal attack (even as ineffectual as it is)?
I don't think so , if you have to ask it must not be.
Old 11-09-21, 02:16 AM   #2871
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
To Admin. : Could this be considered a personal attack (even as ineffectual as it is)?
This sounds good what is the truth? Then again the waterfall will land on your head. LOL
Old 11-09-21, 04:23 AM   #2872
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
No, were not in a deadlock, We are in transition.Our country is going to MORPH. And by 2030. We roll back to the 19th century.And Steam Punk will rule.
Sounds about right. Sure you'll stop the rollback at the 19th century?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 12:53 PM   #2873
snak3gam3r!
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I'm surprised we're talking about Obama still in 2021. In all honesty, although he was one of the best spoken presidents, he didn't accomplish all that much sadly... I know he had great intentions but no one wanted to work with him and he wasn't enough of a force to push through what needed to be pushed.

I'm even more sad watching Biden and **** show he puts on. I don't know what's better at this point, a great talking president we all like but can't get anything done or an old guy that falls asleep at half the meeting and can barely form sentences that make sense...
snak3gam3r! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 07:37 PM   #2874
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

How Sweden swerved Covid disaster

The death toll here is lower than nations with draconian restrictions

https://unherd.com/2021/11/how-swede...ovid-disaster/

Quote:
… This fact is shockingly underreported. Consider the sheer number of articles and TV segments devoted to Sweden’s foolishly liberal attitude to the pandemic last year — and the daily reference to figures that are forgotten today. Suddenly, it is as if Sweden doesn’t exist. When the Wall Street Journal recently published a report from Portugal, it described how the country “offered a glimpse” of what it would be like to live with the virus. This new normal involved, among other things, vaccine passports and face masks at large events like football matches. Nowhere in the report was it mentioned that in Sweden you can go to football matches without wearing a facemask, or that Sweden — with a smaller proportion of Covid deaths over the course of the pandemic — had ended virtually all restrictions. Sweden has been living with the virus for some time.

The WSJ is far from alone in its selective reporting. The New York Times, Guardian, BBC, The Times, all cheerleaders for lockdowns, can’t fathom casting doubt on their efficacy.

And those who’ve followed Sweden’s example have also come in for a lot of criticism. When the state of Florida — more than a year ago and strongly inspired by Sweden — removed most of its restrictions and allowed schools, restaurant and leisure parks to reopen, the judgement from the American media was swift. The state’s Republican governor was predicted to “lead his state to the morgue” (The New Republic). The media was outraged by images of Floridians swimming and sunbathing at the beach.

DeSantis’s counterpart in New York, the embattled Democrat Andrew Cuomo, on the other hand, was offered a book deal for his “Leadership lessons from the Covid-19 pandemic”. A few months ago, he was forced to resign after harassing a dozen women. But the result of his “leadership lesson” lives on: 0.29% of his state’s residents died of Covid-19. The equivalent figure for Florida — the state that not only allowed the most freedom, but also has the second highest proportion of pensioners in the country — is 0.27%.

Once again, an underreported fact.

From a human perspective, it is easy to understand the reluctance to face these numbers. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that millions of people have been deprived of their freedom, and millions of children have had their education gravely damaged, for little demonstrable gain. Who wants to admit that they were complicit in this? But what one American judge called the “laboratories of democracy” have conducted their experiment — and the result is increasingly clear.

Exactly why it turned out this way is harder to explain, but perhaps the “noble experiment” of the 1920s in the US can offer some clues. Prohibition didn’t win because the freedom argument prevailed. Nor was it because the substance itself had become any less harmful to people’s health. The reason for the eventual demise of the alcohol ban was that it simply didn’t work. No matter what the law said, Americans didn’t stop drinking alcohol. It simply moved from bars to “speakeasies”. People learned to brew their own spirits or smuggle it in from Canada. And the American mafia had a field day.

The mistake the American authorities made was to underestimate the complexity of society. Just because they banned alcohol did not mean that alcohol disappeared. People’s drives, desires and behaviours were impossible to predict or fit into a plan. A hundred years later, a new set of authorities made the same mistake. Closing schools didn’t stop children meeting in other settings; when life was extinguished in cities, many fled them, spreading the infection to new places; the authorities urged their citizens to buy food online, without thinking about who would transport the goods from home to home.

If the politicians had been honest with themselves, they might have foreseen what would happen. For just as American politicians were constantly caught drinking alcohol during the prohibition, their successors were caught 100 years later breaking precisely the restrictions they had imposed on everyone else. The mayors of New York and Chicago, the British government’s top advisor, the Dutch Minister of Justice, the EU Trade Commissioner, the Governor of California all broke their own rules.

It isn’t easy to control other people’s lives. It isn’t easy to dictate desirable behaviours in a population via centralised command. These are lessons that many dictators have learned. During the Covid pandemic, many democracies have learned it too. The lesson has perhaps not yet sunk in, but hopefully it will eventually. Then perhaps it will be another 100 years before we make the same mistake again.
I will save you from yourselves.

