Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-22, 08:44 AM   #3331
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You can say what you want Markus but that definitely is what this is all about, same as the previous two impeachment attempts. Partisan driven witch hunts based on lies and falsehoods to eliminate a political rival.
Now they are attempting to turn what is at best a riot into some huge conspiracy. Meanwhile hundreds of people rot in jail without trial on minor charges over a year later.

As for a candidate having a criminal record that should make absolutely no difference. What what business is it of the government to deny the peoples right to choose their own representatives? This isn't government by the Pre-Approved.
I'm not saying that the DEM's didn't like Trump, I would rather say they hated him.

What I meant is your election machinery this doesn't care who want to be President-as long the person fulfil the demands-such as born in USA American citizen-Only negative thing from your election machinery is that it's human who count the votes. It's not a demand that these shall have neutral political mindset. I guess you have some kind of triple check of the votes and the counting

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 08:50 PM   #3332
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Only negative thing from your election machinery is that it's human who count the votes. It's not a demand that these shall have neutral political mindset. I guess you have some kind of triple check of the votes and the counting

Markus

Supervised humans counting hard copy ballots is a far more accurate and secure way of conducting an election than any computer counting system could ever be. Results of an election can be independently verified after the fact. That can't be done with electronic based systems.

Only problem with hard copy, if you want to call it one, is that it takes a little more time to tabulate but I'd rather have a result in a couple of days which can be trusted over an unverifiable result splashed on the TV screen right after the polls close.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-22, 05:14 AM   #3333
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Election Watchdog Fines Clinton Campaign For Lying About Steele Dossier In Finance Filings

https://thefederalist.com/2022/03/30...nance-filings/

Quote:
The FEC said Hillary for America violated the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 — which requires political committees to disclose payments over $200 per year and notate the purpose of the funds properly — by falsely attributing the money used to orchestrate the Russian collusion hoax as “legal services” on finance filings.
Quote:
As Special Counsel John Durham’s investigation revealed, Perkins Coie, the law firm hired by the Clinton campaign, paid Fusion GPS more than $1 million, $175,000 which was used to fund opposition research designed to undermine then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele to compile negative and false secondhand accounts designed to tie Trump to the Kremlin that were subsequently fed to corporate media reporters and government officials.

This coordinated effort by Clinton allies, some of whom have been indicted for lying to the FBI, to lie about their political enemies sparked the Obama administration’s efforts to spy on Trump and his campaign under knowingly false pretenses.
Quote:
“Acting in concert, the Defendants maliciously conspired to weave a false narrative that their Republican opponent, Donald J. Trump, was colluding with a hostile foreign sovereignty. The actions taken in furtherance of their scheme — falsifying evidence, deceiving law enforcement, and exploiting access to highly-sensitive data sources — are so outrageous, subversive and incendiary that even the events of Watergate pale in comparison,” the complaint states.
Now that is political corruption on steroids.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-22, 06:16 AM   #3334
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/31/p...den/index.html

Quote:
Donald Trump is doing it again -- putting his personal goals and burning zeal for revenge above the national interest -- as he once more appeals for Russian President Vladimir Putin's political help in the midst of the brutality in Ukraine. Trump's call on the Kremlin strongman to dig up dirt on President Joe Biden is no surprise. He's called on Russia and China before to interfere in US elections to boost his chances and got impeached for trying to blackmail Ukraine to do the same.
But this may be the ex-President's most twisted and pathological attempt yet to corruptly advance his own political career ahead of a possible 2024 White House bid. His thinking seems to be clear. Putin might be raining atrocities on Ukrainian citizens, bombing hospitals, apartment blocks, razing entire cities and sending 4 million refugees west into Europe. But Trump seems willing to overlook all of that in service of his own perceived interests.
Not only is Trump seeking to cook up a self-serving conspiracy with a Russian President much of the world now regards as a war criminal. He's also asking an enemy of the United States, who has threatened nuclear war, to damage the American commander-in-chief who is leading the West in an effort to aid an innocent, invaded nation and to save democracy.
Dragons sit in their lairs and guard mountains of gold, Trumps sit in their lairs and guard mountains of other stuff.
Old 03-31-22, 08:04 AM   #3335
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Supervised humans counting hard copy ballots is a far more accurate and secure way of conducting an election than any computer counting system could ever be. Results of an election can be independently verified after the fact. That can't be done with electronic based systems.

