Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-24, 12:45 PM   #16
ljekio
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

thanks for the answers, I'll look into OptionsFileEditorViewer
3. I think I found a solution by setting it to windowed mode and making the resolution slightly smaller than the screen resolution. It works quite stable.

Another observation - TWos is a super mod and I really like how everything is organized there, but there are things that hardcore people love, but I don’t like. For example, I don’t like being regular attacked by planes at night 100 km from the coast in 1939 (without previous contacts wiht enemies) and the fact that destroyers at the beginning of 1940 were already really angry and they don’t let you go even >100m (where is my happy times . Although in the stock game it’s the other way around, it was annoying that the planes never attacked even during the day, and it wasn’t worth any effort to fool the dd.
ljekio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 03:12 PM   #17
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

thanks for the answers, I'll look into OptionsFileEditorViewer
3. I think I found a solution by setting it to windowed mode and making the resolution slightly smaller than the screen resolution. It works quite stable.

Another observation - TWos is a super mod and I really like how everything is organized there, but there are things that hardcore people love, but I don’t like. For example, I don’t like being regular attacked by planes at night 100 km from the coast in 1939 (without previous contacts wiht enemies) and the fact that destroyers at the beginning of 1940 were already really angry and they don’t let you go even >100m (where is my happy times . Although in the stock game it’s the other way around, it was annoying that the planes never attacked even during the day, and it wasn’t worth any effort to fool the dd.

Hey ljekio
look into OptionsFileEditorViewer

Destroyers by definition... don't try to attack them, especially if you're a novice...
You can attack them but you will need a certain amount of experience otherwise you will pay dearly for the repairs or you will end up with the HiHi fund...Besides that is what I like about these mods the game takes on another dimension which is great.. .
I add that the commanders of Uboat were not looking for the attacked... unless an opportunity presented itself to them... for the planes I was not far enough into the game to tell you... I broke my installation at several times more I have several mods installed whether it is sh3 NYGM by Fifi ..Onealex..LSH2015&2020 by Urmel..CcoM11&12by Rowie.. GWX enhanced by Toyotagt86(to discuss but very good)sh4 FOTRSU by Probehanie & s7rikeback.. RFB 2.0... TMO BH..KSD II wolfpack.. sh5 TWOS...etc so many I tried I don't remember them all.. I'm entering my 8th year here my learning curve is far from being finish you can believe me there are so many mods and things to know for custom editing..what I like to do.. if you follow me here in terms of screens shoot..
you understand that I can't test them all thoroughly.. what's more, I don't just play this kind of game.. I can't play them all..!!! all the time...Real Life obliges
I'll tell you more soon... I restarted the campaign I'm still in Attack Poland 1939..I tested so many mods on sh5 in order to have the best custom assembly that suits me and as I'm demanding especially graphically it's long...besides I plan to try the Sober one which seems very Hardcore according to Peter but I will see because I have to find the necessary time because there is a lot to worry about before putting it together as I wish..
I even have the work of my friend GrenSo on these interiors, I haven't had time to try it yet, that's to say... besides, I recommend it, go here for that
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=252773

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-25-24 at 03:41 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 11:51 AM   #18
ljekio
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thanks, i managed to set everything up the way I wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Destroyers by definition... don't try to attack them, especially if you're a novice...
You can attack them but you will need a certain amount of experience otherwise you will pay dearly for the repairs or you will end up with the HiHi fund...Besides that is what I like about these mods the game takes on another dimension which is great.. .
I add that the commanders of Uboat were not looking for the attacked... unless an opportunity presented itself to them... for the planes I was not far enough into the game to tell you... I broke my installation at several times more I have several mods installed whether it is sh3 NYGM by Fifi ..Onealex..LSH2015&2020 by Urmel..CcoM11&12by Rowie.. GWX enhanced by Toyotagt86(to discuss but very good)sh4 FOTRSU by Probehanie & s7rikeback.. RFB 2.0... TMO BH..KSD II wolfpack.. sh5 TWOS...etc so many I tried I don't remember them all.. I'm entering my 8th year here my learning curve is far from being finish you can believe me there are so many mods and things to know for custom editing..what I like to do.. if you follow me here in terms of screens shoot..
you understand that I can't test them all thoroughly.. what's more, I don't just play this kind of game.. I can't play them all..!!! all the time...Real Life obliges
I'll tell you more soon... I restarted the campaign I'm still in Attack Poland 1939..I tested so many mods on sh5 in order to have the best custom assembly that suits me and as I'm demanding especially graphically it's long...besides I plan to try the Sober one which seems very Hardcore according to Peter but I will see because I have to find the necessary time because there is a lot to worry about before putting it together as I wish..
I even have the work of my friend GrenSo on these interiors, I haven't had time to try it yet, that's to say... besides, I recommend it, go here for that
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=252773
It so happened that I was always interested in the content more than the visual component and I would have had enough views from the combat control posts + of course the external environment. I'm almost satisfied with the appearance here, but I want maximum stability (yes, some bugs will remain forever, like loss of sound and other known problems). But when I tried interface mods, the stability often dropped unacceptably. That's why I appreciate the TWos build, which introduces a lot of innovations into the game and at the same time remains stable at the level of the stock patch. The only complaint is that the map looks like it was taken from SH3 and looks bad, but I haven’t seen a replacement that would display the Kriegsmarine grid.
Old 04-28-24, 12:27 PM   #19
ljekio
Swabbie

