Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-22, 04:38 PM   #3301
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Some "realities" you only find inside people's heads. The BBC finds it difficult to dig them out from there.
If you can find any inaccuracies in what I have posted let's hear it. Otherwise enjoy your own "realities".

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 05:00 PM   #3302
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A speech is just a speech Iand I do nto giv emcubn for speeche,ls but still, some are better and some are worse. This one was defionetely one of the better ones.
Not bad for an old hack of a babbling huckster.

Some politicians easily can be imagined who forever will be incapable to deliver a speech like this, and I do not mean the pronounciation, but the meaning of the words, and the spirit it breathes. Germany's Olaf Scholz or Grand Orange Party's Donald Trump just two examples.
Old 03-26-22, 05:47 PM   #3303
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
A speech is just a speech Iand I do nto giv emcubn for speeche,ls but still, some are better and some are worse. This one was defionetely one of the better ones.

Some politicians easily can be imagined who forever will be incapable to deliver a speech like this, and I do not mean the pronounciation, but the meaning of the words, and the spirit it breathes. Germany's Olaf Scholz or Grand Orange Party's Donald Trump just two examples.

What do think of this speech?

Quote:
I think it's very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia when you're supposed to supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia. So we're protecting Germany, we're protecting France, we're protecting all of these countries and numerous countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia where they're paying billions into the coughers of Russia.

So we're supposed to protect you against Russia but they're paying billions of dollars to Russia and I think that's very in inappropriate. And the former Chancellor of Germany is the head of the pipeline company that is supplying the gas. Ultimately, Germany will have almost 70% of their country controlled by Russia with natural gas. So you tell me, is that appropriate? I've been complaining about this from the time I got in. It should have never been allowed to happen. But Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they were getting from 60 to 70% of their energy from Russia in a new pipeline and you tell me if that is appropriate because I think it's not and I think it's a very bad thing for NATO. And I don't think it should have happened and I think we have to talk to Germany about that.

On top of that Germany is just paying a little over 1%. Whereas the United States in actual numbers is paying 4.2% of a much larger GDP. So I think that's inappropriate also. We're protecting Germany, we're protecting France, we're protecting everybody and yet we're paying a lot of money to protect. Now, this has been going on for decades. This has been brought up by other presidents but other presidents never did anything about it because I don't think they understood or just didn't want to get involved.

But I have to bring it up because I think it is very unfair to our country, it's very unfair to our taxpayers and I think that these countries have to step it up -- not over a 10 year period, they have to step it up immediately.

Germany is a very rich county. They talk about they can increase it a tiny bit by 2030. Well, they could increase it immediately tomorrow and have no problem. I don't think it is fair to the United States. so we're going to have to do something because we're not going to put up with it. We can't put up with it. And it's inappropriate. So we have to talk about the billions and billions that's being paid to the country that we're supposed to be protecting you against. Everybody's talking about it all over the world. They'll say wait a minute we're supposed to be protecting you from Russia but why are you paying billions of dollars to Russia for energy? Why are countries in NATO, namely Germany having a large percentage of their energy needs paid to Russia and taken care of by Russia?

Now, if you look at it, Germany is a captive of Russia because they got rid of their coal plants, they got rid of their nuclear plants. They're getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it's something NATO has to look at.

I think it is very inappropriate. You and I agree it's inappropriate. I don't know what you can do about it now but it certainly doesn't seem to make sense that they've paid billions of dollars to Russia and now we have to defend them against Russia.
FORMER WARSAW PACT MEMBERS experienced oppression of Moscow. It was they who sounded the alarm along the above speech by your favorite scapegoat. That Germany was a bunch double dealing financiers of the mess we find our selves in today. It’s not Biden, it’s not Trump, it’s not Poland or Ukraine that got us here. it’s Putin and the Germans who paid for it that got us here.

Before any replies read the speech.