Only problem with hard copy, if you want to call it one, is that it takes a little more time to tabulate but I'd rather have a result in a couple of days which can be trusted over an unverifiable result splashed on the TV screen right after the polls close.
There you have it Dave-It's only the DEM's and a certain percentage of the American people who don't wanna Trump to be the next president. The election machinery doesn't care who want to be a president-It only want the candidate to fulfil the the requirements.

If Trump decide to run..it will be up the American voters and not the politicians among the DEM's to decide if Trump shall be your next President - They will of course do their best to prevent this. They will do their best so Biden can win a second term.

Markus

Old 03-31-22, 11:58 AM   #3336
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The election machinery doesn't care who want to be a president-It only want the candidate to fulfill the the requirements

That depends on the type of machinery don't it? If it is being secretly manipulated, as is much easier with electronic voting and I'll throw absentee "analog" voting in there too, then it's actual requirements may be much different than a candidates published qualifications, at least when it comes to winning.

Old 03-31-22, 12:06 PM   #3337
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
That depends on the type of machinery don't it? If it is being secretly manipulated, as is much easier with electronic voting and I'll throw absentee "analog" voting in there too, then it's actual requirements may be much different than a candidates published qualifications, at least when it comes to winning.

I should have mentioned it
When I used the words Election machinery I meant all of it from A to Z. I don't what every thing around election is called, not even in Swed. Dan. or Ger.

It's a machinery who start when the opposition has found their Candidate.
And ends when a candidate has been elected and is in the White House 20th of Jan.

It's this I meant, The machinery doesn't care who wanna be President. Hope you understand now

Edit
It's not only the machine you use when you shall pick which candidate you want to be the President. I wanna tell you it's the entire election machinery
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-31-22 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-01-22, 07:41 AM   #3338
u crank

The New Authoritarians

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/n...authoritarians

Quote:
After Trump’s election, many commentators expressed anxiety that his followers would plunge the country into far-right authoritarianism. Instead, it is the class of college-educated Democrats that now openly argues for the value of blind submission to authority and the elimination of personal freedoms.
Quote:
Thus are woke professionals of all ages advancing evermore extreme positions to oust their competitors and vie for limited spots in the managerial elite. As these positions become more extreme, the people who hold them become more absolutist, cruel, and deeply undemocratic. In other words, they become everything we were once taught to fear from Trumpism.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 04-01-22, 08:03 AM   #3339
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I should have mentioned it
When I used the words Election machinery I meant all of it from A to Z. I don't what every thing around election is called, not even in Swed. Dan. or Ger.

It's a machinery who start when the opposition has found their Candidate.
And ends when a candidate has been elected and is in the White House 20th of Jan.

It's this I meant, The machinery doesn't care who wanna be President. Hope you understand now

Edit
It's not only the machine you use when you shall pick which candidate you want to be the President. I wanna tell you it's the entire election machinery
End edit

Markus

Yeah I understand Markus. What I am trying to explain to you is that you cannot consider such a mechanism separately from its operators. Saying the machinery doesn't care who runs it is like saying that the car which hits you doesn't care who it runs over. That might be technically true because cars, like election systems do not have feelings, but regardless it wouldn't have run you over in the first place if there had not been a person behind the wheel directing it.

So imo it's useless to talk about how the election machinery feels about the candidates that are running in an election. What is important is what the people who operate it feel about the candidates and what they are willing to do to make sure the right candidate (in their eyes) ends up the winner.

Old 04-01-22, 08:37 AM   #3340
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Yeah I understand Markus. What I am trying to explain to you is that you cannot consider such a mechanism separately from its operators. Saying the machinery doesn't care who runs it is like saying that the car which hits you doesn't care who it runs over. That might be technically true because cars, like election systems do not have feelings, but regardless it wouldn't have run you over in the first place if there had not been a person behind the wheel directing it.