Old 11-17-21, 01:33 PM   #2875
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Have a question and before I continue I can't remember if I've asked it before, I can't remember any answer.

An American President has only two terms he can be a president.

Is there anything that prevent Obama running for a third term ?

Let say he goes solo and run as an independent and he wins the 2024 election.

Edit
Google is your friend-Made a search and found this

Quote:
Text of the 22nd Amendment
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once.
So no he or others who had two terms can't be president for a third term.

What about speaker of the house or being elected as VP ?
Then the person would be appointed President if something happens
to the sitting President or will there be an extra election ?

End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 11-17-21 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Found the answer
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 03:00 PM   #2876
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Sounds about right. Sure you'll stop the rollback at the 19th century?

If we do then you'll be right there with us.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 05:27 PM   #2877
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Will the citizens in Hamtramck Michigan see any difference in a couple of years from now?

Quote:
The six-member City Council of Hamtramck will consist of all Muslims starting in January, another historic first for the metro Detroit city known for its sizable immigrant population.
https://eu.freep.com/story/news/poli...il/6288652001/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 07:27 AM   #2878
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

A very eye opening interview clip with Tristan Harris.

Old 11-19-21, 08:59 AM   #2879
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Joe Biden gets a close shave from Occam's razor

NOVEMBER 18, 2021 11:00 PM
BY HUGO GURDON
Joe Biden’s decision to order the Federal Trade Commission to investigate high gasoline prices and see if Big Oil is manipulating them prompts an ironic chuckle, for it is perfectly emblematic of this presidency. It is calculated to suggest concern about a widely felt problem without actually giving two hoots about it except insofar as it might do serious electoral damage to the party of the Left.

Since their drubbing in the Virginia governor’s race and elsewhere on Nov. 2, panicky Democrats have scrambled to create the illusion that they’re still in touch with the concerns of ordinary Americans. Biden touts his Build Back Better — or is it Bankrupt? — welfare plan as a “blue-collar blueprint” for prosperity. Translation: Hey, little people, I’ve got your back. The hapless veep nods toward government’s need to hear everyone’s voice. Translation: We don’t think you’re deplorables.

Uh-huh.

And now, because everyone notices and dislikes rising pump prices, Biden wants to persuade us saps to disregard Occam’s razor and believe corporate baddies are to blame, not his mismanagement and cheek-by-jowl adherence to the Left’s anti-energy agenda.

The reality is that Biden and his minions have waged war on domestic energy producers since his first day as president. Even now, he is doing his best to foist a comptroller of the currency onto the nation who explicitly calls for the ruin of oil companies, saying she wants them to “go bankrupt.”

Prices are soaring because demand outstrips supply, and several of the reasons can be laid at Biden’s door. He’s weakened the supply chain, discouraged domestic production in part by raising costs, and failed to persuade Russia, the Saudis, and others to bail him out with more output. (He begged them to increase production — another national embarrassment — which would substitute dirty overseas output for the world’s most regulated and cleanest production here at home. So much for concern about greenhouse gas emissions).

The problem for Biden is that sleight of hand, extra PR, and frantic communication efforts don’t fix underlying problems, as the Washington Examiner's Byron York recently noted . The administration can spin like a dreidel — goodness knows, it’s trying — but spin doesn’t change the facts.

Obscuring the real causes of rising prices won’t make prices come down or people feel them less. Saying inflation is a luxury concern and anyway is only temporary won’t make it so. Saying another $4 trillion of spending, much of it with borrowed money, will reduce price acceleration won’t achieve that end.

So, as you drive to join family members to celebrate Thanksgiving this week, you’ll know who to thank for the extra $20 you must pay to fill your gas tank each time. When you sit down to dinner, you’ll know who to thank for the fact that your favorite foodstuffs were out of stock.

Yet, for all that, there are real reasons, even in today’s politics, to be thankful. One is that voters have already seen through the Democrats’ spin and are signaling that change is a-coming. Another is that presidential terms don’t last longer than four years.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...m-occams-razor

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 10:20 PM   #2880
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
How things might have been back in the day is completely irrelevant to my point.

In the here and now the reality is if you were to carry out your threats then the best case scenario is that your family would be talking to you from the other side of plexiglass once a month for the rest of your life and worst case they're laying flowers on your grave.

Either way how are you going to stop the family of your victims from taking revenge on your now defenseless wife/niece/daughter while you're serving multiple life sentences there Killer? Ever think they may have a few husbands/uncles/fathers who might react the same way as you did? I imagine it will be fun for you to be sitting in a jail cell and getting the news that they decided to pay you back, knowing that it was you who put it all in motion.

Don't be that guy Gorpet.
Oh by the way irrelevant is today irrelevant you must know this as a master word technician.

August, When they get to where you live and they will. You have to experience it, And when it hit's your family and it will ! Will you still think the same way? Oh by the way i have a question... Will you run? will you try and talk your education as your family is screaming for their lives. Ya see You cannot escape the Reset.

Last edited by Gorpet; 12-05-21 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language in my replies to August.My apologies to him and all forum members i may have offended.