I will admit nearly all European nations, the European Commission, and a sizeable portion of the German, Austrian, and Dutch publics oppose NS2. Stopping NS2 is not anti-European. Only certain Germans and their Putin lovin colleagues started this and it happened because you weren’t looking or didn’t care to look. And now the United States, U.K. and France and others have over 140,000 troops protecting your eastern flank because you dropped the ball and were more interested in cryin over mean tweets and orange hair. Don’t ever attempt to compare any of our presidents to your own leadership collaborating with Moscow and colluding with Putin

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-26-22 at 06:15 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 06:27 PM   #3304
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ yeah this is so unfair (whine)
One is a petty economical bill list, the other is a speech.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 08:22 PM   #3305
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Yet here we are on the verge of nuclear war. There are and always have been alternatives to investing billions into Putin’s dream world. Nuclear, coal, electric, hydrogen, oil etc etc but some Germans prefer to spend billions to support Putin and unfortunately the majority unwittingly followed in the name of climate change and Fukushima. Now allied armies are staged once again to defend the blind even while they and others still piss and moan over headlines, internal party politics, mean tweets, orange hair and the new most idiotic argument injected into this situation to date, isolationists!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 08:26 PM   #3306
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Yet here we are on the verge of nuclear war. There are and always have been alternatives to investing billions into Putin’s dream world. Nuclear, coal, electric, hydrogen, oil etc etc but some Germans prefer to spend billions to support Putin and unfortunately the majority unwittingly followed in the name of climate change and Fukushima. Now allied armies are staged once again to defend the blind even while they and others still piss and moan over headlines, internal party politics, mean tweets, orange hair and the new most idiotic argument injected into this situation to date, isolationists!
You're welcome.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 04:44 AM   #3307
u crank

Quote:

Some politicians easily can be imagined who forever will be incapable to deliver a speech like this, and I do not mean the pronounciation, but the meaning of the words, and the spirit it breathes.
Regime Change Biden Goes Nuts

Quote:
Just when you thought that Washington couldn’t possibly concoct a worse foreign policy, President Joe Biden rose to the challenge—abetted by the Beltway uniparty. Democrats and Republicans alike seem to share the goal of putting America last.
https://supermacro.substack.com/p/re...tent=share&s=r

Quote:
Why then does Biden think it makes sense to call in effect for Putin’s removal from power, trial, and lifelong detention or execution for war crimes? None of these things is remotely likely to happen and they make negotiation much more difficult.

Most Americans can grasp this concept even if the highly credentialed bobos running our foreign policy cannot. If you want to buy a used car, does it make sense to call up the salesman in advance and call him a scumbag, even if he is one?
Quote:
Unlike our own politicians of both parties, they realize their national and economic security depend on inexpensive and secure energy. They also do not feel the need Washington seems to feel to let rich Europe off the hook again for skimping on its own defense. Why bail out the European Union, a grouping of wealthy nations with 400 million people and a $21 trillion economy that disdains Americans and the idea of America? Reinforcing such a moral hazard only makes sense if one is desperate to cover up a failure and try to preserve a discredited idea that is sinking beneath the waves—the fate of the postmodern, globalist dream.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-27-22, 05:29 AM   #3308
Skybird
Soaring

If Trump would have sait it, peope would cheer, and admire his courage and honour him for just talking straight, and that he gave Putin somethign to think about.

Biden, different to Trump, did not mean it beyond the moment. He slipped to a human error: "Look this Putin guy does this and this and this, all the crimes and all that brutality and all, that horror, I mean, can anyone seriously want to leave somebody like this in office (if he had the choice), eh? "

In life I had some disputes with this and that persons, and when we wer4e angry and the volumne went up I may have soimetimes even said "Grrrrr - Ich könnte dich umbringen!". If anyone now considers this to be evidence that I planned the assassination of somebody, I cannot help it.

I hate to imagine what Trump would have contributed to the mess of the past 4 weeks. Biden sits on a rich pillow ox experiences how the cold war game is beign played, and we are lucky that he knows that. Still, he got plenty of diplomatic stuff done, got pressure on the USSR2, reached an unprecedented level of unity, and overcame some stubborn oppsoition inEurope (Germany), he amde good use of the crisis, so to speak. We could really have much worse a US president in this crisis. I do not say he shakes the world, but all in all he got the balance well between pressuring stance, and what can prgamatically be acheived, and not letting it escalate into a war.