By the way, I’ve been wanting to know for a long time: do my contact reports affect anything? Sometimes it turns out funny - I send a report about the contact, and later I get a message from BdU: radio contact was recently reported and investigate if suitable. And the place that I sent is indicated.
Old 04-29-24, 03:35 PM   #20
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljekio View Post
By the way, I’ve been wanting to know for a long time: do my contact reports affect anything? Sometimes it turns out funny - I send a report about the contact, and later I get a message from BdU: radio contact was recently reported and investigate if suitable. And the place that I sent is indicated.
Hey ljekio..

For the reports I don't proceed like you...the Bdu gives me these instructions...then I applied it if I did it a little depending on the conditions...after torpedoing I possibly make a report...but I don't do it contact report unless it is requested..

"The only complaint is that the map looks like it was taken from SH3 and looks bad, but I haven’t seen a replacement that would display the Kriegsmarine grid."

The lack of reading provided in the documentation by the creator can alter the judgment...
you have everything you need here watch...
Reading the doc can answer a lot of questions sometimes..I know..people don't like reading anymore..lol
So here it is for you..
Old 04-30-24, 01:42 AM   #21
ljekio
Swabbie

Hello, no no, I know about these tools, it’s just that the map itself is quite rough, with thick lines and large pixels, that’s what I meant. Although I'm almost used to it now. And I always sent a report about contacts when either I couldn’t attack myself, or the target was too fat. And then I often receive a yellow message from the BDU about radio contact in the same area - they say, investigate it out.
Old 04-30-24, 04:05 AM   #22
Kintanar
Swabbie

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Hello, no no, I know about these tools, it’s just that the map itself is quite rough, with thick lines and large pixels, that’s what I meant. Although I'm almost used to it now. And I always sent a report about contacts when either I couldn’t attack myself, or the target was too fat. And then I often receive a yellow message from the BDU about radio contact in the same area - they say, investigate it out.
It is not that the map has been taken from SH3, because that is how the Kriegsmarine naval maps were like, rough. Even some grid elements have been removed in the game for better readability.

Take a look at this:
https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmar.../feature6.html

Regarding the contact reports, if there are other submarines in the area, they will also attack, in a way like wolfpacks. Even if there are any allied air bases, they will also send some planes to attack the convoy.

In the Atlantic it is less common to form a wolfpack derived from your contact report because the submarines are further away from each other, but in the Mediterrean campaign I have seen that it is much more common, since the space is smaller and the submarines are closer to each other.
Old 04-30-24, 02:04 PM   #23
ljekio
Swabbie

I still talked more about the interface, but oh well. On the good side, I met a whale and the cargo ship I attacked crashed into the destroyer and recorded it as a frag for me. A lot of good things happened here with SH3, but I'm a little confused by the color of the sea in this mod. I have already begun to miss the blue water, which does not exist anywhere and in any weather.
Old 04-30-24, 05:34 PM   #24
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
I still talked more about the interface, but oh well. On the good side, I met a whale and the cargo ship I attacked crashed into the destroyer and recorded it as a frag for me. A lot of good things happened here with SH3, but I'm a little confused by the color of the sea in this mod. I have already begun to miss the blue water, which does not exist anywhere and in any weather.
It's very strange, I've never had a collision between ships so far...that surprises me..!!!
Now for the water... there are loads of mods here.. when you give yourself the means to read lol... go to the screens shoot section you will see it for yourself the water is not always blue as you claim... We are not in SH3 here the graphics engine is much better...the problem and elsewhere for the modders here..
If you don't like the mod don't play it!!! return to sh3!!! ...Yet the modders here have done phenomenal work, especially with this damn graphics engine...
Now the questions are over... read the documentation provided... the questions then... get to work... you have members here offering their soup of mods, there's plenty to do...
Completing your profile would be a plus thank you..When you register on a forum we follow the rules thank you for your understanding have good fun...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-30-24 at 05:43 PM.