So imo it's useless to talk about how the election machinery feels about the candidates that are running in an election. What is important is what the people who operate it feel about the candidates and what they are willing to do to make sure the right candidate (in their eyes) ends up the winner.
I do not disagree with what you have said Dave
In the end it's the human who decide who shall be the President. Which I mentioned before.

Personally I don't care who you pick as your President-I only want the election to be true and fair.

Markus

Old 04-01-22, 01:53 PM   #3341
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I do not disagree with what you have said Dave
In the end it's the human who decide who shall be the President. Which I mentioned before.

Personally I don't care who you pick as your President-I only want the election to be true and fair.

Markus
Me too, well I do care who wins of course, but I also want it to be a true and fair election, one that I have some degree of confidence has been conducted that way.

In that light I also believe that the old fashioned hard copy paper ballot that is:

1, Secretly cast at an official polling station by a person whose eligibility to vote in the election has been confirmed.
2. counted by a human, who is being watched by both neutral and partisan observers as they do it.
3. then is placed in a sealed locked container and stored for possible recounting later by whoever may have an interest.

...is still the best and most secure voting system ever invented by man for ensuring truth and fairness in an election.

The second you break that strong chain of custody by digitizing any part of that process you vastly increase the chances of large scale fraud and worse you make it impossible to verify it later. The tracks are forever covered like electronic dust in the wind.

Old 04-01-22, 09:51 PM   #3342
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/31/p...den/index.html

Dragons sit in their lairs and guard mountains of gold, Trumps sit in their lairs and guard mountains of other stuff.

Meanwhile…

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/...anpress.com%2F

Quote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation

Euromaidan Press
@EuromaidanPress
Germany granted the Czech Republic permission to deliver nearly 60 infantry fighting vehicles to Ukraine

Attempts to deliver them began in 2019.Acc to Welt, Merkel's gov did not approve it, saying it would damage dialogue with Russia
They will arrive in coming weeks after tech inspection https://welt.de/politik/deutschland/...ee.html…
11:13 AM · Apr 1, 2022·Twitter Web App
Retweets
Quote Tweets
Josh Vegas
@JoshVegas6
·
11h
Replying to
@EuromaidanPress
Friends like that..

todeskie alias
@aliastodeskie
·
11h
Replying to
@EuromaidanPress
Brussels is some kind of exotic food that only rich people eat..

What did Ismay say why NATO existed? Wasn’t it to keep Germany down and Russians out? Now I understand who the REAL shifty two faces evil bastards are. Collaborating and colluding with Putin while distracting the world with irrelevant arguments about people who don’t matter. 15 years ago former Warsaw Pact members who lived under the totalitarianism of Moscow warned us of such things.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...any/ar-AAVbWFn

Quote:
In the course of his speech, Zelensky repeatedly faulted German leaders for allowing Russia to expand its influence, and he compared the situation to the West’s promises to “never again” allow a situation such as the Holocaust.

“Every year, politicians say, ‘Never again,’ ” Zelensky said, according to CNN, invoking a war in which Germany was the aggressor. “Now, I see that these words are worthless. In Europe, a people is being destroyed.”

Ya but what about Trump?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-01-22 at 10:14 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 02:45 AM   #3343
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

If you want to say I am agreeing with German politics, then you have red me wrong and on many occasions.

And while Germany made itself more depending on Russian gas, its not as if your own governments have not kind of snuggled up to Russia, too. Especially Trump, who hailed Russian leadership often, and even when the invasion already had started. He wanted and threatened to give up NATO, didnt he.
His attempt to destroy the constitutional order of eldction processes and to influence justice system would, if successful, send shockwaves of erosion through the whole West. That he constantly lies, liey more, and repeats his lies, is what it is: lying. That so many of you people in the US still believe them, do not mind for them, still support him - that is the real menace here. Trump only can appear strong because his followers are too weak. As I say and said many times before: Trump is just the symptom.
Old 04-02-22, 04:57 AM   #3344
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Meanwhile…

Ya but what about Trump?
He's nobody in this fight.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 06:47 AM   #3345
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Ya but what about Trump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
He's nobody in this fight.
The only thing more fascinating than the fascination with Trump is the fascination with those who have the fascination with Trump. Ah crap now I sound like Kamala.

― Arthur C. Clarke