I would not take that as a natural thing. Imagine May or Johnson or Merkel or Trump in his seat - or better not! Its not for the faint of heart. I magine Scholz being not chancellor of Germany with the klimite dpowre and reach of that post, but being boss in the oval office - boah, better not!
Old 03-27-22, 06:00 AM   #3309
u crank

Quote:
If Trump would have sait it, peope would cheer, and admire his courage and honour him for just talking straight, and that he gave Putin somethign to think about.

Biden, different to Trump, did not mean it beyond the moment. He slipped to a human error: "Look this Putin guy does this and this and this, all the crimes and all that brutality and all, that horror, I mean, can anyone seriously want to leave somebody like this in office (if he had the choice), eh? "
It doesn't matter who said it. What matters is what was said. It is amazing to me that people come to this guys defense simply because he is not Orange Man Bad. Three times this week the White House staff has had to cleanup Biden's nonsense. The guy needs to stop talking. One can only imagine what Putin thinks of this idiot.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-27-22, 06:23 AM   #3310
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I guess u crank is correct.

Had it been Trump who had said those words some of you would have gone berserk and written very long comments.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 06:32 AM   #3311
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

here i go and i'm sure i will make someone mad:under Trump secure southern border,unemployment was down to 3%(until the virus hit)good gas prices,donating his President pay sure had a mean tweet or two,decent price on everything stop donating millions to who why should my taxes go to some 3 rate country to take care of their people not my problem or America problem,donating masks and anti virus stuff to other countries again not my problem or America problem if other countries are boneheads and don't want to take care of their people that is on them not on me,students loans why should i pay for someone collage then drop the loan they knew what they was signing in for.for me i was better off under Trump than the bonehead in office now,next it is funny too log in here and read post slamming Trump for threating to withhold weapons from ukraine when their countries wasn't even doing that much and bending over for putin and reading their up to arms post after Putin attack Ukraine well you boys are kinda late for the party oh before i forget the CIA and special forces was training Ukraines under trump they only pull out month before the attack seem like that training getting use pretty good in bumping off Russian high ranks,am i a America first damn right i am take care of your own before someone else
Old 03-27-22, 06:55 AM   #3312
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I guess u crank is correct.

Had it been Trump who had said those words some of you would have gone berserk and written very long comments.

Markus
well said Markus and hitting the nail on the head
Old 03-27-22, 08:32 AM   #3313
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
It doesn't matter who said it. What matters is what was said. It is amazing to me that people come to this guys defense simply because he is not Orange Man Bad. Three times this week the White House staff has had to cleanup Biden's nonsense. The guy needs to stop talking. One can only imagine what Putin thinks of this idiot.
You are wrong again, in America these days it all matters who it is who says something. The same message told by two different guys can now meet completely different, even mutually excluding reactions from the crowd. Thats the sad state of things. Political party and camp warfare is the condition of American politics now. Total war, as far as domestic politics go. What uniforms of two fightign armies are in war, party affiliation is in US politics today.
Old 03-27-22, 09:30 AM   #3314
u crank

Quote:
You are wrong again, in America these days it all matters who it is who says something.
Well if that's your opinion so be it. I disagree. The President is the head of his Administration. What he says matters. When Biden's own WH staff has to constantly correct or say he didn't mean it there is clearly a communication problem. If Trump was doing it people would lose their minds so why are people defending Biden when he does it?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-27-22, 10:06 AM   #3315
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Well if that's your opinion so be it. I disagree. The President is the head of his Administration. What he says matters. When Biden's own WH staff has to constantly correct or say he didn't mean it there is clearly a communication problem. If Trump was doing it people would lose their minds so why are people defending Biden when he does it?
And vice versa, as so often illustrated in past years.

Okay, enough fun was had from this. Im out of this round.